PDA

View Full Version : Worst FF Moves So Far This Season

Halbert
09-17-2004, 03:06 PM
I've seen some very poor decisions by some owners making moves so far this season.

Which one of these real moves was the worse so far?

And please, no wagering.

BAM
09-17-2004, 03:15 PM
how about me picking Shipp from Arizona :D

lordofgun
09-17-2004, 03:17 PM
how about me picking Shipp from Arizona :D
You got my vote. :up:

Ebenezer
waiver moves should never be allowed until week 3 or 4 of the season...if people can "throw back" half their team then what is the fun of the draft.

Dozerdog
I want to vote "All"

Is this from a Zone team or BBI team?

Dozerdog
09-17-2004, 03:18 PM
waiver moves should never be allowed until week 3 or 4 of the season...if people can "throw back" half their team then what is the fun of the draft.

And if you can't make the draft or your player is injured/cut?

Ebenezer
09-17-2004, 03:19 PM
And if you can't make the draft or your player is injured/cut?
If your player gets cut after week 1 then you were a fool for drafting them..
Injuries happen...tough beans...18 rounds is enough to pick some back-ups...
Didn't make the draft?? That is unAmerican...

Halbert
09-17-2004, 03:24 PM
No, none of these moves are from those leagues. We're still waiting for our biggest bonehead moves in those leagues. lol. Pretty good owners there so this level of botchery should be rare.

Believe it or not, all these moves came from the 8 CBSSportsline (i.e. pay leagues with money prizes) leagues I'm in! Why people pay money to make moves like this I have no idea.

I'm third on the waiver wire to pickup Baltimore tomorrow so I probably won't get that. The trade is pending and of course I objected. My guess is that the league members will vote it down - I hope so for the sake of the poor sap who gave up Randy Moss for a marginal feature back.

Sabre Ally
09-17-2004, 03:41 PM
I wasn't aware that the Lions have a defense.

lordofgun
09-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Do you make serious dough in those leagues?

Halbert
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
The $30 leagues pay $200 to the winner and the $80 leagues pay $600. They've got higher stakes/prize leagues but I'm assuming they are full of spreadsheet geeks like me. The $30 leagues are surprisingly weak with only about 2-3 owners who seem to really know what they are doing. The $200 leagues are a little tougher, but not by much.

But you know how head-to-head is. Last year I had 6 teams there and 5 made the playoffs. The one that didn't was second in the league in scoring. First week of the playoffs all 5 lost. Bam, gone. I figure that's terribly unlucky so I got even more teams this year hoping luck will even it up and swing in my favor this time.

It's essentially gambling. I gave up conventional gambling years ago so now this is all I do gambling wise. I figure if I just win 2 leagues or one of the $80 leagues I get my money back plus some. Or I could crap the bed in the first week of playoffs again and get zilch. lol.

Charlieguide
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
I wasn't aware that the Lions have a defense.

Not that I think they're for real, but check out their stats week one:

12 Pts allowed, 3 sacks, 2 INT, 2 fumb rec, 1 TD, 1 blocked kick.
That's a 26 point performance in BFZ#2.

And if the Ravens gave up points to the Browns, I can understand someone getting frustrated. I wouldn't have cut them, but I'd be pissed, too.

:idunno:

Sabre Ally
09-18-2004, 04:50 PM
True, but that was against Chicago. The Lions won't get you that many points on a consistent basis. Denver isn't going to get negative points every week, either, but they did against Kansas City last week. Matchups make a big difference. :)

BillsFever21
09-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Although they are all terrible moves the Moss trade sticks out like a sore thumb. What drunk idiot accepted this trade and how the hell did the commish let it stand?

Charlieguide
09-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Although they are all terrible moves the Moss trade sticks out like a sore thumb. What drunk idiot accepted this trade and how the hell did the commish let it stand?

Yeah, that one has a suspicious odor to it. I see absolutely no advantage to the guy getting Santana Moss; not even added depth.

lordofgun
09-18-2004, 11:25 PM
I just dropped Donte Stallworth in BFZ3. Does that count?

Halbert
09-19-2004, 08:45 AM

Well it's CBS Sportsline and at least 4 of the remaining 10 owners must object for it to be reviewed by the commish to be rejected. At the time I wrote the post it was in voting period, but check this out ...

It only got 3 objections!!!! That's unbelieveable.

I just couldn't resist so here's a note I posted on the home page of the league:

Congratulations … and Ouch!

Congratulations to the Kardiac Kids on your heist!

Well I’ve been playing CBS Sportsline Fantasy Football for four years and that is the most unbalanced trade I have ever seen NOT voted down. The Kids really stole a tremendous advantage in the trade.

As I’m sure the Kids are aware with great delight, Rudi Johnson’s stock is plummeting in the rankings. He’s fallen all the way to 24th on TSN’s paid FF information service with these comments:

Latest update
Sept. 12, 2004 - 3:55 p.m.
Chris Perry was inactive in Week 1, so Johnson had the chance to hog the carries vs. a Jets defense that had tons of trouble against the run last year. What came of it? Johnson ran 24 times, but picked up just 70 yards, or an average of 2.9 yards per rush. Taking out his long run of 16 yards, Johnson averaged just 2.3 yards per carry.
Fantasy Source spin: Johnson scored a touchdown on a run near the goal, and he'll continue to get plenty of work down there. If he doesn't start showing something more, though, Perry could cut into his work elsewhere on the field.

Meanwhile, the Bucs D is ranked 10th at TSN while Tennessee is 22nd. Yes the Titans have been one of the best defenses to own the past few years, but that was then and this is now. They have lost considerable talent on that unit and the schedule is a huge disadvantage to them - the Titans face the 4th toughest schedule for fantasy football point production! Personally I have picked them to be one of the most disappointing defenses in FF.

And of course D+O+ST=W give up the top rated WR touchdown machine in RMoss, which they had to do to get a featured RB because it’s either him or Culpepper that will fetch the most value. SMoss is a solid #1 in exchange but they needed to do better on the other players to get their money’s worth in letting go of Randy. On top of all that, they gave up a projected #2 fantasy WR in Stallworth!

To D+O+ST=W, when I first saw your team after the draft I thought holy crap, did you hit the jackpot! You had the best QB (Culpepper), the best WR (RMoss), the best TE (Shockey, if he gets/stays healthy) and the best kicker (Vanderjagdt). Your RB situation was a little questionable behind Dillon, but you had the top waiver priority and Quentin Griffin just waiting to be taken. Talk about stacked! Then when you decided to take Reggie Wayne with your first waiver request instead of taking Griffin I breathed a sign of relief because I knew the rest of us now had a chance. We would have been in deep trouble if you had filled out your roster with Griffin. Now you’ve narrowed the gap even further. Keep your fingers crossed that Rudi can keep Chris Perry from stealing more carries, or maybe even his job.

Tough break, kid. But you’ll remember this one for future FF seasons.

Peace and good luck to all. I’m out

Halbert
09-19-2004, 08:55 AM
BTW - this was an automated drafting league, which is why the guy ended up with such a stacked team to begin with. They don't do a straight snake draft, the order changes every round to try to make it more even, but sometimes everything falls in place perfectly and you end up with more than your fair share of top players. This was the biggest talent gap I've ever seen from the CBS drafts, he just got reeeeally lucky.

And then he proceeds to blow it big time with his waiver requests and this trade. Must be a FF newbie.

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I just dropped Donte Stallworth in BFZ3. Does that count?
Well Stallworth does have over 80 yards recieving this week... :snicker:

Gunzlingr
09-20-2004, 05:40 AM
looks like my Culpepper/McMichael for McAllister/Winslow trade could be ranked right up there :sadwalk:

R. Rich
09-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Dropping Baltimore's defense for ANY other defense is pretty crazy.