R. Gannon 20/37 305 2 2

RUSHING
    ATT YDS TD LG
    T. Wheatley 11 24 0 10
    J. Fargas 7 17 0 11
    Z. Crockett 2 10 0 9
    J. Redmond 1 7 0 7
    D. Gabriel 1 3 0 3

They ran 22 X and passed 37 X. Coached by Norv Turner who has beaten our D when he was w/ Miami. They may not have a D as strong as the fins or a Ricky Williams but he does know they bills.

Thoughts?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

If they couldn't run the ball on the Steelers, they certainly can't run it on us.

Comment

• mush69
      • Jan 2003

We will need to get some pressure on Gannon and get him out of the pocket. He isn't the best at throwing on the run, and 1 good hit could put him outta the game. Then what do they have Collins, he is still complaining that he was released from the Giants.

I'm not really worried about the running game I think we have the personel to stop them.

On the offensive side of the ball we will need our O-line to step up and contain Sapp and Ted. Got to get the ball to the outside and exploit the weak D-backs that the Raiders have! If Bledsoe has time and we hang on to the ball, we could have an excellent week for scoring, which we haven't done in quite sometime now!
      Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Let's talk about how Lindell's going to lose this game too.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Icer
          • Aug 2004

Wheatley sucks, they'd be better off making Fargas the feature back.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I agree that the Raiders will have difficulty running on us...

I see them attacking us in the air, on both long and short routes and combo routes.

We seem to have a good handle on the short game..our linebackers are all fine pass defenders.

I am worried about long passes as I think our secondary is very average.
            I hope the Raiders can't get matchups with Fletcher having to cover a speedy wr on a long route...if it happens, we are in trouble because we can't score points.
            The Raiders have 5 legitimate big play receivers and Gannon is still good enough to pick us apart....let's hope that the secondary brings their A game because if they slip up at all, we will have very little chance of winning.

My match up analysis:

Oakland Offense vs. Bills Offense: Advantage Oakland

Oakland Defense vs. Bills Defense: Advantage Buffalo

Special teams: Advantage Oakland (largely because of Lindell)

Coaching: Tie---neither team has a coach that will win the game for them yet...and both have the potential to lose the game for their team.

To me, given the weak Buffalo offense, I just can't see us winning in Oakland.....
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Are we in trouble if the Raider fans start the wave?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                I am worried about long passes as I think our secondary is very average.
                I hope the Raiders can't get matchups with Fletcher having to cover a speedy wr on a long route...if it happens, we are in trouble because we can't score points.
                The Raiders have 5 legitimate big play receivers and Gannon is still good enough to pick us apart....let's hope that the secondary brings their A game because if they slip up at all, we will have very little chance of winning.

My match up analysis:

Oakland Offense vs. Bills Offense: Advantage Oakland

Oakland Defense vs. Bills Defense: Advantage Buffalo

Coaching: Tie---neither team has a coach that will win the game for them yet...and both have the potential to lose the game for their team.
                Our secondary is very average? Are you kidding me? Who in the NFL has a great secondary then? I'd say we have a top 5 secondary. Clements played an excellent game except for one play, Vincent impressed me more than I thought he would, Milloy is very solid, while he won't get us many picks, and Reese is a good FS that can tackle decently, and can cover good. And now he has a awesome pick on his belt, lets hope he can keep it up.
                Also, who are their 5 playmaker WRs? Gabriel, and Porter, and............. uh, Gabriel and Porter.

Oakland Offense vs. Bills Offense: Without a semblence of a Raider's running game, I'll say push, if we can keep mistakes to a minimum.

Oakland Defense vs. Bills Defense: Bills

Bills Defense vs. Oakland Offense: Bills should be able to shut both run and pass down.

Bills Offense vs. Oakland defense: Henry will have a tough time inside, but should get good yards on finesse run plays. McGahee should play well, against this style of D. Pass game should be effiecent, like last week, hopefully we'll throw up a bomb once in awhile.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Good Post Hawk

The reason our Secondary is average now is because of Milloy being out and Wire Starting.. Before LM was injured this was ranked as one of the NFL's best units.

Reese is going to surprise many and end up being one of our most consistent Defensive players.. He's a Veteran and he UNDERSTANDS the FS position.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Yes I am over the loss. I think this week is a must win for us.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lordofgun

LoL.. Man oh Man... Lets Not Talk About That Crap.. Cant We Bench Him And Let Thunderfoot do all the Kicking
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

I HAVE to get over it because the post mortems on the Jags game have gotten really old. Yeah it was a hard kick in the crotch but I've got my cup on now and I'm ready to suit up for da Raiders! Tough place to win but truly if we run basically the same game plan as last week, add a few longer passes and cut back on the miscues by the receivers, we can slip out of there with a W. Maybe on the last play of the game.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

I for one do not see the Raiders running the ball on us effectivly. Our D Line is too tought and designed for such.. The Passing game will be disrupted once the Defense gets Gannon on the go and out of his game plan. Pressure on the Raider Offense is key in this game. Our only true weakspot is our Kicking game with Lindell. We need to stick to our preseason claim to run the ball and open up the passing lanes. Both runningbacks should get a good ammount of time Sunday and with that said Drew should be able to hit Evans and Moulds for nice gains. Just my view on things..
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

Now, don't go Wys on us here!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                              Our secondary is very average? Are you kidding me? Who in the NFL has a great secondary then? I'd say we have a top 5 secondary. Clements played an excellent game except for one play, Vincent impressed me more than I thought he would, Milloy is very solid, while he won't get us many picks, and Reese is a good FS that can tackle decently, and can cover good. And now he has a awesome pick on his belt, lets hope he can keep it up.
                              Also, who are their 5 playmaker WRs? Gabriel, and Porter, and............. uh, Gabriel and Porter.

Oakland Offense vs. Bills Offense: Without a semblence of a Raider's running game, I'll say push, if we can keep mistakes to a minimum.

Bills Defense vs. Oakland Offense: Bills should be able to shut both run and pass down.

Bills Offense vs. Oakland defense: Henry will have a tough time inside, but should get good yards on finesse run plays. McGahee should play well, against this style of D. Pass game should be effiecent, like last week, hopefully we'll throw up a bomb once in awhile.
                              Well, first off....our secondary is average, not weak or inferior....average.
                              Clements is NOT a shutdown corner nor an elite CB. He is above average, sure...but tell me what he has done in the NFL to make you say he is great.
                              Vincent WAS great...he is still good....he is not in the top 15 CBs in this league, sorry. Reese is solid, not spectacular...and has yet to prove (I think he will though) that he can bring it game in and game out. Milloy is our star...and without him in there, we are very average.
                              WITH HIM we are above average and you could make a solid argument for top 5 (maybe even top 3).
                              OAKLAND has a great secondary too..
                              Second, Oakland's 5 playmaker WRS are Rice (still a playmaker after all these years) Ronald Curry (watch this guys routes and hands) Jerry Porter (has all the tools) Doug Gabriel (young stud, one to watch) and Carlos Francis (young guy who is a burner!)
                              Hey...just cause you don't know the names doesn't mean they aren't good players....how many people have ever heard of Sam Aiken nationwide?

Third--I doubt we can run on the Raiders up the middle.
                              Mount Washington and Fat Sapp are tough tackles, and I don't think
                              our o-line can neutralize them consistently at this point in the season.
                              I think we will be better off running McGahee outside...but we'll see.

Fourth....don't overlook the Raiders running game....while they are not great...they do have some talent and their oline is not any worse than ours....their running game won't beat us straight up, but if we play heavy against the pass they could make us pay.
                              I can see us shutting down the run, but we won't be shutting down the pass....
                              And finally....Henry on finesse plays??? Wrong guy I am afraid...
                              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X