X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Red Zone: The Bills Nemesis

Why does it seem that ever year we have an offense that can move the ball, then when it gets into the Redzone, it stalls and we have to settle for a FG. It's so frustrating to watch when Reese returns a pick to the 5 yard line, and all we get is 3 points out of it. A TD probably would've put the game out of reach at that point.

My question is, what can be done to improve our redzone effeciency? Obviously we can't rely on FG's to win alot of football games, but what can be done? More Passes to the TE's? Go with a Jumbo backfield? That's all good inside the 10, but the problem is more than that. When a team gets inside the 20, it should be feared. We need to find a way to get Travis, Willis or Moulds the ball down there. I don't know, I'm just sick of year after year watching a field goal fest every week.
  • Hemlepp53
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    Why does it seem that ever year we have an offense that can move the ball, then when it gets into the Redzone, it stalls and we have to settle for a FG. It's so frustrating to watch when Reese returns a pick to the 5 yard line, and all we get is 3 points out of it. A TD probably would've put the game out of reach at that point.

My question is, what can be done to improve our redzone effeciency? Obviously we can't rely on FG's to win alot of football games, but what can be done? More Passes to the TE's? Go with a Jumbo backfield? That's all good inside the 10, but the problem is more than that. When a team gets inside the 20, it should be feared. We need to find a way to get Travis, Willis or Moulds the ball down there. I don't know, I'm just sick of year after year watching a field goal fest every week.
    Agreed it is fustrating and should be addressed... The season is young and we have a new Offensive HC so lets see what he can come up with.. Lets hope we arentthe only ones who see this as a situation that should of been fixed 3 seasons ago... we have the weapons to be feared on any point of the field its just a matter of getting everyone on the same page....
    @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
    X