• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Rest for [Jerry] Rice

Sept. 14, 2004

Jerry Rice isn't being phased out of the Raiders' offense, but he went into the season told he would get a little more rest. In the second half of the loss to the Steelers, Rice sat out while younger players -- Alvis Whitted and Doug Gabriel -- worked with Jerry Porter. It's likely that rotation will be re-evaluated. Rice is still too good to sit out long periods of a second half in which the Raiders trail. Rice ended up with only two catches for 22 yards.

From Clayton's Quick Hits

Rice vs Clements worries me; It is like a defense which constantly changes against a rookie QB, Clements will showboat and will be fooled by a veteran move and be burned.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

I would be willing to bet that Clements won't be going for INT's instead of just knocking the ball down anymore. Not saying he won't get any picks, but I'm pretty sure we won't see another boneheaded play like the one against the Jags.

Comment

• LABillzFan
      • Sep 2003

Word out here seeped out that Rice is very unhappy about being put into and pulled out of a receivers rotation.
      Good beef jerkey could possibly be the perfect food.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillzFan
        Word out here seeped out that Rice is very unhappy about being put into and pulled out of a receivers rotation.
        He's denying that, though.,...saw him on Sportscenter talking about putting the team first...but you gotta know it's eating him up inside.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
        X