PDA

View Full Version : One thing I've been trying to figure out...

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM
is how wys is going to blame this all on Drew?

Thoughts?

The Spaz
09-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Look for an article some time soon.:puke:

Patrick76777
09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
is how wys is going to blame this all on Drew?

Thoughts?

It'll be tough, but I bet he's calling for the heads of at least 5 or 6 players, 2 or 3 coaches and TD.

lordofgun
09-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Bledsoe: Any game by Bledsoe without costly mistakes and turnovers is a “good” one. He should have been able to shred this secondary however with the talent mismatch between the Bills’ receivers and the Jags’ secondary. It is only uphill over the next five games as every one of the secondaries there has top or very close to top cornerbacks and defensive backs.

Bledsoe had plenty of time in the pocket and still did not turn a big game. On several key throws with plenty of time, his throws were off. Versus a team with a pass rush, the offense is even worse than it was in this game.

It is always a flag when an extremely mediocre game by a quarterback is hailed as a “good game” by some. Bledsoe’s numbers were very average especially considering that they were posted against a team with little to no pass rush and an equally bad secondary.
http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/293852.html

FTG
09-13-2004, 11:24 AM
:shakeno: You've got to be kidding me! I don't care what Wys says, to say those things ..............he has a personal vendetta against Bledsoe.

lordofgun
09-13-2004, 11:30 AM
17 for 26
153 yards, 1TD
65.4% completion percentage
93.9 QB Rating

I'll take those numbers any day. It's not Drew's fault they didn't try to exploit the Jags secondary. The playcalling is to blame.

The Spaz
09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
:shakeno: You've got to be kidding me! I don't care what Wys says, to say those things ..............he has a personal vendetta against Bledsoe.

Of course he has a vandetta.

FTG
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
I like Wys, unfortunately it's become obvious he wants Bledsoe to fail so he can say I told you so.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Of course he has a vandetta.
Just like log with Lindell. :cynic:

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Drew gets zero blame for the loss, IMO.

DraftBoy
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
nobody gets 0 blame

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
nobody gets 0 blame
Give me a break.

NC-BILLS44
09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Wys's whole being is predicated on bashing Bledsoe and showing that he's the only one smart enough to see it. He will always find something wrong in Drew's game. Otherwise, Wys would be wrong and that just can't happen. How else was he able to get his own column and radio show. It's his "Thing".

He is to Drew what Rush Limbaugh is to the Democrats (Bill Clinton). Without one, the other would be a nobody.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Playcalling was bad? That's news to me. All off season all everyone said was we better run the ball, well guess what we did. 40 plus times, we actually threw it less than we ran it. There were a few dumb play calls, but the majority was great on offense, defense, however is another story.

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Playcalling was bad? That's news to me. All off season all everyone said was we better run the ball, well guess what we did. 40 plus times, we actually threw it less than we ran it. There were a few dumb play calls, but the majority was great on offense, defense, however is another story.
What? You're not a second-guesser like everyone else? lol

Voltron
09-13-2004, 12:53 PM
I have to say I think he was quite tame on Drew compared to usual. In fact he just about complimented him on not turning the ball over at all! That is just about unheard of :up:

I agree the play calling BLEW! 1st down and goal on the 3. Play number one runs it right into the gut of the Jag d line (one of the stoutest interiors in the league) 1 yard gain. 2nd and goal on the 2 .. run the ball again ... gain of one. 3rd and goal 1 yard line ... PASS????!!!! WFT! If you just got 2 yards in 2 plays and you have to go one more yard why not either RUN or QB KEEPER!!!! :shakeno:

Ebenezer
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
(((All day, going through my braim)))

Knock it down

There was another team on the field yesterday and they did play hard also. The Bills were in position to win...The dumb play calls were the backward pass at the 50 and the pass on 3 and 1 at the 1. Otherwise the Bills did what they needed to win. Is there room for improvement? Of course.

Iehoshua
09-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Just like log with Lindell. :cynic:

Nah, Lindell is already a failure. :winkpunch

BAM
09-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I thought the playcalling was great all game except for two instances.

1.) The 3rd and Goal Bledsoe sack play.

2.) Not trying the 50 yard FG (which I can't really blame them too much, but I still would've tried it)

Other than that I thought we played a good conservative type running game, as advertised.

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM

2.) Not trying the 50 yard FG (which I can't really blame them too much, but I still would've tried it)

Other than that I thought we played a good conservative type running game, as advertised.
Nobody blamed the OL for Drew getting sacked?

Voltron
09-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Drew had plenty of time on that one, he admitted himself that he was at fault for it but he said he decided to take the sack rather than try to force a play and risk turning the ball over.

justasportsfan
09-14-2004, 09:37 AM
My problem wasn't that the calls were bad. When and where to run or throw was the problem.

Our passing game was too conservative when we decided to throw. How is it that we aren't a potent passing team when the we are running well.....with Drew ,Moulds, Reed and Evans as our weapons? We burnt the Jags last year when they stacked the line w/ 8 players and we weren't even running as well then compared to last Sunday. Even Shaw caught a long ball last year for a TD.

I think Mularkey was too worried about not looking bad in his first game that they were making safe calls when it came to passing. Even the trick plays were not really designed to gain a lot of yards.

Hemlepp53
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
I think Mularkey was too worried about not looking bad in his first game that they were making safe calls when it came to passing. Even the trick plays were not really designed to gain a lot of yards.

This is what I think limited us a bit more than a Veteran Coach would have. Mularkey was in the First Game Spotlight.. On ESPN or every highlight show they open the segament with .. this season we have 3 rookie coaches BLAH BLAH BLAH.. so he was trying to conserve Image... I'm sure he will earn that Critizim will come reguardless the coach and his record. Times Now.. The Season Is New... Lets GEt It Started On The Right Foot... Drew Looked Good From wHat I Saw.... The Sack he took was justified being he didnt want a turn over. Overall we looked good .. jsut a few fu** ups but the season is YOUNG and they can be worked out

G. Host
09-14-2004, 11:28 AM

A missed 50 yard FG would put the Jaguars in excellent scoring position - bad idea!

I would rather have seen Moorman run it though on punt

BAM
09-14-2004, 11:30 AM

From what I saw, Shelton was open and he had plenty of time to get the pass off to him...

ShadowHawk7
09-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Bledsoe certainly didn't lose the game for us, be he certainly didn't win it either. Solid preformance though.

helmetguy
09-14-2004, 04:34 PM
I could care less what Wys has to say. As much as he continues to say "I told you so about Bledsoe," he never admitted that he was mistaken about several other players he panned. Instead of sticking around and sucking it up, he chose to go where he felt more "appreciated." I'm just glad that we don't have his poorly written screed cluttering this board. Personally, I think his writing is a waste of time and bandwidth.

The Bills lost as a team Sunday. Life goes on. Why waste time looking for scapegoats?

Wraith
09-14-2004, 05:04 PM
From what I saw, Shelton was open and he had plenty of time to get the pass off to him...

Shelton had a linebacker covering him not two yards behind him. There is photographical evidence of this around here somewhere. Maybe Drew could've really gunned it in the small opening had he not had two defensive lineman bearing down on him, but he would've had to lob it over those lineman and that probably would've been picked off. I can't fault him for that one.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2004, 05:08 PM
I could care less what Wys has to say. As much as he continues to say "I told you so about Bledsoe," he never admitted that he was mistaken about several other players he panned. Instead of sticking around and sucking it up, he chose to go where he felt more "appreciated." I'm just glad that we don't have his poorly written screed cluttering this board. Personally, I think his writing is a waste of time and bandwidth.

The Bills lost as a team Sunday. Life goes on. Why waste time looking for scapegoats?

Tell us how you really feel.

Honestly Helmet WYS left because he accepted defeat at the hands of the Ostrich club.

Dozerdog
09-14-2004, 05:14 PM

3) The reverse. Last year we would kill our momentum on positive drives with trick plays that backfired (Henry's goal line interception vs Miami, Fake punt with the lead vs Jags) and we were moving the ball well before that reverse try.

4) The fumble off the "lateral"- We ran that same formation/play just a few plays earlier on 3rd and 10- but we handed off to Henry on a draw that gained 13 yards. When the receivers lined up the same way later in the drive, the CB pounced on it. Maybe not a terrible play, but the timing was poor.

I said this last year. You pull the gadget plays out when you need a momentum swing, not when you have momentum. The worst thing that could happen is that you lose momentum if the play does not work

Dozerdog
09-14-2004, 05:22 PM

Looks like the LB is ready to pounce on that pass- could go 103 yards the other way. i'd rather eat the ball there. Actually, I'd rather run it in 2 more times.

helmetguy
09-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Excellent catch, Dozer!

The_Philster
09-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Looks like the LB is ready to pounce on that pass- could go 103 yards the other way. i'd rather eat the ball there. Actually, I'd rather run it in 2 more times.
Yeah...it would've looked a lot like the time when Kelly fired a shot to Reed at the end of the game in 96 against the Fish :ill: T-Buck was waiting for the pass and ran it back for the score.

Mr. Cynical
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Looks like the LB is ready to pounce on that pass- could go 103 yards the other way. i'd rather eat the ball there. Actually, I'd rather run it in 2 more times.Actually you need to rewind that shot about 1.5 sec to know where shelton was when Drew could have thrown it. This shot is when he is already getting sacked, so shelton is closer to that LB than he would have been 1.5 secs earlier.

In any case, it's all a moot point. If's and but's and more if's. Bottom line is that the offense scored 10 points, which won't win you games in this league. Since they have been averaging 13.8 since the NE blowout last year...and since the starting lineup is essentially the same...this was par for the course.

Think about this....the only major change on offense since last year is the coaching, yet we still scored 10 pts. Either the players suck, or TC isn't any better than KG.

:couch:

The Spaz
09-14-2004, 06:25 PM

:bf1::beers: