• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

McGinest fined for Bledsoe hit

This just in:

Wiilie McGinest has received word from the league that he will be fined for the hit on Bledsoe. No announcement on how much, as the league waits until Thursday on the amounts of fines.

"I think it was a weak call, but that's what happens," McGinest said. "You gotta play with it. Gotta deal with it."

Full story
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

i think it was a boarderline call, no way IMO should their be a fine too...
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

WetCoastFin didn't think it was a cheap hit.

He was right in 1 way, McGinest will now be paying for it.

Comment

• WCoastFin
        I have the arms of a new born baby!
        • Jul 2002

see, now thats BS!
        We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

If you go over the speed limit, you get a ticket. He should just follow the rules & shut up about it. Just because you disagree with laws or rules, doesn't mean you can deliberately break them. Personally, I'm GLAD he got fined. I hope it's enough to make him think twice about his defiance next time.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• blcny
            • Jul 2002

That's BS. It was a good hit if you ask me. Bledsoe still had the ball in his hands. Let's not forget this is football, the point is to tackle the guy with the ball. It's a contact sport!
            LET"S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

no way should he get fined for it, it cost his team 15 yards, isn't that enough?

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Are we all talking about the same hit here? That wasn't football related, that was something you do in karate!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

At the point he picked Bledsoe up and drove him to the ground is where the fine came in. He needs to excercise better control there he could have brought him down without picking him up and driving him into the ground. As far as the QB's go I am totally in favor of making the calls in their favor in these situations. Some of the calls against DB in coverage in the past few weeks have been very questionable though. I understand something needs to be done to prevent a serious injury. In fact, I think they are doing this so if there is a serious injury their ass is covered. However, defenders need to be allowed to defend.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

A year ago that would not have drawn a fine. If we express opinions based on the past we will often be at odds with the officials. The league is cracking down big time not only on late hits, but on hits deemed to be too violent, at least when it comes to QBs. Grant Irons tackled a guy a game or two back (Harrington?) and I was very surprised he did not draw a penalty or a fine as, far as I know.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

Drew was resisting. That much was clear. If a QB resists, then the defender's going to, and has the right to do whatever it takes to bring him down. It's not like he was going down and then he threw him down in spite of it. If you look at the replay, he had Drew wrapped up, there was no whistle, and Drew was resisting. If the refs had blown the whistle or Drew was in the process of going down, then it would have been different.

I would expect every one of our players to do the same.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

Dirty hit. Good call. Fine the bastard.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

I suppose. It didn't seem intentional from the perspective of trying to hurt Drew by slamming him down. McG also knows Drew and I'm sure respects him enough such that he wouldn't do that. McG is a relatively classly player who doesn't resort to filthy tactics.

Penalty, sketchy. Fine, definitely not.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

He picked him up and slammed him. It was intent to injure.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

i agree with Wys, a fine in that situation is crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X