PDA

View Full Version : BFZ original- Jets hope to climb into the AFCE race vs Fins

LouGrant
11-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Weekly rant from the resident Phins fan... Phins054

Well Lucas is now 0-2 as the Dolphins starter. He did look better in the MNF game in Green Bay, but the turn overs that happened early in the game (fumbles by Konrad and Carter) and Lucas' INT for a TD were killers. We were able to move the ball well and when we did, BAM turn over. The offensive players are playing without emotion and look like they are just going through the motions. This needs to stop. Norv needs to let Lucas (or Rosenfeld) to throw deep a few times in a game. The defenses are keying on the short and intermediate throws.

Now we go to the Meadowlands to play a re-vitalized Jets team that just spanked San Diego. Miami will need to score at least 21 points to win this game and this is something I feel they just can't do. Lucas is questionable for this game due to his shoulder injury, but I do feel that he will start. I also feel that we will see Rosenfeld also. The Jets offense is absolutely clicking on all cylinders right now and their STs has always been solid. The defense is tough but can be scored on...bottom line

NYJ 21 Miami 17

Buffalo was humbled by the defending SB champs at home 38-7. NE had their backs to the wall and responded in a LOUD fashion. Buffalo has a bye this week to work on defense.

Other notes...

The AFC field is still wide open. There are no clear cut contenders for the Super Bowl at the midway point. The NFC is a little clearer with Philly, GB, NO, and SF. The AFC possibilities: NE, Oakland, SD, Pitt, Miami, and Denver. KC and Buffalo have the offensive firepower to be contenders as well, but their defense will cost them.

Patriots / Bears Preview - Craig Natale

For those fickle fans of New England who have twisted their own ACL jumping on and off their beloved Patriots bandwagon this year; it's time to re-cast your vote. Are you a believer of those defending Super Bowl champions who started out 3-0, and demolished the Bills on the road last week? Or are you casting your ballot in the direction of that same team that had previously lost four straight games with careless penalties, poor execution and a matador run defense?

The Patriots travel to Chicago Sunday with exactly half the season behind them, possessing a 4-4 record and needing to win six of their last eight games if they plan on defending their Super Bowl crown. The Bears, 13-3 last season have been decimated by injuries this year and have come out of the gate limping to a 2-6 start. Their offense has struggled, with the A-Train, Anthony Thomas averaging barely more than three yards per carry. I watched Thomas run at Michigan and always thought he was a bit lethargic, and quite frankly was surprised at his success last year. He still doesn't move too well laterally and unlike the quicker, scat backs like Clinton Portis, Priest Holmes etc, the Patriots have a good history of defending the straight ahead, plodding, power-type backs.
...MORE... (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=11&state=news&nid=2475)

MadTownPackFan
11-07-2002, 11:55 PM
I agree with what you said about MNF. The bills had more yardage, more first downs, more time of posession, but lost the turnover battle. Some of the turnovers came at really bad times and others broke the Dolphins backs. You guys have a good team. Next year may very well be your year.