PDA

View Full Version : Rest for [Jerry] Rice

G. Host
09-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Sept. 14, 2004

Jerry Rice isn't being phased out of the Raiders' offense, but he went into the season told he would get a little more rest. In the second half of the loss to the Steelers, Rice sat out while younger players -- Alvis Whitted and Doug Gabriel -- worked with Jerry Porter. It's likely that rotation will be re-evaluated. Rice is still too good to sit out long periods of a second half in which the Raiders trail. Rice ended up with only two catches for 22 yards.

From Clayton's Quick Hits

Rice vs Clements worries me; It is like a defense which constantly changes against a rookie QB, Clements will showboat and will be fooled by a veteran move and be burned.

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
I would be willing to bet that Clements won't be going for INT's instead of just knocking the ball down anymore. Not saying he won't get any picks, but I'm pretty sure we won't see another boneheaded play like the one against the Jags.

LABillzFan
09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Word out here seeped out that Rice is very unhappy about being put into and pulled out of a receivers rotation.

The_Philster
09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Word out here seeped out that Rice is very unhappy about being put into and pulled out of a receivers rotation.
He's denying that, though.,...saw him on Sportscenter talking about putting the team first...but you gotta know it's eating him up inside.