PDA

View Full Version : OT: McFarlane Figures

Makaveli
09-17-2004, 09:58 PM
ok look, I'm not like obsessed with McFarlane figures or anything lol since I only have one but I really want a Sabre one, so I'm kinda trippin that they release series after series and they have these bullsh** players, like Ales Hemskey for one, they're on their 11th series, thats like over a hundred different players, and they don't have a single Sabres player, or flordia, nashville or phoenix player for that matter... its bull, so what I did was email a half angry letter to Spawn, heres my email... hopefully, any of you who feel the same about this can email your own opinions in to Spawn and HOPEFULLY for series 12 they can fit everyones needs...

--------------------------------------
Look I've been a HUGE fan of your NHL figures, they look more amazing after every series, BUT having said that, after almost every new series line up is announced, I am always dissapointed and I send an email to you guys... I LOVE hockey and my favorite team is the Buffalo Sabres, you've made figures for every team except 4, including Buffalo, I really don't understand it, I do however understand you have to make whoever's hot and who will sell, but why is there a need for 4 different Theodore's, even 2 Jagr's, Jagr is nothing now, he junk... it can't be that theres no talent on either Buffalo, Florida, Nashville or Phoenix, and I'm not just emailing you to fit my needs, there are fans of these 4 teams that are dying for you guys to make someone from their favorite team... here I'll name some guys you could definently make who deserve it a whole lot more than Ales Hemskey for example

Buffalo... Miroslav Satan, Chris Drury, Danny Briere
Florida... Roberto Luongo, Oli Jokinen, Jay Boumeester
Nashville... Thomas Vokoun, Steve Sullivan, Scott Walker
Phoenix... Shane Doan, Mike Comrie, Derek Morris

there, i don't mean to sound like an idiot but I think you should consider every NHL fans needs by giving them someone from their team, most people dont care who it is as long as its their team, I really hope you consider this for your next series.

Thanks, Matt

--------------------------------------

pyrrhonist
09-18-2004, 02:33 AM
Makaveli,

I've been collecting McFarlane's SportsPicks since the non-logoed NHLPA figs. I had the Hasek NHLPA fig, and have off-&-on bought the NHL, NFL, and MLB SPs since they became officially licenesed. For MLB, I buy only Houston Astros (I'm a fan), for NFL I buy players I like in the uni I like best, and the same for NHL. However, I've vowed not to buy another NHL SP until a Sabre is made. I'll be holding my breath for a long, long, long time, this I know. Ok, I guess I'll buy Sharks as well, for the wife.

Myers57
09-18-2004, 09:13 AM
Usually don't have the income to invest in the McFarlane's although I would be willing to get an Afinogenov one...

pyrrhonist
09-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Usually don't have the income to invest in the McFarlane's although I would be willing to get an Afinogenov one...

Better find yourself a customizer, Darryl, because that's the best chance you'll ever see of McFarlane making a Max SP. :winkpunch

Myers57
09-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Better find yourself a customizer, Darryl, because that's the best chance you'll ever see of McFarlane making a Max SP. :winkpunch

Yea.. I would but sadly I have a condition known as, well...

Lack of Ambition.

pyrrhonist
12-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Not to resurrect a dead thread or anything, but, a dealer that I've bought many of my NHL SPs from emailed this list to me, stating it is a "likely" lineup for the 3rd line of NHL Legends by McFarlane:

--Gilbert Perrault
--Brad Park
--Tony Esposito
--Marcel Dionne
--Pete Mahovolich

Usually there are 6 SPs in the line, so another Gretzky is likely...Even though they've done 4 in the 6" line of Legends so far. However, seeing Perreault mentioned is AWESOME. It would make a fine choice for the 1st ever Buffalo SP. Plus, it would match the personalized 8 x 10" of Perreault my good friend in Montreal, Tom, got for me. I do believe I posted images here before, right?

Yea.. I would but sadly I have a condition known as, well...

Lack of Ambition.

Should you ever want me to ask, just let me know. I may be able to get my buddy to help out. He was the one who did this, if you recall:

http://artoftom.com/custom/AMog2.jpg

http://artoftom.com/custom/AMog6.jpg

He did these 3, as well (Before McFarlane ever thought to do any repaints in the Nords jerseys):

http://artoftom.com/custom/trio.jpg

fushetti
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Ales Hemsky. Who the hell is that?

OOooohh, i see he plays for Edmonton... that explains it.

I honest to God never heard of the guy before this thread. Glad he's got his own figure.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-20-2004, 07:17 AM
I don't collect those things either, but they do look pretty cool. I have a Bledsoe one someone gave me as a gift, but I think I would buy a Sabre if they came out.

Myers57
12-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Haha a Max one would be awesome, I would kind of like one showing him in stride while skating...

The only problem is I have a minimum wage job and a gas guzzling truck which means lack of spare funds right now to buy one of those bad boys!

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Mcfarlane just filed for chapter 11 because of the Tony Twist lawsuit.

LtBillsFan66
12-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Someone bought me a Bledsoe. Have it at my desk here at work!

The Pink Bear
12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Someone bought me a Bledsoe. Have it at my desk here at work!Negged.

pyrrhonist
12-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Mcfarlane just filed for chapter 11 because of the Tony Twist lawsuit.

Yeah, his comic book portion of his business did. His McFarlane Toys operates separate from his comics company.

Makaveli
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
BIIIG NEWS in the McFarlane world...

SPAWN.com announced NHL Legends 3 coming out November 2005, guess who is in it...

GILBERT PERREAULT!!!!!!

no photos yet

Michael82
01-25-2005, 10:10 PM

SPAWN.com announced NHL Legends 3 coming out November 2005, guess who is in it...

GILBERT PERREAULT!!!!!!

no photos yet
The BIIIG news is that they are making a Willis McGahee one. :dance:

PUCKER
01-25-2005, 10:16 PM
They really need to make a Spikes one! :up:

pyrrhonist
04-24-2005, 10:54 PM

GILBERT PERREAULT!!!!!!

I haven't visited here in awhile, and I seem to be the McFarlane "guy" here on the SabresZone.... :drool2:

In case you guys didn't know, Gilbert's figure for NHL Legends 3 was pushed back by McFarlane Toys. :down: As pissed as I am about it, it was done after McF officially announced they had come to terms with Bobby Orr for a figure. They instantly put him into the NHL Legends 3 line, and dumped Perreault to Legends 4. It sucks that he was bumped, and yes, I realize Orr was/is one of the all-time greats, no questions asked. However, if you look at the lineups thus far in NHL Legends, me thinks another could've been bumped instead of Perreault:

Legends 1
WAYNE GRETZKY 1
WAYNE GRETZKY 2
FRANK MAHOVLICH
YVAN COURNOYER
GERRY CHEEVERS

Legends 2
WAYNE GRETZKY 4
WAYNE GRETZKY 5
GRANT FUHR
PHIL ESPOSITO
MIKE BOSSY
JEAN BELIVEAU

Legends 3
WAYNE GRETZKY 6
WAYNE GRETZKY 7
TONY ESPOSITO
MARCEL DIONNE
PETE MAHOVLICH
BOBBY ORR

I think Mahovlich's figure from Legends 3 should've been dumped to 4, instead of Perreault. The Sabres get screwed again!

:blowup: :blowup:

Makaveli
04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
yea i knew about it :( sucks ass!

pyrrhonist
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
yea i knew about it :( sucks ass!

It sure does. McFarlane tried to appease us Sabres fans by telling us that Perreault was the biggest name he could pull to carry Legends 4, so he had to replace him, rather than a smaller name like Mahovlich. It does make sense, but it makes me mad nonetheless. :down:

Speaking of the McF NHL Legends lines, I picked up these 3 dudes about 2 weeks ago here locally:

http://img27.echo.cx/img27/2982/bossy6za.jpg

http://img27.echo.cx/img27/43/gretzkykings4yq.jpg

http://img27.echo.cx/img27/8307/gretzkyoilers7xn.jpg

SkateZilla
04-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Screw Satan, He's ON My Pooper List until he plays like he did in 1999,

Drury, Briere, and a few from the Amerks :)

I Do Have A Bunch O fthose Figures..

1.. L.A - Gretzky,
2.. Calgary - Iginla,
3.. Toronto - Mogilny,
4.. Galgary - Turek,
5.. Tampa Bay - Lecavalier (sp?)

2 thru 5 are some other brand, but the LA Gretzky is a Legends... lmao I Had to Assemble the ****er.. 3 hours of Pushing to get one leg in :(

I havent found any sabres stuff other than stcikers and jerseys...

I AM Getting a Bumper Sticker Kit For My PC (bunch of BLank Bumper Stickers and the templates for Photoshop to print them),

I Wanna Make some Dope Sabres Stickers ... including a Nog Goal Sticker :)

Myers57
04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll take a no goal bumper sticker!

the REAL Rudeman
05-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I want a McFarlane of Brian McFarlane.