• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Bills #3 & #4 WRs and TEs need to step up

Woodson and Buchanon are two very good corners so the receiving threats need to be from other players. Campbell needs to have a good day and Bobby Shaw needs to catch some balls. It would be good if Evans can be more than a decoy.

I think the key will be our 2nd stringers vs their 2nd stringers and our CB's vs their WRs.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Reed over the Middle and WM out of the Backfield

Evans has been a ZERO factor.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
      how can you say that after one game?
      N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

You maybe right.......All along I wanted us to get Clayton instead...And now Im watching him down here in Tampa and nothing but Positive do I see from him.......

But I still think Evans will catch on and be fine for the Bills....I think the WR's that are smaller physically like himself, takes a little longer to get use to the physical part of the NFL!!!!!
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

He was in game, right?

Was he uncovered? - No which means some defender spent a portion of their time covering him so he has been a factor just a very minimal one. I know he is a rookie but he is a first round one and needs to be more than someone they can put a safety or #4 CB on.

Comment

• carybillsfan
            • Aug 2003

I suppose were just sandbagging Evans still, maybe he'll have a catch by week 8.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
              I suppose were just sandbagging Evans still, maybe he'll have a catch by week 8.
              He did have 2 catches for 12 yards I think!!!
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• carybillsfan
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                WOW 2 catches 12yds, He's just the deep threat we've been waiting for!!!!

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                  WOW 2 catches 12yds, He's just the deep threat we've been waiting for!!!!
                  Evans is doing what is expected of a Rookie in his situation. He takes the direct pressure off Moulds. Now they have several threats to worry about. I hope you guys dont think because Evans didnt blow the pads ff anyone in week one that our First round pick was a Waste. Give the Kid time to adjust and develope to the NFL and the playbooks he is exepcted to know. I for one cant wait until hes out there like a fu**ing madman dogging every defended but lets be realistic.. Hes a rookie, hes got alot of expectations to step up too, hes on a new playbook, with a team who is with a NEW headcoach.. so its not like he an get assitance fromt he Vets. They are learning MM game plan as well. Give him and all our Rookies and Vets time to adjust. Its now coming up on Week 2... I say he should be more of a in game factor by week 4 - 5. Lets just wait and see... Dont call for a lynching just yet!!!
                  @Hemlepp53

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

The Running Game will still be featured.

I didn't watch any games last week because I was in San Juan. From what I gathered, the Steelers was able to run on the Raiders, even with Washington anchoring Raiders D-Line.

With Mularkay's intention of getting the ground game as the focal point this season, I don't see them changing much on offense this early. It's not like it did not work at all. More likely they will try to fine tune the details and cut down the mistakes. As a team trying to dominate by running attacks, 2 cracks from the 3 not getting into the endzone is not acceptable.

I think the key of this game might very well be Jennings and Mike Williams. If Teague can handle Washington one-on-one, the Bills will have the game won. More likely they will double team Washington and have Henry/McGahee run off tackle, which require our tackles to either take out the defensive ends or march forward and swallow up whichever linebackers in their way.

Playing away games is never easy, especially for a new offense. It will be prudent to resort to the old fashioned pounding-it-away method instead of complicated pass plays testing Raiders secondary - their strength on defense. If the ground game is successful, the play action will open up big play opportunities.

Did I mention Sapp? The Steelers offense never seemed to have problem with him when he was in Tampa. I think Mularkay knows how to handle him - run at him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

If we didn't test the Jags cb's I wonder if MM will do so against the Raiders.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Good Post

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                        Evans is doing what is expected of a Rookie in his situation. He takes the direct pressure off Moulds. Now they have several threats to worry about. I hope you guys dont think because Evans didnt blow the pads ff anyone in week one that our First round pick was a Waste. Give the Kid time to adjust and develope to the NFL and the playbooks he is exepcted to know. I for one cant wait until hes out there like a fu**ing madman dogging every defended but lets be realistic.. Hes a rookie, hes got alot of expectations to step up too, hes on a new playbook, with a team who is with a NEW headcoach.. so its not like he an get assitance fromt he Vets. They are learning MM game plan as well. Give him and all our Rookies and Vets time to adjust. Its now coming up on Week 2... I say he should be more of a in game factor by week 4 - 5. Lets just wait and see... Dont call for a lynching just yet!!!
                        Seriously guys..
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                          Don't forget the fumble recovery.

No, I think you'll see a lot more of Evans this week. MM said he will get much more action.... I would love to see a bomb to him within the first 2 series.

Walker can not keep up with him.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X