X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frez
    • Oct 2003

It's year #4 for Donahoe

It's year #4 for Tom Donahoe. I would like to ask all of you WHAT has he done for making our team better since John Bulter and Wade Phillips left the team? How much time does he need to improve us? I for one have to question Tom Donahoes evaluation of talent in requards to free agents and the draft. I think he has made more mistakes than we all know right now. I'll start by saying Bledsoe was the BIGGEST mistake of many. Do you really believe Bledsoe will win us a Superbowl? I highly doubt it. His best days are years behind him.

Gregg Williams
    Ryan Lindell
    Mike Williams (See Bryant McKinnie)
    Trey Teague
    Willis McGahee when we already have a #1 RB?
    Kris Ferris
    Mike Pucillo
    Ryan Denney

I'm just a little upset with my struggling Buffalo Bills right now and I point the finger at Mr Donahoe. I think Mr. Doanhoe is a very stubborn man and will not admit to his mistakes. 17 and 32 says it all to me!

Thoughts? Am I way off target here?
    Attached Files
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

You have a point with some of those. Adding Kris Ferris on that list is a stretch, what did he cost us?

Comment

• Frez
      • Oct 2003

Kris Ferris was a bust with the Steelers, why even bring him here?

Donahoe is 17-32 and counting.

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

He had an excellent half-day of drafting and since then has been average at best.

He's the president and must take all the blame/credit for the Bills performance.

In general, I think he has done a horrible job building our offense (which he has tried to do primarily through the draft).

We have used 1 1st or 2nd round pick on OL, while at the same time, we have used 7 of those picks (4 1sts, 3 2nds) on QB, WR, RB. Our OL sucks ... wonder why?

Comment

• Frez
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
          He had an excellent half-day of drafting and since then has been average at best.

He's the president and must take all the blame/credit for the Bills performance.

In general, I think he has done a horrible job building our offense (which he has tried to do primarily through the draft).

We have used 1 1st or 2nd round pick on OL, while at the same time, we have used 7 of those picks (4 1sts, 3 2nds) on QB, WR, RB. Our OL sucks ... wonder why?

What do you think about our QB? Can he take us to the promised land or not? It's my belief Bledsoe was a big mistake.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Frez
            What do you think about our QB? Can he take us to the promised land or not? It's my belief Bledsoe was a big mistake.
            I don't think the trade was a good one. However, if guys like Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer can be QB's for SB winning teams, I think that Bledsoe can be too.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

I think Mr. Doanhoe is a very stubborn man and will not admit to his mistakes. 17 and 32 says it all to me!

No, you are not way off target. As president and GM, TD is ultimately reponsible for the team's success and failure, just like the CEO of a company. And when the company doesn't produce, the CEO gets the axe, regardless of whether or not it was directly his fault. A 17-32 record is like having your company's stock go down close to 50%. If we do not finish 500 or above this year, his 4 year record will be something like 23-42. Not many CEO's would survive that record, and neither should TD IMO.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Mike Pucillo was a late round pick; nothing to complain about.
                Coaches decide who plays not GM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I'll wait and see what Mularkey can do. I guess since it was the first game, he and Clemens were trying to call it safe. We may not have looked great but at least we didn't suck like last year. Maybe he'll be more daring against the Raiders. I don't care if he's a rookie coach. He's got enough veteran players and vet coaches. On ethings for sure, someone like Pacells could flourish with a line-up we have. I'd be disappointed if we don't make playoffs.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Frez
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                    Mike Pucillo was a late round pick; nothing to complain about.
                    Coaches decide who plays not GM.

I disagree G baby. I think Donahoe has more say than we both know. He's not with the Steelers anymore because of his power struggles with Bill Cowher.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

It's year #4 for Tom Donahoe. I would like to ask all of you WHAT has he done for making our team better since John Bulter and Wade Phillips left the team? How much time does he need to improve us? I for one have to question Tom Donahoes evaluation of talent in requards to free agents and the draft. I think he has made more mistakes than we all know right now. I'll start by saying Bledsoe was the BIGGEST mistake of many. Do you really believe Bledsoe will win us a Superbowl? I highly doubt it. His best days are years behind him.

Gregg Williams
                      Ryan Lindell
                      Mike Williams (See Bryant McKinnie)
                      Trey Teague
                      Willis McGahee when we already have a #1 RB?
                      Kris Ferris
                      Mike Pucillo
                      Ryan Denney

I'm just a little upset with my struggling Buffalo Bills right now and I point the finger at Mr Donahoe. I think Mr. Doanhoe is a very stubborn man and will not admit to his mistakes. 17 and 32 says it all to me!

Hmmm.. Not sure how to answer this right now being the Season has jsut begun. Who knows maybe I am placing too much faith in the Coaching Staff... I do disagree with the selection of Willis McGahee.. He can become the next Superstar Runnig Back if he can gain the forum he had in the NCAA. If I'm not mistaken several Star Backs have come into the league injured from NCAA and mande huge impacts... With all draft picks we take chances.. no matter the size of the chance... Drew Bledsoe is our Prime QB Right now and I do have faith in his skill as our starter this year and I for one would like to say TD needs to focus on our O-Line... That has been a major mistake of his. Poor Selections in reguards to the O-Line... Damnit man.. I didnt want to comment on this because of the season start timing.. See what ya did to me... I need to stop now but ohhh I dont wanna... LoL.. Good Piece of reading and it did make my mind begin to stir.....
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

I disagree G baby. I think Donahoe has more say than we both know. He's not with the Steelers anymore because of his power struggles with Bill Cowher.
                        Yep.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

I thought it was a good idea at first, but after last year I don't. IMO they should have dumped him and his mult-gazillion dollar contract in the offseason. Can get the same or better performance for half the price. Playing "ok" or "not to lose" is not worth his price tag.

To HR's point, if a Rypien can win it, then Drew can too. However we don't have the same offense as the Hogs did, *especially* that line.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

The power struggles were about Cowher having more say in personnel decisions, not in who plays.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Frez
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              The power struggles were about Cowher having more say in personnel decisions, not in who plays.

Is there a difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X