• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halbert
    I'm Not Normal
    • Jul 2002

This is a bad team, folks

Losing to the Raiders away isn't such a bad thing, it is the way they lost, as well as the way they lost at home last week.

The defense is terrific but they can't make up for the pathetic offense and special teams.

And despite what is sure to be a very unfair level of blame that will be thrown at him, I didn't see anything in either of the two games that would be Drew's fault for the loss. Still, it's time to let the Drew era pass and get Losman on the field.

Even as early as it is in the season and as much as I am not a doomsayer, I'm afraid this team will not contend for a playoff spot. Teams don't turn it around from 0-2 when they are undisciplined, unfocused, and simply cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot at the most critical times.

Now what we have to look forward to is how fast we can get JP back and into the lineup so he can develop quickly. And we hope that with the money freed up from cutting Drew loose we can sign our own critical free agents and a couple to improve the atrocious OL.

Looks like another year waiting.
  • doug45
    • Jul 2002

The D is great but unless we do something about the O we are in big trouble once again.

Comment

• Halbert
      I'm Not Normal
      • Jul 2002

Such a waste, too, with a boatload of talent on the team. But no chance to win with the string of mistakes and blown opportunities.

Comment

• FTG
        • Aug 2004

You're right. I like to have hope but it's gone now. This offense is probably the worst in the league.
        Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Armpalm Ali Musch
          The man - - - The legend
          • Sep 2004

We need to get a OLine and QB that work well together. This looks like a failure right now. We can't get into the endzone. Penalties don't help either.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

I gave them the benefit of the doubt for last week's fluke. If they came out strong this game, even in a loss, I still would have given them some faith to turn it around.

But this performance was anything but. They looked like a preseason team out there. Whatever "it" is that makes a team good the Bills do not have. And they won't this season.

The defense will keep them from getting blown out every game but they will struggle to make .500 with the horrid offense and huge special teams mistakes.

Comment

• Halbert
              I'm Not Normal
              • Jul 2002

I know it won't make a damn bit of difference, but I challenge anyone to give me a coherent and specific analysis why this loss of last weeks loss was Bledsoe's fault.

There were breakdowns all over the place on the offense, especially the O-line, that were far, far worse than the few minor mistakes that Bledsoe made.

But the reasonable arguments will get drowned out in the roar of blind hatred for Bledsoe.

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Halbert
                I know it won't make a damn bit of difference, but I challenge anyone to give me a coherent and specific analysis why this loss of last weeks loss was Bledsoe's fault.

There were breakdowns all over the place on the offense, especially the O-line, that were far, far worse than the few minor mistakes that Bledsoe made.

But the reasonable arguments will get drowned out in the roar of blind hatred for Bledsoe.
                Last week I agree Drew deserved no blame. This week he does deserve some blame. . Overthrows, holding the ball to long, He seems to have no confidence.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                  • May 2003

What the hell are you talking about? Drew looks like f'in Rob Johnson except he can't run. he can barely move and his brain is like Jello! I have always been in Drew's corner until now. His ass needs to go.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                    • May 2003

Season done! This team sucks from top to bottom! Except we still aren't as bad as the phish!

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                      This week he does deserve some blame. . Overthrows, holding the ball to long, He seems to have no confidence.
                      agreed..he has to get his head more in the game before the Pats game...if he keeps this up, bench him as soon as JP can play
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ct bills fan
                        • Jul 2002

Losman wouldn't be too effective now, with a *****ng broken leg. I'm a Travis Henry fan, but, he can't catch (2 drops, one resluting in an INT), he can't pass block (big wiff resulting in a sack) and on the most important play of the game, he slips. McGahee needs to be looked at a little bit more - one carry doesn't cut it.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                          • Aug 2004

bloody hell. If this doesn't prove why we need an offensive line I don't know what will. TD has got to find some lineman. If he doesn't find lineman now, or in the draft FIRE HIM.

if he wants to have a crappy oline, GET A QB that can RUN.
                          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• FTG
                            • Aug 2004

I would not even wait until JP is healthy if something does not change very fast. Matthews can do what Drews been doing and he can also move around a little to help out the putrid OL.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                              I would not even wait until JP is healthy if something does not change very fast. Matthews can do what Drews been doing and he can also move around a little to help out the putrid OL.
                              I'm not to that point...yet. Couple more games...I might be with you on that.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X