PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Front Page

justasportsfan
09-14-2004, 02:36 PM
It's got MM picture and the caption says

" This week's TMQ: Griffin on the run, Vanderjagt's streak done and Mularkey's no fun."

http://nfl.com/

Pride
09-14-2004, 02:40 PM
In the article

Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed At All No. 2

Last year I wrote so many times about Buffalo shooting itself in the foot by passing on short-yardage or goal-to-go situations -- here's the last of the five 2003 columns to note Bills' fiascos caused by passing when only a yard was required -- that finally I said, "At this point Tuesday Morning Quarterback has written so many items about the Bills bringing defeat upon themselves by going pass-wacky on shortage-yardage downs that I might as well enter a generic Buffalo short-yardage-fiasco item into my AutoText." And, in fact, I just reproduced that block of words from my AutoText.

Nonetheless, for the record, it's Buffalo 7 and Jacksonville 6 early in the fourth quarter, Bills facing third and goal on the Jax 1. Run, and there's a 58 percent chance of a touchdown: That's an actual figure for third-and-goal rushes from the 1 in the NFL in 2003. Throw, and there's a 46 percent chance of a touchdown: That's an actual figure for third-and-goal passes from the 1 in the NFL in 2003. Plus, a run that gains even a little sets up fourth-and-inches for a touchdown, while a pass is unlikely to have that result. Plus, the closer you get to the goal line the harder it is to throw, since the defense has steadily less territory to defend. So did the Bills learn anything from constant 2003 short-yardage passing fiascos? Drew Bledsoe sprints backwards 10 yards -- they're one yard from paydirt, and Bledsoe is sprinting backwards. Sack ... field goal on the next down. Instead of being ahead eight, the Bills are ahead four and lose when the Jaguars complete their improbable clock-expires touchdown drive.

justasportsfan
09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
http://nfl.com/news/story/7674619

Leftwich could grow from clutch win

"It's called, 'Catch it,' " Leftwich said with a smile. "When a guy is 6-4 and the guy covering him is 5-10, he's open. (Wilford) can jump out of the gym. He's a basketball player playing football."

Kolbiss
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
http://nfl.com/news/story/7674619

Leftwich could grow from clutch win

"It's called, 'Catch it,' " Leftwich said with a smile. "When a guy is 6-4 and the guy covering him is 5-10, he's open. (Wilford) can jump out of the gym. He's a basketball player playing football."

I now hate Leftwich and the Jags, and dont get me started with Jack Del Rio!!! :mad:

Bill Brasky
09-14-2004, 02:46 PM
There is huge monetary pressure on corners to get INTs -- Clements is coming up on his contract year and each interception he records will add large sums of money to whatever deal he is offered. Last December, Clements' name received Pro Bowl consideration. If he receives Pro Bowl consideration again this December, voters should bear in mind that Clements placed his own stats over victory for his team.

OUCH!

BAM
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
:yap: