• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

LOOKING AHEAD TO OAKLAND

let's quit our bellyaching about the last game and look ahead to oakland.

i think we have to be weary of r.gannon.he's a veteran who can hurt us.the Raiders defense looks a little tougher than last year.this isn't going to be an easy game with the fans,etc....

let's hear your thoughts...........
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Oakland will be tough to run against with Sapp & Ted Washington clogging the middle. Charles Woodson against Moulds will be a good match-up. Reed and Evans will need to step up this week.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think running the ball should be easier with them playing a 3-4 Im more concerned with our passing game they got a good DBfield
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
        • Feb 2003

does anyone know if roberty gallery got officially moved to guard, or is he still at tackle? i know they tried him on guard a little bit in the preseason.
        N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We're gonna crush those silver and black freaks.

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
            does anyone know if roberty gallery got officially moved to guard, or is he still at tackle? i know they tried him on guard a little bit in the preseason.
            He's listed as the backup to Middleton at guard.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

Whos going to catch the ball when Moulds gets shut down by Woodson?
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                Who says that's happening?
                Last edited by The Spaz; 09-15-2004, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                  Or Woodson makes Moulds fumble twice.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I looked pretty closely at last week's stats. Things I noted: Duce Staley had a fairly productive day rushing for 91 yards, just barely under 4 yards per carry. Hines Ward had a pretty good day at WR too, 99 yards on 7 receptions. Maddox completed just a hair under 60 % of his passes.

Now Staley and Hines Ward have always been consistent players. They are both tough players, but neither is considered an elite player. Staley is pretty strong, but has never been explosive. Hines Ward does a lot of things well, including blocking, but I don't think many would mistake him for the kind of impact player we believe we have in Eric Moulds.

I think Buffalo has better players at skill positions than Pittsburgh, with the possible exception of Bledsoe. However Tommy Maddox is no John Elway. If Bledsoe does get rehabbed successfully, he is more talented. I think Buffalo's offensive line is better than some give it credit for being. That all being the case, I don't believe that Oakland is going to shut down anything. Moulds is going to get his receptions and Henry/McGahee are going to get their yards on the ground. I can't believe that Ted Washington is as effective at 36 as he was even a few years ago.

Rich Gannon did play well against Pittsburgh, and I think he's going to be the toughest part of the Oakland team to control. Oakland's running backs totaled only 61 yards on the ground, under 3 yards per carry. Gannon completed a lot of passes, however, and he threw to eleven different receivers. Only one receiver, Jerry Porter caught as many as 4. Buffalo's DBs can't just concentrate on taking one player out of the game. Gannon will spread it around.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

I agree with you mostly, but Hines is definitly one of the elite WRs in the NFL. Way underrated IMO. Just cause he's not flashy, like TO, or Moss, doesn't mean he's a great WR.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
                        He played both RT and LG last week.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I think McGahee will get a lot more carries than in week 1..we can't run up the middle at Mt. Washington and Sapp and we'll need to get around the corner for the running game. As much as I love TH, McGahee's got better outside speed.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

Should be another close one. I see the Bills winning much like the Jaguars did on Sunday.

With 37 seconds left it's 13-10 Raiders in the 4th and the Bills are on the Oakland 29 (4th and 2.) Mularkey has no confidence in Lindell so they throw a screen to Moulds and he breaks it for a TD.

17-13 Bills

Byrd.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              I think McGahee will get a lot more carries than in week 1..we can't run up the middle at Mt. Washington and Sapp and we'll need to get around the corner for the running game. As much as I love TH, McGahee's got better outside speed.
                              Interestingly, Duce Staley is hardly known as a speed back. Couchscout.com lists him as running a 4.5 40. Take that with a grain of salt, but from his days at Philadelphia he was a straight ahead runner who took what the O-line opened up. He was neither quick nor shifty.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X