PDA

View Full Version : Henry said it best

justasportsfan
09-17-2004, 12:10 PM
"We just need to learn not to beat ourselves," said Henry. "If we can do that I think we can get on a role."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2740

Enough of this, "we need to execute stuff".

justasportsfan
09-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Notes: Mularkey said he expects rookie wide receiver Lee Evans to see more action this week. Evans two passes for 12 yards in his NFL debut against the Jaguars… The Bills will pump in extra noise during their Thursday and Friday workouts to prepare for the team's first road game in Oakland since 1977... Defensive tackle Sam Adams helped the Raiders advance to the Super Bowl in 2002 in his only season with the team.

We need Lee to step up and eventually move reed back to the slot.

kgun12
09-17-2004, 12:38 PM
"We just need to learn not to beat ourselves," said Henry. "If we can do that I think we can get on a role."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2740

Enough of this, "we need to execute stuff".

This is what our 4 SB teams didn't do! Even if they had a turnover they were good enough and confident enough to overcome.

justasportsfan
09-17-2004, 12:43 PM
This is what our 4 SB teams didn't do! Even if they had a turnover they were good enough and confident enough to overcome.I miss the OL we had then. Kelly was just as immobile as Drew.

G. Host
09-17-2004, 03:05 PM
I miss the OL we had then. Kelly was just as immobile as Drew.

Kelly wasn't immobile! He was no Vick or Elway but he could run when he needed to as several defenders found out! He lost some of his mobility at end of career but still had more than Drew did at start.

Marvelous
09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
I miss the OL we had then. Kelly was just as immobile as Drew.
No way Kelly was as slow as Drew. Drew is the ultimate statue.
Deer in headlights...

Dozerdog
09-18-2004, 02:25 PM
This is why it drives me crazy when I hear "Let's lose this one for a better draft pick" in late November/December.

Winning is something you learn how to do. It's not enough to have the talent- you need to know how to pull it together and get the job done under adversity.

Tanking games late for a better pick is stupid. It puts players in a mindset that losing is acceptable. The Patriots win because they know how to win. They don't crumble late in a game. Last year's win in Denver (when they took a safety with under a minute to go on purpose) demonstrates it. They were not worried about losing.

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-18-2004, 03:46 PM
"We just need to learn not to beat ourselves," said Henry. "
I've been trying to learn how to stop since I was 12.

Luisito23
09-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I remember in the playoffs against the chiefs when Kelly pumped fake the ball and ran like 10 yds. He wasn't Vick but he was just 2 smart 4 opponents 2 figure out..

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!! :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: