PDA

View Full Version : BIG MONEY LEAGUE Week One Recap

lordofgun
09-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Cynical has a Cow<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
The Fascist Cows 104<o:p></o:p>
The Cynical Ones 100<o:p></o:p>

Late Sunday afternoon, the Cows enjoyed a 110-100 lead. Then the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> offense started scoring on the Cows’ Vikings D. Before long, the Cows had fallen behind and all players had finished….except a former Buffalo Bill. Peerless Price scored 7 points near the end of his game, and it was just enough to hand Cynical a crushing defeat. <o:p></o:p>

Hero: Though Cynical’s Curtis Martin scored an outstanding 32 points, he was outscored by the Cows’ Shaun Alexander with 35 points.<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Cynical - Plaxico “pile of worthless crap” Burress – 1 point<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Both teams scored a lot of points, but one had to come out on top. As is the case with each match up to follow, one team leads their division while the other is in the cellar.<o:p></o:p>

Mikey82 136<o:p></o:p>
******ed <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids 52<o:p></o:p>

You know it’s a good day when Priest Holmes scores 34 for your fantasy team, but isn’t the high-scorer. Holmes and McNabb, who shone with 39 pts., led the scoring for this week’s high scoring team. Rack up $5 for Mikey. The <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids picked up right where they left off last year. They had a pathetic game by just about everyone as no one scored more than eleven points. Ouch. Someone’s got to be worse than the Mean Sharks<o:p></o:p>

Hero: McNabb<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Take your pick from just about any <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloid. I’ll go with Trent Green, who scored a miserable four.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: The <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids look to have a solid base with Marvin Harrison, Trent Green, and Rudi Johnson leading the way, but their depth is shaky.<o:p></o:p>

Tatonka’s Tenacious D 117
yle 29<o:p></o:p>

Speaking of pain… In the biggest blowout in league history, the defending-champs toasted yle thanks to Quentin Griffin, who had a monster game of 32 points and cemented himself as the unquestioned starter in <st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City>. Sleeper Carson Palmer had an impressive day for Tatonka as well. What a sad day it was for yle. Their high scorer was Hines Ward with 9. Second was Deuce McAllister with 5. Painful.<o:p></o:p>

Hero:<st1:City><st1:place>Griffin</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>

Goat: The entire team yle<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: If Chris Brown can stay healthy, Tatonka looks to be one of the better teams in the league again. Thanks for the donation, yle.<o:p></o:p>

The Dingleberrys 125
LOG’s Mean Sharks 77

Oh boy…not again. Thankfully the Sharks have a better team than they did last year. Too bad only Ahman Green showed up this week. Thurm’s Dingleberrys benefited from an even better than expected 42 points and five TDs from Daunte Culpepper.<o:p></o:p>

Hero: Culpepper<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Mean Sharks - Brandon Lloyd – 2pts.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: For now, The Dingleberrys have a strong Viking Combo in Culpepper and Onterrio Smith. They look tough. The Mean Sharks should be ok if they can find a suitable replacement for Steve Smith.<o:p></o:p>

Pathological Liars 81
BAM's Shirtz 85<o:p></o:p>

The Liars have a penchant for being in close games, and the first game of 2004 proved it. WRs killed the Liars as Santana <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ss and Koren Robinson combined for only eight points. Terrell Owens and Clinton Portis lived up to their billing as they pounded the Liars with 24 and 23 points respectively.<o:p></o:p>

Hero: TO<o:p></o:p>

Goat: KROB – 3pts<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Both teams appear to be solid in this well-balanced league. Hal’s Liars can expect better days ahead.<o:p></o:p>

Kardshark 84
Clump's Chumps 60<o:p></o:p>

Chad Pennington and the Redskins D each scored 20 for Kardshark. Edgerrin James and Aaron Brooks each scored 13 for the Chumps. Advantage Kardshark. It was an ugly game for the clumps as only three starters finished in double-digits. Actually, only three Kardshark players finished in double digits as well, it’s just that they were higher digits. Dizzy yet?<o:p></o:p>

Hero:Pennington<o:p></o:p>

Goat: 6 points from Clump’s Fred Taylor is unacceptable even against a stingy Bills D.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Too early to say for sure, but both teams have decent cores.

Ebenezer
09-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Cynical has a Cow<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The Fascist Cows 104<o:p></o:p>
The Cynical Ones 100<o:p></o:p>

Late Sunday afternoon, the Cows enjoyed a 110-100 lead. Then the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> offense started scoring on the Cows’ Vikings D. Before long, the Cows had fallen behind and all players had finished….except a former Buffalo Bill. Peerless Price scored 7 points near the end of his game, and it was just enough to hand Cynical a crushing defeat. <o:p></o:p>

Hero: Though Cynical’s Curtis Martin scored an outstanding 32 points, he was outscored by the Cows’ Shaun Alexander with 35 points.<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Cynical - Plaxico “pile of worthless crap” Burress – 1 point<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Both teams scored a lot of points, but one had to come out on top. As is the case with each match up to follow, one team leads their division while the other is in the cellar.<o:p></o:p>

Mikey82 136<o:p></o:p>
******ed <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids 52<o:p></o:p>

You know it’s a good day when Priest Holmes scores 34 for your fantasy team, but isn’t the high-scorer. Holmes and McNabb, who shone with 39 pts., led the scoring for this week’s high scoring team. Rack up $5 for Mikey. The <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids picked up right where they left off last year. They had a pathetic game by just about everyone as no one scored more than eleven points. Ouch. Someone’s got to be worse than the Mean Sharks<o:p></o:p>

Hero: McNabb<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Take your pick from just about any <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloid. I’ll go with Trent Green, who scored a miserable four.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: The <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ngoloids look to have a solid base with Marvin Harrison, Trent Green, and Rudi Johnson leading the way, but their depth is shaky.<o:p></o:p>

Tatonka’s Tenacious D 117
yle 29<o:p></o:p>

Speaking of pain… In the biggest blowout in league history, the defending-champs toasted yle thanks to Quentin Griffin, who had a monster game of 32 points and cemented himself as the unquestioned starter in <st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City>. Sleeper Carson Palmer had an impressive day for Tatonka as well. What a sad day it was for yle. Their high scorer was Hines Ward with 9. Second was Deuce McAllister with 5. Painful.<o:p></o:p>

Hero:<st1:City><st1:place>Griffin</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>

Goat: The entire team yle<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: If Chris Brown can stay healthy, Tatonka looks to be one of the better teams in the league again. Thanks for the donation, yle.<o:p></o:p>

The Dingleberrys 125
LOG’s Mean Sharks 77

Oh boy…not again. Thankfully the Sharks have a better team than they did last year. Too bad only Ahman Green showed up this week. Thurm’s Dingleberrys benefited from an even better than expected 42 points and five TDs from Daunte Culpepper.<o:p></o:p>

Hero: Culpepper<o:p></o:p>

Goat: Mean Sharks - Brandon Lloyd – 2pts.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: For now, The Dingleberrys have a strong Viking Combo in Culpepper and Onterrio Smith. They look tough. The Mean Sharks should be ok if they can find a suitable replacement for Steve Smith.<o:p></o:p>

Pathological Liars 81
BAM's Shirtz 85<o:p></o:p>

The Liars have a penchant for being in close games, and the first game of 2004 proved it. WRs killed the Liars as Santana <st1:PersonName>Mo</st1:PersonName>ss and Koren Robinson combined for only eight points. Terrell Owens and Clinton Portis lived up to their billing as they pounded the Liars with 24 and 23 points respectively.<o:p></o:p>

Hero: TO<o:p></o:p>

Goat: KROB – 3pts<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Both teams appear to be solid in this well-balanced league. Hal’s Liars can expect better days ahead.<o:p></o:p>

Kardshark 84
Clump's Chumps 60<o:p></o:p>

Chad Pennington and the Redskins D each scored 20 for Kardshark. Edgerrin James and Aaron Brooks each scored 13 for the Chumps. Advantage Kardshark. It was an ugly game for the clumps as only three starters finished in double-digits. Actually, only three Kardshark players finished in double digits as well, it’s just that they were higher digits. Dizzy yet?<o:p></o:p>

Hero:Pennington<o:p></o:p>

Goat: 6 points from Clump’s Fred Taylor is unacceptable even against a stingy Bills D.<o:p></o:p>

Outlook: Too early to say for sure, but both teams have decent cores.
Damn, Clump had as good a weekend as I did...:down:

Mr. Cynical
09-14-2004, 05:55 PM
:machgun: Peerless

BAM
09-14-2004, 09:20 PM
LOL Nice LOG did you make this stuff up?

Pretty cool :up:

clumping platelets
09-15-2004, 12:00 AM
One game does not a season make :mad:

Philagape
09-15-2004, 12:23 AM
:machgun: Peerless

I hear that's legal now :D

Michael82
09-15-2004, 11:12 AM
$5? :$:

It will be $10 next week. :pray: :$:

Tatonka
09-15-2004, 12:48 PM
nice write up..

mikey.. you got lucky that chris brown got dinged up.. or he has 200 yards and 2 tds.. which means my 5 bucks. :D

tons of big time players this week.. hopefully alot less next week.

Tatonka
09-15-2004, 12:55 PM
wow.. me and mikey.. head to head..

lets get it on.

Michael82
09-15-2004, 01:35 PM
wow.. me and mikey.. head to head..

lets get it on.
Good matchup! :up:

:shake:

Halbert
09-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah what's up with all the close games for me in this league? I wish I could look at last years schedule because I had a whole crapload of 3-5 point games while I barely hung in there for a playoff spot. My injury riddled team couldn't hold up at the end, though. I'm positive this year will be different! I hope.

Halbert
09-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Nice writeup, btw.

Tatonka
09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Good matchup! :up:

:shake:

what sucks is that half your team is on my other big league.. and half of my team in this league i am playing against in the other league..

i guess if you blow me out.. i will win the other league for sure. :D

but if i blow you out.. i will lose the other league for sure. :(

Michael82
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
what sucks is that half your team is on my other big league.. and half of my team in this league i am playing against in the other league..

i guess if you blow me out.. i will win the other league for sure. :D

but if i blow you out.. i will lose the other league for sure. :(
Which do u prefer to lose? :snicker: