PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

L.A. Playa
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Though it sucks to lose the opener, the hopes for this team is based upon "name" players that havent performed up to par the las season and a half for the most part. Remember this is still a young team and Mularkey is a ROOKIE coach, he made some mistakes yesterday, the defense made mistakes at a critical time, but sometimes you have to lose a game likethis to learn what it takes to win a game like this. In my opinion Mc Gahee should have got a crack at the goalline he proved in preseason hehas a knack for finding the endzone. They should have tried a field goal in stead of punting in their last possesion, and though they should have just tried to knock the ball down or knocked the reciever's head off andwe win atleast by the way they reacted to the ball they are more focused on turnovers. This team will grow and get better week 1 in the long run means very little, its how you finish the season that matters. The Raiders will be tough in Oakland but are weak up the middle against the run I think we can exploit that and sneak out a win, also the effect of not having Milloy yesterday I think was felt on the final drive. Though theteam lost I believeMularkey and the team will grow and learn and get better, atleast Mularkey didnt say it was a failure to execute