• Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

I really wish....

...Brett Favre was our QB.

He just has everything imo...

1. Great leadership (wills the team to elevate their play)
    2. Great attitude (truly loves and respects the game, and has fun)
    3. Has earned the respect of his teammates (they want to play hard for him)
    4. CANNON for an arm (he makes throws that literally smoke)
    5. Can improvise and make great plays (great instincts)

He is truly a joy to watch.

I really hope JP can come close when the time comes.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
    ...Brett Favre was our QB.

He just has everything imo...

1. Great leadership (wills the team to elevate their play)
    2. Great attitude (truly loves and respects the game, and has fun)
    3. Has earned the respect of his teammates (they want to play hard for him)
    4. CANNON for an arm (he makes throws that literally smoke)
    5. Can improvise and make great plays (great instincts)

He is truly a joy to watch.

I really hope JP can come close when the time comes.
    we had out Brett Favre...his name was Jim Kelly...Larry Felser said that it would be a long time before another "Kelly" played in Buffalo...the folks in GB will say the same about Favre...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• User Manuel
      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
      • Nov 2003

Call me old-fashioned, but I think watching a pure passer and gamer like Favre is far better than watching Mannings c r a p at the line and watching guys like Vick and the other mobile QBS.

I miss the good ole days of the guy that made the gutsy throw and LEAD his team instead of "just staying within the gameplan" and "distributing the ball"

Comment

• User Manuel
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        we had out Brett Favre...his name was Jim Kelly...Larry Felser said that it would be a long time before another "Kelly" played in Buffalo...the folks in GB will say the same about Favre...
        agreed

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Lawesome97
          I miss the good ole days of the guy that made the gutsy throw and LEAD his team instead of "just staying within the gameplan" and "distributing the ball"
          I hear ya.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Lawesome97
            Call me old-fashioned, but I think watching a pure passer and gamer like Favre is far better than watching Mannings c r a p at the line and watching guys like Vick and the other mobile QBS.

the game matures; every qb is a product of a system, peyton manning calls his own play everytime at the line, how is it that not impressive
            the dude abides

Comment

• User Manuel
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
              the game matures; every qb is a product of a system, peyton manning calls his own play everytime at the line, how is it that not impressive
              I hear ya, maybe it is just the way he goes about it. I recognize his ability, but he is just missing something, at least for me.

It seems theatrical, I think that is the best way to term it. Maybe thats why he rubs me wrong.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                Very true. The only exception is SF with Montana and Young. But that's ridiculously lucky. I can't think of any other team that had 2 HoF QBs from one era to the next without missing a beat in between.

In any case, outside of a few Bills players, it will be the saddest day (football wise) for me when Favre retires. He embodies everything great about the game.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I wouldn't call Favre a pure passer...he's pretty mobile. He just knows the best times to use his mobility
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

If you were a Packers fan you'd always have the confidence everytime Farve drops back to pass even at this stage of his carreer. I hope we get back that confidence back w/ Drew just like the first half of 2002. Right now all we're doing is throwing sideways for 5-10 yds.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      If you were a Packers fan you'd always have the confidence everytime Farve drops back to pass even at this stage of his carreer. I hope we get back that confidence back w/ Drew just like the first half of 2002. Right now all we're doing is throwing sideways for 5-10 yds.
                      I don't think Pats fans ever had that level of confidence in Drew compared to what the pack fans have for Brett. Drew has never been that kind of great leader who wills teams to win or carries a team on its back when needed.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Few QBs are like that...it's stupid to expect it
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

Favre is fun to watch, what a damn cannon he has. I also will be sad when he retires. He is a good one. The last of the older awesome ones to watch, (Young, Kelly, Aikman, Montana)

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            Favre is fun to watch, what a damn cannon he has. I also will be sad when he retires. He is a good one. The last of the older awesome ones to watch, (Young, Kelly, Aikman, Montana)
                            Manning and Brady have it. You know they'll make you pay if you don't put pressure on them. I get the same uncertainty I had w/ Rob Johnson w/ Drew . I'm not blasting Drew, he did a good job last Sunday. It's just that the dink and dunk doesn't scare anyone. Hopefully Mularkey makes Drew throw deep the next game.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                            X