PDA

View Full Version : I Was in a Murderous Rage

Jan Reimers
09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
And while I didn't harm anyone, smash anything, or injure myself, I finally realized that I have a serious problem. I need to disengage myself emotionally from Bills football.

I now understand that I have a harmful Bills addiction, and that I am in need of stringent rehabilitation.

Therefore, effective immediately, I will cease and desist from the following, at least until I am stronger.

(1) Wearing any Bills attire, particularly to home games.
(2) Yelling, screaming or drinking copious quantities of alcohol before, during or after home games.
(3) Obsessively reading about, listening to, or watching Bills news, highlights, replays, etc.
(4) Watching Bills away games on NFL Ticket.
(5) Driving my Bills golf cart around Corolla, playing ridiculous Bills tailgating songs. And
(6) Posting or even lurking here or on any other Bills site.

When I'm better, I'll be back on line. If my condition fails to improve, it's really been fun getting to know all of you.

Michael82
09-13-2004, 09:13 PM
I hate to say it...but we all are victim to the same addictiveness. It's not a bad thing, but it certainly sucks when the Bills lose, then the addiction can turn ugly. :sadwalk: :mad:

BAM
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
You aint the only one, Jan! If I wasn't so damn tired from the night before, I probably would've killed a Jaguars fan out in the parking lot.

Ok maybe not but I was still very upset :D

lordofgun
09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
(4) Watching Bills away games on NFL Ticket.
That's over the line! :mad:

finsrclowns
09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Jan, Jan, Jan allow me to be the voice of reason for you. 1-6 ARE NOT BAD THINGS. Do not give them up so freely. The only reason any of us do, or at least some of them, is marriage. If you're not already married, you have a total hall pass. If you are, remember again that 1-6 are GOOD things, although extreme excess in anything is usually to be avoided.

The reason you feel the way you do is it ain't easy to have your entire guts physically removed from your body. I know I slept about an hour last night, and I've been snapping at people all day. It's called losing a heartbreaker- nothing more nothing less. So give yourself a break and keep the faith. That's what Bills fans do.

Patti120
09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Being a Bills fan is crazy, the success of the season can truly dictate a real fans emotional state, making football season either the best or worst time of year.

It's definitely been a rough ride but I'm confident that at some point they will turn it around

finsrclowns
09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Being a Bills fan is crazy, the success of the season can truly dictate a real fans emotional state, making football season either the best or worst time of year.

It's definitely been a rough ride but I'm confident that at some point they will turn it around

You ain't lying. With me my language suffers. I caught myself today, for no particular reason, using the f word six times in a ten word sentence. It went something like " F this f'in coffee pot; f'in m'ther f'in f'er.

Michael82
09-13-2004, 09:42 PM
You ain't lying. With me my language suffers. I caught myself today, for no particular reason, using the f word six times in a ten word sentence. It went something like " F this f'in coffee pot; f'in m'ther f'in f'er.
I thought I was the only one. I wouldn't talk to anyone last night and then this morning I snapped at quite a few people. :eek:

:mad:

OpIv37
09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
The worst was when the touchdown happened- I dropped an F-bomb so loud I thik they heard it at Fed Ex Field 25 miles away and punched the wall. Fortunately I was in the basement and hit it with an open palm so I didn't damage the wall or my hand.....

SABURZFAN
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
i started a thread wishing you a happy birthday and you're gonna quit on us? :mad:

clumping platelets
09-13-2004, 11:44 PM
(6) Posting or even lurking here or on any other Bills site

This is over the line :mad:

StillLurkin
09-14-2004, 02:53 AM
when i was younger, like 13-14ish, i would get soo disgusted after a loss, i wouldn't eat or talk to anyone that day. now i just look at it as only entertainment. still doesn't mean i don't get pissed, cuz man i was pissed walking out of that stadium yesterday!!!

FTG
09-14-2004, 08:11 AM
I hear ya Jan. I think it's the way we lost this one. I'm always mad after a loss but to have is snatched away at the last second like that is to much. I've learned to temper my anger since my 3yr old son has started watching games with me. I can't have him running around swearing :D