PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins find their QB of the future..

Gunzlingr
11-07-2002, 02:10 PM
I hope they sign this fossilized clown, what a joke! He has been out of football for, what 2 years?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1106/1456903.html

wharfrat
11-08-2002, 01:32 PM
This one is a little more accurate

Aikman - No (http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/friday/sports_d3bc24ca419000d800bc.html)

Valerie
11-08-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm glad that Troy Aikman isn't coming out of retirement. It's ridiculous that he would even consider it. Aside from the obvious health risks, he's already been to and won the Super Bowl, a few times. He doesn't need anything. He's a legend and he's a Cowboy. I'd hate to see him in anything but silver and blue. :)

Ebenezer
11-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Hello, Troy??? this is your neurologist. One more counk to the coconut and you end up with the IQ of one...still want to comeback to football?

Valerie
11-08-2002, 02:11 PM
I think Troy makes a decent broadcaster too. :)

I do have a question though, how come some players don't come back to coach? I think he'd make a good quarterback coach. Don't you think?

Ebenezer
11-08-2002, 02:15 PM
Best quote about that came from ex-Sabre Gilbert Perreault.

When Danny Gare was a rookie and Perreault in the prime of his career Gare asked Gil for some moves that would help him.

Perreault told him:

"Danny, I cannot teach you to do what I do because I do not know how I do what I do when I do it."

Often talented teachers are horrible teachers because they cannot get the message across, get frustrated because they believe that they could do it better or get frustrated because the student is not a fast learner.

Valerie
11-08-2002, 02:24 PM
So I guess that explains why so many coaches suck! They can't teach.

The_Philster
11-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I think Troy makes a decent broadcaster too. :)

I do have a question though, how come some players don't come back to coach? I think he'd make a good quarterback coach. Don't you think?

Some players see what the coaches go through and decide "That's not for me!! :D " Steve Tasker and Jim Kelly are two examples of that mindset. Tasker doesn't want to put in all those hours and Jim just can't.