PDA

View Full Version : These officials suck

Buffarama
11-07-2002, 06:48 PM
I guess the tables are tilted tonight against the Sabres. The officials are allowing Carolina to hook, obstruct through the neutral zone, trip, and are calling every little thing againt us.
Secondly, why as fans are we not allowed to see the replay of the puck actually going into the net against Mika? I guess the NHL can't match the NFL. No replay, no explanation. I still want to see a replay of the puck going into the net.
Thirdly, assuming the call againt Zhitnik was legit, which is questionable, the penalty took place BEFORE the goal. Why was there an additional 5 minute penalty tacked onto the original penalty.
This is BS. This league once again is proving to be a bush league. The fans mean nothing. No communication, no explanations, biased officiating. Carolina should have had at least 3 penalities called on them.

don137
11-07-2002, 07:44 PM
I believe because it was a major penalty is why the penalty stood after the goal.

The Canes are holdong a lot. It's humorous that the Carolina announcers were complaining that a trip against Carolina never was called yet never mentions the clutchy grabby stuff going on. I guess it's called being a homer.

The Sabres are outplaying the Canes drastically in this game. Eventually the puck will fall our way.

Boulton did very well in that fight

Earthquake Enyart
11-07-2002, 09:05 PM
That Zhitnik call was legit. He deserved the 5.

We got stuck with the Cane announcers on the dish tonite, and they were talking about how that Cane who fought Boulton hadn't lost yet. They thought Boulton did well.

Dozerdog
11-07-2002, 09:20 PM
I agree with ya EE- they should suspend the bum.....If that was Kasperitis on Satan, we would be up in arms right now.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Dang right they should suspend him. Anyone watch Hockey Hotline tonight. Blessing and Robie are saying he should not get suspended. Robie said he was just skating with his leg out there. He did not stick it out to trip the guy....he just did not pull it back in. How stupid! I really can't stand homers. Even for my own team!

Buffarama
11-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Regardless, I'm still waiting for the above the crossbar view, like they had for the second goal, that clearly wasn't a goal, show the puck cross the line. I'm not saying it didn't, but I haven't seen it cross. They obviously have it, why do they never show it.
Secondly, where is the announcement to the fans, and what are the specifics of a ruling, saying that major penalty is enforced before a goal is scored and an extra player is allowed on the ice, that if the goal is scored, the full 5 minutes still stands.
I'll bet you it doesn't exist, and whether 1 second or 30 seconds elapses between the penalty and the goal, it matters not. A minor penalty gets wiped out when a goal is called. What about a major? Why no simple explanation from the refs? How can they allow an extra man on the ice to score a goal, and then allow the penalty to be enforced again for a full 5 minutes?

Sabre Ally
11-07-2002, 11:15 PM
I hate Kerry Fraser, I hate Kerry Fraser, I hate Kerry Fraser, I hate Kerry Fraser, I hate Kerry Fraser, I hate Kerry Fraser.......that helps, but not much. :mad:

Rude American
11-08-2002, 08:59 AM
So... what are you trying to say?