PDA

View Full Version : Would Milloy Have Prevented Winning TD?

Halbert
09-16-2004, 10:43 PM
What do you think?

Michael82
09-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Coy didn't even try to leap up. I would have preferred someone who would actually try to leap up for the ball. Why wasn't someone else covering that guy? He was the tallest and the best choice for a last-minute touchdown.

NapalmDeath
09-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Milloy would have made the play

Marvelous
09-16-2004, 11:34 PM
I agree Milloy woulda made the play.

OpIv37
09-17-2004, 08:52 AM
I looked at the still pictures of the play- Takeo had his arm BETWEEN the receiver's arms when he caught the ball. The receiver just made a hell of a play. If someone with the size and strength of Takeo couldn't rip the ball away, I doubt anyone in the league would have done much better.

Patrick76777
09-17-2004, 08:54 AM
I looked at the still pictures of the play- Takeo had his arm BETWEEN the receiver's arms when he caught the ball. The receiver just made a hell of a play. If someone with the size and strength of Takeo couldn't rip the ball away, I doubt anyone in the league would have done much better.

What’s most importantly, the 4th and 14 play would have been different. Milloy would have taken Jimmy Smith’s head off and he never would have made the 40-some yard catch.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2004, 09:08 AM
What’s most importantly, the 4th and 14 play would have been different. Milloy would have taken Jimmy Smith’s head off and he never would have made the 40-some yard catch.
Did we blitz on that play?

Patrick76777
09-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Did we blitz on that play?

I don't think so. I haven't really watched the replay and I was busy screaming my ass off during the play so I didn't get a great look, but the guys on the radio said that the safties were standing in the middle of the field wacking each other off as Clements was one on one.

OpIv37
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM

I agree with that- Milloy at least would have been smart enough to knock the ball down. Hell, even best-case scenario, Clements makes the interception and we're backed up 40 yards because we get the ball where he catches it instead of at the line of scrimmage.

Typ0
09-17-2004, 09:19 AM
I think Milloy would have made a big difference on that last drive...but I also hope Milarkey learned his lesson about that prevent crap...especially after your defense has pretty much dominated the game. He punted the ball to give it back to the defense...but then he changed the game the defense was playing. A huge mistake IMHO.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2004, 09:29 AM
I don't think so. I haven't really watched the replay and I was busy screaming my ass off during the play so I didn't get a great look, but the guys on the radio said that the safties were standing in the middle of the field wacking each other off as Clements was one on one.
We should've gone jail break blitz on that play, and cover one on one with the receivers. Look how NE did it with Manning.

juice
09-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Without a Safety backing him up, Clements had to not only make a play on the Ball but also keep himself in position to make the stop on the reciever.. If Milloy is in the SS position, I find it hard to believe that he would not at least known were the JAGS top WR was and who might need help in One-on-One coverage with him.

Halbert
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Truth is, it was such a total fluke, one-in-a-million that it's impossible to tell. Milloy probably would have been enough of a factor to prevent the string of flukes that allowed them to be in that position in the first place.

Seems the Bills have a knack for allowing those one-in-a-million flukes.

juice
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Truth is, it was such a total fluke, one-in-a-million that it's impossible to tell. Milloy probably would have been enough of a factor to prevent the string of flukes that allowed them to be in that position in the first place.

Seems the Bills have a knack for allowing those one-in-a-million flukes.
True, but Milloy would have at least been in the picture on that 4 down pass to Smith, he is the premeir WR , with a little Safety support that pass would've been easily knocked down, I think we missed Milloy more on that play, That would have effectivly ended the game.. No 4th & GOAL play.

Halbert
09-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Ugh. Why Winfield didn't just knock that down is mind boggling. I'll bet he neeeeever does that again.

The_Philster
09-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Ugh. Why Winfield didn't just knock that down is mind boggling. I'll bet he neeeeever does that again.
:huh:

Halbert
09-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Err, Clements. Listen to what I mean not what I say.