PDA

View Full Version : Downfield passing game nonexistent for Bills' offense

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Remember how it used to be, when Drew Bledsoe first came to town? Remember the overtime win at Minnesota? Miami in the snow? The Bills threw down the field. They attacked. Opposing defenses trembled in fear; Bills fans stirred in anticipation. Every one of Bledsoe's throws seemed to float through the air like a promise.
It seems so long ago now, since the Bills made big plays in the passing game. When you look at the numbers it's even more staggering. Can you remember the last time they completed a touchdown pass of at least 25 yards? It was in last year's Jacksonville game, in the second game of the season....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040919/1059574.asp)

FTG
09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
We definately have to find a better balance. We can be a run first team and still throw the ball down field.

Len. P wrote this week that some of the BIlls players have said the coachs have taken the "rehabilitate Drew" to far. They are right. He still has a gun and they need to use it once in a while.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 09:05 AM
That's not a good sign if 1-week into the new regime, players already are going to the media about problems with the coaching staff.

LABillzFan
09-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Can you remember the last time they completed a touchdown pass of at least 25 yards?

I think that was right before everyone figured out how to rush the middle of our line and attack Bledsoe.

According to Bledsoe, last week's first place was supposed to be a long ball to Moulds if it was there. It wasn't, so he dumped to Henry for eight yards. I miss the long ball, but I don't miss Bledsoe trying to put it someplace it can't go. I think this team offensively just needs to play within itself, and take what is given to it because it doesn't have the chemistry yet to just make the big plays.

That's not a good sign if 1-week into the new regime, players already are going to the media about problems with the coaching staff.

I think it actually is a good sign, if not a "better" sign. Remember, no one complained about Killdrive's gameplans until after he was gone. I'd rather hear the players speaking up now.

Typ0
09-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Last weeks game plan was solid...too bad we lost. We will air it out this week. I wouldn't be surprised if the first play is 40 yards down field to Moulds.