PDA

View Full Version : Very Encouraged So Far

LABillzFan
09-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Forgive me for coming in on the tail end of the week with these thoughts, but wanted to guage the thought process on this board.

I've spent the past three years on another Bills Board, but they apparently have no problem allowing Pats fans to repeatedly post on the board about why our quarterback sucks, why our team sucks, and why their team is great. I think that's a bunch of crap, so it it's all the same, I wouldn't mind hanging out here to discuss the Bills provided you guys tend to take a firmer stand against Patsy trolls. (I don't mind opposing team fans. I just hate when they are allowed to repeat themselves all day, every day...particularly after a difficult loss like last Sunday's).

That said, I'm not sure the temperament of the board, but I was very encouraged by what I saw last Sunday. The problems of old do not seem to have carried over to this year. Bledsoe had a quicker release. We managed to get over 100 yards on the ground against an outstanding run defense, and if you take Villarial's ridiculous holding penalty out of the equation, we have a W instead of an L.

We ended up with the number 2 defense in the league...number one in the AFC. The ten points we got were from turnovers, and I'm a huge proponent of points off of turnovers.

Bottom line: this is not last year's team, and while the loss was heart-wrenching in terms of how it occurred, I saw more good than bad.

What say ye?

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
I agree. It wasn't a disaster. Whatever went wrong is fixable, besides Lindell, who's on my **** list right now. I know it's clicheish, but I want to see how they rebound from the loss. I have faith in Mularkey and the rest of the coaching staff.

Welcome to the zone. I'm sure you've seen me "there" before.

carybillsfan
09-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I agree, the defense looked great and finally causing some turnovers deep in the opponents zone will halp our offense. The o-line was pretty solid and will probably grow together as time goes on. Our offense is way ahead of what I expected, usually under a new scheme wr's run the wrong routes, qb's look hesistant, but I didn't see any of that. Although the playbook seemed pretty simple I'm MM will be much more creative this week.

G. Host
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I've spent the past three years on another Bills Board, but they apparently have no problem allowing Pats fans to repeatedly post on the board about why our quarterback sucks, why our team sucks, and why their team is great.

We ended up with the number 2 defense in the league...number one in the AFC. The ten points we got were from turnovers, and I'm a huge proponent of points off of turnovers.

Yes they do have a Patsie troll infestation problem but that is because they got a mole in their ranks. :; I pointed out some the rules to moderators and I got either my hands are tied or so what. Just so you know Fabio stories belong in The Twilight Zone (that is an actual board here) and Mods DO enforce rules. :bow:

The defense last year was overrated; like the QB rating, it is a phony number and just gives bragging rights and is useful for fantasy football adicts. As you said turnorvers were severely lacking this year and the key is for more turnovers and pressure but players not doing a 'Clements ' and going for a ricky turnover when a stop is just neeed.

Bills offense was conservative, maybe a little too conservative, but that is to be expected when they are trying to train opposing defenses to NOT sit back there and blitz constantly as it has been done for last few years.

I expect that the game plan will be different each week which will be another change which I welcome. I am hoping for more half-time adjustments this time.

LABillzFan
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I agree. It wasn't a disaster. Whatever went wrong is fixable, besides Lindell, who's on my **** list right now. I know it's clicheish, but I want to see how they rebound from the loss. I have faith in Mularkey and the rest of the coaching staff.

Welcome to the zone. I'm sure you've seen me "there" before.

The Lindell thing pissed me off, but I want to see if that was an accident or a trend.

Hey...I had no idea you spent so much time over here. 17,000 posts? Crap, man, I better get going. I had over 8,000 at the other site, but spent the last 1,000 pissing and moaning about the freaking Patsy Trolls that get to set up shop however they choose. When I realized they would just let them do what they want, I decided it was time for a change.

LABillzFan
09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Yes they do have a Patsie troll infestation problem but that is because they got a mole in their ranks. :; I pointed out some the rules to moderators and I got either my hands are tied or so what. Just so you know Fabio stories belong in The Twilight Zone (that is an actual board here) and Mods DO enforce rules. :bow:

Hey G. Host. Good to see you here. Thanks for the heads up on the other board. I guess they can do what they want over there, but they just seem to have forgotten that it's a Bills board. Unfortunately, I have a hard time ignoring the morons. I'll be less inclinced to mess with Fabio posts here, primarily because the season is on, but also because this place seems to be much more focused on the team and the game.

I liked the conservative offense vs. the Jags because to a large extent it worked. I read somewhere that Drew intended to go deep to Moulds on the first play of the game, but it just didn't pan out so instead of forcing the play, he dumped off the TH for eight yards. It was good to get their feet wet, and like you say, I suspect the gameplan will change up from week to week...unlike what we saw with Killdrive...and we'll open up the long game when the opportunities present themselves.

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2004, 11:43 AM
The Lindell thing pissed me off, but I want to see if that was an accident or a trend.

Hey...I had no idea you spent so much time over here. 17,000 posts? Crap, man, I better get going. I had over 8,000 at the other site, but spent the last 1,000 pissing and moaning about the freaking Patsy Trolls that get to set up shop however they choose. When I realized they would just let them do what they want, I decided it was time for a change.
I have a few grand worth of posts on BBI too.

I may be the most prolific message board poster. That doesn't say much for my social life and career. :D

re: Lindel... I think it's a trend that started last year. :(

justasportsfan
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
I am not sold until I can see that Mularkey can do much better than what he did last Sunday.

Our D got int's. We had 3 picks in last years opener and we won the game 31-0 against the eventual SB champs. I don't know if we'll get better or worse. We'll wait and see.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
NE39 is one of our better Patriots posters.he talks knowledgeable football.we haven't had too many problems with Patsy trolls.they haven't been to the Smack Zone.

justasportsfan
09-16-2004, 11:52 AM
we been blessed w/ good Pats fans on this board.

TigerJ
09-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I've seen you there too, LA, and I've seen the Patsy trolls too. There are almost none of them here. There are, however a few Miami fans once in a while. They've been pretty quiet with the fiasco that was the Dolphins' offseason, and first game loss. I imagine they'll show up when Buffalo plays Miami.

juice
09-16-2004, 12:18 PM
I liked the conservative offense vs. the Jags because to a large extent it worked. I read somewhere that Drew intended to go deep to Moulds on the first play of the game, but it just didn't pan out so instead of forcing the play, he dumped off the TH for eight yards. It was good to get their feet wet, and like you say, I suspect the gameplan will change up from week to week...unlike what we saw with Killdrive...and we'll open up the long game when the opportunities present themselves.

You still have to go Deep because if you dont then you get beat by last minute TD drives.

gsobie
09-16-2004, 04:05 PM
I was very encouraged by what I saw Sunday, for basically the same reasons that were stated elsewhere in this thread. Jacksonville has such a tough Defense that its hard to get too creative against them. Against the Raiders, however, I bet they go deep several times, especially if they start stacking against the run.