PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me while I brag – NYC Bills Backers

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Most of you know I run the New York City Buffalo Bills Backers with Zoner in exile BillsNYC...

We hit 750 members last night. We've built a small army! And membership is still growing by leaps and bounds.

Sunday we had probably 400 in the bar. No way to count for sure... Packed tight. The bar owners own a bar next door, and we have the green light to take over that place too.

NYCBBB has 2 bars on complete lockdown on Sundays! It’s a sight to be seen. Loads of Bills fans in Bills gear lined up outside a NYC establishment at 11am to get a seat!

There are "civilians" who don't know it's a Bills bar, only to walk in and stare with amazement at the crowd, then a beeline for the door.

Here's where I humble up a bit. I've thought long and hard about our accomplishment. And there is no ***** way we could have done something like this for any other team. The passion that Bills fans have is unequaled, in my own humble and biased opinion!

Next post in this regard will be when we hit 1,000. Which I optimistically expect by season's end.

If anyone is ever in the big apple, let me know!

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I think that is semi-Bills related. :D

justasportsfan
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
did you tell them about Billszone?

chernobylwraiths
09-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Most of you know I run the New York City Buffalo Bills Backers with Zoner in exile BillsNYC...

We hit 750 members last night. We've built a small army! And membership is still growing by leaps and bounds.

Sunday we had probably 400 in the bar. No way to count for sure... Packed tight. The bar owners own a bar next door, and we have the green light to take over that place too.

NYCBBB has 2 bars on complete lockdown on Sundays! It’s a sight to be seen. Loads of Bills fans in Bills gear lined up outside a NYC establishment at 11am to get a seat!

There are "civilians" who don't know it's a Bills bar, only to walk in and stare with amazement at the crowd, then a beeline for the door.

Here's where I humble up a bit. I've thought long and hard about our accomplishment. And there is no ***** way we could have done something like this for any other team. The passion that Bills fans have is unequaled, in my own humble and biased opinion!

Next post in this regard will be when we hit 1,000. Which I optimistically expect by season's end.

Man, that is cool as hell. I know NYC is huge, but 750 Bills fans in a town with two NFL teams (kind of) is great.

Great work man. I would give you positive rep, but I already gave you some to make up for the negs you were getting this morning. Maybe someday I should take my family to the big city. I've never been and always kind of wanted to go. Gotta save my pennies though.

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 09:54 AM
did you tell them about Billszone?
I tell everyone I post on all the sites, which I do. We don't promote any site over others Other than BillsDaily, because Steve is a member and comes to McFadden's.

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Man, that is cool as hell. I know NYC is huge, but 750 Bills fans in a town with two NFL teams (kind of) is great.

Great work man. I would give you positive rep, but I already gave you some to make up for the negs you were getting this morning. Maybe someday I should take my family to the big city. I've never been and always kind of wanted to go. Gotta save my pennies though.
Thanks man. :up:

Hemlepp53
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM

Congrats That Is HUGE Man... Wish WE HAd SOmething Like That In South Florida...

clumping platelets
09-14-2004, 09:56 AM
:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Congrats That Is HUGE Man... Wish WE HAd SOmething Like That In South Florida...
I think there is one! How far is Ft Myers from you? This group is pretty big too:

http://www.billsbackersofsouthwestflorida.com/

Hemlepp53
09-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I think there is one! How far is Ft Myers from you? This group is pretty big too:

http://www.billsbackersofsouthwestflorida.com/

Ft. Myers is like 3 hours west of me.. I'm In teh South Plam Beach County/North Broward County Area.. Boca Raton Here... Thanks For The Warm Feeling I GOt When I Saw The Post.. Prior to reading it.. LoL

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry to get your hopes up... :D

Hemlepp53
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Sorry to get your hopes up... :D

where can I find such a group in my area... is there a site that lists all backers and you would just search for your area??? :feedback:

Bill Brasky
09-14-2004, 10:44 AM
BF1 that's awesome. I come down to the city area a lot, where are the bars you speak of?

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 10:46 AM
http://www2.buffalobills.com/fans/bills_backers2.cfm?cont_id=25715

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
BF1 that's awesome. I come down to the city area a lot, where are the bars you speak of?
On 2nd Avenue and 42nd Street. Not far from Grand Central Station.

EDS
09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
In an effort to help you reach your goal, and since I recently relocated to NYC, I will join. It will be great to actually see the Bills games.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
I'd like to be packed tight next to those twins. Were they there?

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 12:24 PM
In an effort to help you reach your goal, and since I recently relocated to NYC, I will join. It will be great to actually see the Bills games.
Nice!

Stop by our booth so I can meet ya. It's the last booth in front of the bar. Ask for Matt S. and say you're from the zone.

See you Sunday!

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 12:27 PM
I'd like to be packed tight next to those twins. Were they there?
lol. I think they were just visiting from upstate that time.

northernbillfan
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
The Northern Alberta Bills Backers has doubled in size this season, to the amazing number of TWO!!!

I am not alone anymore, I met a guy at Mo's who is a Bills fan and decided he didn't want to miss any games this year so he decided to start going to the bar. He had a cool Spikes jersey too.

There was supposed to be 2 or 3 other guys I know who were going to start amalgamating at my sports bar, but they didn't show up on Sunday.

LtBillsFan66
09-14-2004, 01:19 PM
It's a good start NBF!

Yeah, we are kind of lucky because of our location. Tons of WNYers move here...

Hemlepp53
09-14-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www2.buffalobills.com/fans/bills_backers2.cfm?cont_id=25715

Thanks alot Man.. Found Several In My Area.. None Meeting Quite Where I Would Call Fun... But Hell I'll Give IT A try!!! :peace:

pcnorth22
09-14-2004, 03:55 PM

Gotta say...its a great experience. I was at McFadden's last year for the Jags game...which at that point..we were all pretty excited about the year. It was an awesome time...had to wait until 2 AM the next morning to sober up to drive back to DC

never made it to the DC Backers before I moved...but I went to the Backers in SF this past Sunday. doesn't compare..but nonetheless a pretty good group of about 40-50 people made it out for the 10 AM start

STAMPY
09-14-2004, 05:24 PM
bf1 i'll try n get down there one of these weeks, tough with the direct tv watching every game