PDA

View Full Version : This is a bad team, folks

Halbert
09-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Losing to the Raiders away isn't such a bad thing, it is the way they lost, as well as the way they lost at home last week.

The defense is terrific but they can't make up for the pathetic offense and special teams.

And despite what is sure to be a very unfair level of blame that will be thrown at him, I didn't see anything in either of the two games that would be Drew's fault for the loss. Still, it's time to let the Drew era pass and get Losman on the field.

Even as early as it is in the season and as much as I am not a doomsayer, I'm afraid this team will not contend for a playoff spot. Teams don't turn it around from 0-2 when they are undisciplined, unfocused, and simply cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot at the most critical times.

Now what we have to look forward to is how fast we can get JP back and into the lineup so he can develop quickly. And we hope that with the money freed up from cutting Drew loose we can sign our own critical free agents and a couple to improve the atrocious OL.

Looks like another year waiting.

doug45
09-19-2004, 06:07 PM
The D is great but unless we do something about the O we are in big trouble once again.

Halbert
09-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Such a waste, too, with a boatload of talent on the team. But no chance to win with the string of mistakes and blown opportunities.

FTG
09-19-2004, 06:10 PM
You're right. I like to have hope but it's gone now. This offense is probably the worst in the league.

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-19-2004, 06:12 PM
We need to get a OLine and QB that work well together. This looks like a failure right now. We can't get into the endzone. Penalties don't help either.

Halbert
09-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I gave them the benefit of the doubt for last week's fluke. If they came out strong this game, even in a loss, I still would have given them some faith to turn it around.

But this performance was anything but. They looked like a preseason team out there. Whatever "it" is that makes a team good the Bills do not have. And they won't this season.

The defense will keep them from getting blown out every game but they will struggle to make .500 with the horrid offense and huge special teams mistakes.

Halbert
09-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I know it won't make a damn bit of difference, but I challenge anyone to give me a coherent and specific analysis why this loss of last weeks loss was Bledsoe's fault.

There were breakdowns all over the place on the offense, especially the O-line, that were far, far worse than the few minor mistakes that Bledsoe made.

But the reasonable arguments will get drowned out in the roar of blind hatred for Bledsoe.

FTG
09-19-2004, 06:20 PM
I know it won't make a damn bit of difference, but I challenge anyone to give me a coherent and specific analysis why this loss of last weeks loss was Bledsoe's fault.

There were breakdowns all over the place on the offense, especially the O-line, that were far, far worse than the few minor mistakes that Bledsoe made.

But the reasonable arguments will get drowned out in the roar of blind hatred for Bledsoe.

Last week I agree Drew deserved no blame. This week he does deserve some blame. . Overthrows, holding the ball to long, He seems to have no confidence.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:24 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Drew looks like f'in Rob Johnson except he can't run. he can barely move and his brain is like Jello! I have always been in Drew's corner until now. His ass needs to go. :mad:

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Season done! This team sucks from top to bottom! Except we still aren't as bad as the phish!

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 06:27 PM
This week he does deserve some blame. . Overthrows, holding the ball to long, He seems to have no confidence.agreed..he has to get his head more in the game before the Pats game...if he keeps this up, bench him as soon as JP can play

ct bills fan
09-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Losman wouldn't be too effective now, with a *****ng broken leg. I'm a Travis Henry fan, but, he can't catch (2 drops, one resluting in an INT), he can't pass block (big wiff resulting in a sack) and on the most important play of the game, he slips. McGahee needs to be looked at a little bit more - one carry doesn't cut it.

Jayhawk
09-19-2004, 06:30 PM
bloody hell. If this doesn't prove why we need an offensive line I don't know what will. TD has got to find some lineman. If he doesn't find lineman now, or in the draft FIRE HIM.

if he wants to have a crappy oline, GET A QB that can RUN.

FTG
09-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I would not even wait until JP is healthy if something does not change very fast. Matthews can do what Drews been doing and he can also move around a little to help out the putrid OL.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
I would not even wait until JP is healthy if something does not change very fast. Matthews can do what Drews been doing and he can also move around a little to help out the putrid OL.
I'm not to that point...yet. Couple more games...I might be with you on that.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
I really disagree that our defense is great. This D is average.

From today's game:
How many 3 and outs did we have? (I think none, maybe 1)
How many turnovers did we cause? None
How many times did we make their O punt from inside their 20?
How many sacks did we have? 2?
How many big plays did our D make at key times? 1 - the sack at the end of the 2nd Q.

Great D's make big plays/series that can swing momentum. Our D has done no such thing.

The blame is always put on time of possession ... but our D never helps themselves in this manner - so they can't be called great.

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 06:34 PM
I really can't believe some of you are pointing the finger at DB.

Did anybody else realize that he has only thrown 1 INT so far through 2 games (which really wasn't entirely his fault), and he's gotten the offense inside the red zone in a position to score numerous times. Our ****ing runningbacks can't move the ball 1 stinking yard into the endzone, therefore I hold our O-Line accountable. Just look at the YPC for Travis Henry!!! It's frightening to think how ****ty this line really is. Drew has made a few bad choices, along with almost every other QB in the league who makes a few mistakes per game.

All of you who think Losman is going to come in and miraculously turn this team around are in for a rude awakening. Sure, he is more mobile, but just take into account the number of times OAK blitzed our line today. The reason they blitzed so much is because they knew how horrible this line really is and they could totally exploit that fact. Hell there were a ton of plays where I saw LB's coming right into our backfield virtually unblocked. If Losman was in, he wouldn't even have time to scramble out of the pocket because it was collapsing so fast. I hate this ****ing O-Line, they are the cause of nearly every problem on offense. They can't block diddly ****, they can't get a push on goal line situations, and they wouldn't be able to ****ing pass protect for Michael Vick!! Until it's fixed every QB we put behind it will suffer.

Dantheman1280
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
i am never one of those people who look at the glass half empty! But im telling you rite now ITS OVER!! Atleast we can have cellar dwellar neighbors with the fins!

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I agree with most of what you have to say. But...Drew makes us that much worse. If you were watching the game you would know that Henry is the only reason we got in the redzone in the first place. Drew sits back there like a god damn zombie!

Ingtar33
09-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Drew, O-line, coaching... it doesn't matter in the end. Face it folks... this is a bad team.

Our D will get us 6-8 wins this year, but thats about it.

Patti120
09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
I can't even pretend to be optimistic any longer. I'm not jumping ship. I'll be around in a week, two months, ten years, but man I am not even going to entertain the possibility that we can turn it around and be good until it actually happens.

LarryBoy
09-19-2004, 06:43 PM

Did anybody else realize that he has only thrown 1 INT so far through 2 games (which really wasn't entirely his fault), and he's gotten the offense inside the red zone in a position to score numerous times. Our ****ing runningbacks can't move the ball 1 stinking yard into the endzone, therefore I hold our O-Line accountable. Just look at the YPC for Travis Henry!!! It's frightening to think how ****ty this line really is. Drew has made a few bad choices, along with almost every other QB in the league who makes a few mistakes per game.

All of you who think Losman is going to come in and miraculously turn this team around are in for a rude awakening. Sure, he is more mobile, but just take into account the number of times OAK blitzed our line today. The reason they blitzed so much is because they knew how horrible this line really is and they could totally exploit that fact. Hell there were a ton of plays where I saw LB's coming right into our backfield virtually unblocked. If Losman was in, he wouldn't even have time to scramble out of the pocket because it was collapsing so fast. I hate this ****ing O-Line, they are the cause of nearly every problem on offense. They can't block diddly ****, they can't get a push on goal line situations, and they wouldn't be able to ****ing pass protect for Michael Vick!! Until it's fixed every QB we put behind it will suffer.

:clap:

Well said.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Drew, O-line, coaching... it doesn't matter in the end. Face it folks... this is a bad team.

If we're lucky. I was appaled by what I saw today. The only thing worse that I can compare it to is the way our government runs this country.

FTG
09-19-2004, 06:47 PM

13 points should win most games. I don't think the D can even get us to 6 wins unless they start scoring themselves

Typ0
09-19-2004, 06:49 PM

Nice post. Losman might be able to pull out something...but it doesn't mean crap as far as being a good team that can win in the playoffs. We have had opportunities to win in the last two weeks. To turn it into a DB issue is rediculous. Drew has been solid at his game...and anyone that turns 0-2 into a DB issue is clinging to something unrealistic instead of looking at what the team needs to do to win in the long run.

Typ0
09-19-2004, 06:54 PM

I don't know if they are bad or not...but they are not ready to win. We've done a lot of good things...but wha wha wha you don't go out and do good things in this league and win. You just go out and win for the game you played...it's much more intense than any other league and if you slack you are exposed much quicker. It's a shame that we have a fork pummeling us...but that's the case. The schedule is tough in a tough division. I hold out BEST players most accountable because they are veterans and they need to make EVERY play they are given an opportunity to make this whole team work...and at this critical time they haven't done that.

Tatonka
09-19-2004, 06:55 PM
at least we will have a really high first round pick!

oh wait..

err.. second round pick!

:mad:

Halbert
09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Yep. Drew will get skewered this week and very little of this team's problems are really his fault.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now. We'll hear it for the rest of the season until JP is ready to play. By that time the Bills should be well out of the playoff hunt and everything will turn toward next season when TD gets some talent on the line so McNally has something to work with.

Sigh. Another tough season and a whole year to wait for the turnaround.

Philagape
09-19-2004, 07:04 PM
I challenge anyone to give me a coherent and specific analysis why this loss of last weeks loss was Bledsoe's fault.

Last week he was OK but this week .........

Missed throws when he had plenty of time and the receiver was open. Ergo, the offense doesn't move. Ergo, 10 points. Ergo, Loss.

The interception -- the only turnover in the game -- also was his fault.

Some of the sacks were his fault, too. He had time to react but was a deer in headlights.

Obviously on TV you can't tell if he missed open receivers downfield, but that would fit the profile as well.

I've been a defender of his, but today he really, really sucked

ArcticWildMan
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
And for those who are thinking draft time...we gave up our first rounder to Dallas. Now THERE is a happy thought when we are looking like a top 3 draft pick, isn't it? :wail:

Philagape
09-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Let me add that there was plenty of blame to go around. Penalties, drops, bad coverage, 3-yard rushing, etc.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Why oh why should we continue to waste our time with this guy. Everytime one of the other units makes a play, the offense comes in and just ruins any opportunity they we given. You can't blame it all on Drew that is true, but anyone who still belives this guy is going to lead us to six wins needs to wake the hell up.