PDA

View Full Version : 4th quarter D

HenryRules
09-13-2004, 05:24 PM
I said it all through the offseason and I'm saying it again now. Our defense's inability to step up at the end of the game last season was not a byproduct of time of possession or anything - it's a matter of character.

Our D made Leftwich look amazing during the last 2 minutes of the game. We won the time of possession battle this time, so what's the excuse we're going to give them after this one?

Great D's step up at the end of the game ... our D showed an inability to do this last season and did so again yesterday.

Luisito23
09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
UPDATE

PATERSON'S NEW KID ON THE BLOCK WILL BE HANDPRINTING AUTOGRAPHS DURING RECESS OF HIS YET 2 BE ANNOUNCED SCHOOL DATE....
MORE INFO. 2 COME....

BillyT92679
09-13-2004, 05:51 PM
I said it all through the offseason and I'm saying it again now. Our defense's inability to step up at the end of the game last season was not a byproduct of time of possession or anything - it's a matter of character.

Our D made Leftwich look amazing during the last 2 minutes of the game. We won the time of possession battle this time, so what's the excuse we're going to give them after this one?

Great D's step up at the end of the game ... our D showed an inability to do this last season and did so again yesterday.

Great post! The TOP stat is the most telling... the Bills owned TOP and just came off of a long drive... the D wasn't tired! And, although I like Jerry Gray, going prevent when your opponent has two timeouts is silly, the Jags WANTED the clock to go as far down as possible! The yards were all that mattered to them, so they cared less if the got the middle of the field or the sideline. The O gets too much blame for losses and the D gets too much credit for wins. Both sides have positives and are flawed.