• Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Lawrence Smith looked...

...bad!

He was beaten regularly. Granted, the DTs for the jags are top notch, and it was his first game.

I'm hoping he'll improve because I didn't see much positive from him yesterday.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

He did? If he did why wasn't Bledsoe sacked more than once?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

What was the line on Lawrence Smith?

The man he replaced would have been called for 1 holding penalty, 1 false start and been responsible for at least 1/2 sack. By the way, how did Ruben fair yesterday? EE?

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        How many times did we pass the ball? He was regularly in the backfield on both running and passing plays. Therer were quite a few run plays that went nowhere because he was pushed into the backfield.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

The man he replaced would have been called for 1 holding penalty, 1 false start and been responsible for at least 1/2 sack. By the way, how did Ruben fair yesterday? EE?
          Don't know. It was on the same time as the Bills game.

Bears had a chance to win it at the end, but Rex threw a pic in the endzone.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Brown had another solid game according to one of their board analysis.. Seemed effective in his ability to pull and clear the path for the runners.. Consistent line play is the key to being effective.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

spare me juice Brown would have been manhadled worse than Smith was AND he would have had at leatst 2 penalties!
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Detroit isn't exactly the steel curtain. I think Jones got around 70 yards rushing, so that's nothing to write home about.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                  spare me juice Brown would have been manhadled worse than Smith was AND he would have had at leatst 2 penalties!
                  Your "Manhandled" opinion doesn't change the fact that RB is playing well in Chi. at a good price, and Bears fans see him as their Second best lineman just like he was in Buffalo when he anchored this line.

Both Vallarial and Brown were called for Holding penalties Yesterday, the only difference was that Rubens was declined and Vallarials was another Huge mistake by a Veteran, one of many to cost us this game.

"Ruben Would have" sounds more like your "Expert" opinion.. What's your OPINION on our LG play?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                    Your "Manhandled" opinion doesn't change the fact that RB is playing well in Chi. at a good price, and Bears fans see him as their Second best lineman just like he was in Buffalo when he anchored this line.

Both Vallarial and Brown were called for Holding penalties Yesterday, the only difference was that Rubens was declined and Vallarials was another Huge mistake by a Veteran, one of many to cost us this game.

"Ruben Would have" sounds more like your "Expert" opinion.. What's your OPINION on our LG play?
                    Someone at game kept calling Ruben's name everytime there was a penalty. I told he was as right as he ever was for he used to claim Ruben got 2 penalties a game and he blamed two on Ruben. Ruben got the shaft from fans following lead from questionable media figures like Glenn Parker did with followers/mindless zombies who followed Chuck Dickerson's direction.

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

Because Jax has no pass rush and he plays guard? Stroud and Henderson are solid, but they're not sack machines, they'll be lucky to combine for 10 sacks this season. I thought our line did ok considering who they were up against, but 1 sack against Jax is what should be expected when you're averaging less than 6 ypa.

The reason we had only 1 sack against is because Drew dumped the ball off the whole game.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

The reason we had only 1 sack against is because Drew dumped the ball off the whole game.
                        Which is what we want to see more of and what everyone was *****ing about him not doing.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Which is what we want to see more of and what everyone was *****ing about him not doing.
                          Exactly ... but it doesn't mean that Smith played well.

Do you just try to disagree with everyone?

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                            Exactly ... but it doesn't mean that Smith played well.

Do you just try to disagree with everyone?
                            Do you look for negatives in everything?

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Do you look for negatives in everything?
                              I'll take that as a yes to my question.

As far as positives ... I've said Reese played well. I thought our coach's did a good job (I like the call for the punt instead of FG and I've said that and I also said that I'm glad they were successful on 3rd downs - I did say its dangerous if its pattern (didn't everyone complain about Gilbride for that) - but gave the benefit of the doubt it was because of the Jags DTs). I don't think Lindell is nearly as bad as others have said (and I've said that). I gave Drew credit for playing well.

Are you only allowed to think positive about certain things and negative about certain things?

Comment

Working...
                              X