X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

Gallery to start at Left Tackle

Exactly half of the 32 first-round picks in the 2004 draft started their teams' season openers, most in at least the past five years, and that number will grow by at least one come Sunday afternoon.

Raiders offensive lineman Robert Gallery, the draft's second overall choice, is slated to make his first NFL start at right tackle when Oakland hosts the Buffalo Bills.....

Raiders offensive lineman Robert Gallery, the draft's second overall choice, is slated to make his first NFL start at right tackle when Oakland hosts the Buffalo Bills.

It seems that they think Gallery can handle Aaron. I hope we cream the rookie. I still don't see how they can compare this guy to Ogden or Pace...I don't recall those guys starting at guard first.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

More like we'll see what Gallery is made of Schobel is already proven.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

I'd like to see Aaron snowplow his rookie tail all day long.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Hopefully this will be one of those games where he gets 3 sacks.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
          • Jul 2004

They are making a BIG Mistake. Aaron is an animal out there.. Gallery will be treated like a RAGDOLL by Schobel. Aaron is a Proven Threat and its very obivious that the Raiders do not consider him a great threat or they would stick him with someone with experience... Atleast start someone with experience and try to tire Aaron out before feeding the Rookie to Schobel...
          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• carybillsfan
            • Aug 2003

A friend of mine in the Bay area said this is completely Al Davis' decision. He said the papers have reported that he hasn't stood out at guard and even looked out of synch at times last week. Well I guess if your gonna pay all that money, he should learn the hard and hopefully it'll benefit us

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

The article says he will be playing RT. He will be going against Kelsey and Denny
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                The article says he will be playing RT. He will be going against Kelsey and Denny
                Maybe carybillsfan meant the "other" left.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Maybe carybillsfan meant the "other" left.
                  Exactly, but even still does it matter....what I like most is the after impressive start, I was looking for an article I read last week that said he only played in a handful of downs, well if he was or is that impressive why didn't he start? One word for Gallery, although its early---BUST!!

Comment

• Bulldog
                    Top Dog
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                    I was starting to wonder if someone was going to pick up on that as I read the responses. Maybe this can be the break-out game for Kelsey.
                    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                      Exactly, but even still does it matter....what I like most is the after impressive start, I was looking for an article I read last week that said he only played in a handful of downs, well if he was or is that impressive why didn't he start? One word for Gallery, although its early---BUST!!
                      Or maybe it shows the depth the Raiders have along the o-line. Way too early to lable Gallery a bust.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• FTG
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                        If Gallery's a bust after 1 game what does that make Mike Williams after 2 years?
                        Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• carybillsfan
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                          If Gallery's a bust after 1 game what does that make Mike Williams after 2 years?
                          Tony Mandrich

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Gallery played a lot more than a handful of downs last game. Every time I looked at the game in the first half, it seemed like he was at RT, and then in the second half he seemed to be at LG a lot (I watched the game at the sports book at MGM grand - they've got every game on a single wall there).

Comment

Working...
                            X