PDA

View Full Version : Why did we draft a speed WR #1?

FTG
09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Were'nt we told it would open up Defense and really help Bledsoe out? From watching the game yesterday is appears this staff does not even trust Drew to throw a pass over 15 yards :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
09-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Were'nt we told it would open up Defense and really help Bledsoe out? From watching the game yesterday is appears this staff does not even trust Drew to throw a pass over 15 yards :rolleyes:
IMO, we drafted Evans for 2 reasons....

1. Reed was pitiful last year...
2. Moulds counts $7.6 and $8.1 mil against the cap the next two seasons (2005 and 2006)

The Spaz
09-13-2004, 03:29 PM
It will come I'm sure of it.

FTG
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
IMO, we drafted Evans for 2 reasons....

1. Reed was pitiful last year...
2. Moulds counts $7.6 and $8.1 mil against the cap the next two seasons (2005 and 2006)

I like Evans and agree with your reasons. The point I was trying to make is WTH did we not even try and stretch the field? You can be a physical pound it out team and still go deep once in a while to at least let the D know you are not afraid to try it. I don't know if they don't trust Drew, the o-line or what.

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I would have liked for them to go deep at least once.

Ebenezer
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I like Evans and agree with your reasons. The point I was trying to make is WTH did we not even try and stretch the field? You can be a physical pound it out team and still go deep once in a while to at least let the D know you are not afraid to try it. I don't know if they don't trust Drew, the o-line or what.
it should not be this way but I am almost willing to bet it might have something to do with the lack of the OL being together, not wanting to get DB killed or sacked and wanted DB to establish himself in this new offense.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2004, 05:04 PM
it should not be this way but I am almost willing to bet it might have something to do with the lack of the OL being together, not wanting to get DB killed or sacked and wanted DB to establish himself in this new offense.
Very good points and I agree.

Problem is that this OL is never going to be very good, so I don't know how this is going to change. They want to pound it, but we just don't have the line to do that IMO. If they open it up, DB gets killed. Losing situation either way.

G. Host
09-13-2004, 05:56 PM

I think the Bills were keeping offense straight forward, see how much blitz pickup backs could do, see how much line has gelled, etc.

I would rather have we started on the road with this game plan; crowd would have been better too. :cry:

NapalmDeath
09-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Evens deserved a game ball for covering up that fumble