PDA

View Full Version : Drew is DONE.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 06:31 PM
That's it.

All the debate about MM/TC/Wyche "fixing" Drew is over. He is done.

Anyone who still thinks Drew "has it" did not watch this game. Putting aside the throws he tried to make when getting pressured, almost all of his throws when he had time were either low, high or behind receivers. There is NO excuse for that, especially from an expensive 11 year veteran. And as for his ability to beat the blitz...well, you know the answer. Ol' leadfoot is alive and well.

Drew is done. Bench him. I'd rather watch Matthews play at this point. Drew not only doesn't help this team, but it is clear he now *hurts* this team.

Bench him or release him, I don't care. As long as he never sees the field as a Bill again I will be happy.

/rant off

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:35 PM
That's it.

All the debate about MM/TC/Wyche "fixing" Drew is over. He is done.

Anyone who still thinks Drew "has it" did not watch this game. Putting aside the throws he tried to make when getting pressured, almost all of his throws when he had time were either low, high or behind receivers. There is NO excuse for that, especially from an expensive 11 year veteran. And as for his ability to beat the blitz...well, you know the answer. Ol' leadfoot is alive and well.

Drew is done. Bench him. I'd rather watch Matthews play at this point. Drew not only doesn't help this team, but it is clear he now *hurts* this team.

Bench him or release him, I don't care. As long as he never sees the field as a Bill again I will be happy.

/rant off

I'm with you. I can't stand it anymore! He sucks! He is holding us back.

Tatonka
09-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Drew has been done.

he holds the ball too long and that wont ever change.. even moulds td should have been an INT.

damn i wish jp was healthy.

FTG
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I wanted to have hope new coachs could help him. I've lost that hope. He's shown zero improvement over last season

mackey789
09-19-2004, 06:38 PM
too bad losman is hurt, otherwise they would be able to throw him in there. We need someone who can spark some offense, and with Drew, as much as i like him, is not getting us anywhere

Jayhawk
crap until he's back put Willis in at qb, anything other than that

Armpalm Ali Musch
I hope Losman comes back sooner than expect to get some practice time in.

Nighthawk
He's done and it makes me even more angry that Losman is hurt. Damn you Vincent!!!!

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Guys I promise you. Shane Matthews can play better. F'in Drew is finished!

chernobylwraiths
09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
LOL

DraftBoy
09-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Losman is expected to come back when again???

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Shane Matthews can play better.

Right, that's why he wasn't on a team when we signed him. He must be gold.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Losman is expected to come back when again???
late Oct/early Nov

LarryBoy
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM

:roflmao:

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
I don't know but when he is healthy...the J.P. era needs to begin. Nothing could be worse than having Drew in there. At least punish his ass!

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:48 PM

He is not golden bro but Drew is worse!

Tatonka

seriously jf.. how is it possible for someone to be less mobile.. take longer to throw the ball and be less accurate?

he might not be better.. but he cant really be worse.. and something has to change..

drew has been bad for roughly the last 28 games in buffalo.. minus a few good ones in between.

when was the last time buffalo put up over 28 points? i really cant remember... but it was probably years ago.

DraftBoy
So we are looking at week 6 or 7?

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't know but when he is healthy...the J.P. era needs to begin. Nothing could be worse than having Drew in there. At least punish his ass!

What makes you think putting in Losman will improve this team? The line is so bad that the most mobile QB in the NFL would suck behind it. Add that to the fact that Losman would be coming off a pretty serious injury and playing on no NFL experience behind quite possibly the ****tiest line this franchise has ever had on its roster. Bledsoe is not the greatest QB in the league, but behind this line NO QB will ever be good.

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 06:50 PM
when was the last time buffalo put up over 28 points? i really cant remember... but it was probably years ago.

they did it a few times last season.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I just wanted to wait until this game to make sure people knew wasn't just being a "hater". I knew he was done...my posts were always consistent on this ... but I gave him 2 games to prove me wrong. Ostriches kept telling me, "just wait...you'll see." Well, after 2 games we have seen.....we've seen just how much he sucks and how much of a colossal mistake it was not to dump him in the offseason. Way to go TD.....again. :cynic:

I mean, seriously....did you see how POORLY he threw the ball? I must have counted at least 3-4 throws to Henry alone that were at his feet. And the catch that Reed made for the first down near midfield...he had to leap up to grab it, yet Drew had a clear passing lane and time to throw. THAT IS F***ING UNACCEPTABLE. Sure, our oline blows and we know Drew can't move to save his life. But he at least has to make the throws when has time.

I'm totally being serious when I say to put in Matthews. He simply can not do any worse, and will likely be better given he is more of a system QB anyway. Bottom line is that we aren't going anywhere until JP has a chance to start getting experience.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
How could those guys be any worse? I'm telling you...Drew is bringing us down. He sucks...forget about it. It is time we all quit fooling ourselves.

DraftBoy
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I just wanted to wait until this game to make sure people knew wasn't just being a "hater". I knew he was done...my posts were always consistent on this ... but I gave him 2 games to prove me wrong. Ostriches kept telling me, "just wait...you'll see." Well, after 2 games we have seen.....we've seen just how much he sucks and how much of a colossal mistake it was not to dump him in the offseason. Way to go TD.....again. :cynic:

I mean, seriously....did you see how POORLY he threw the ball? I must have counted at least 3-4 throws to Henry alone that were at his feet. And the catch that Reed made for the first down near midfield...he had to leap up to grab it, yet Drew had a clear passing lane and time to throw. THAT IS F***ING UNACCEPTABLE. Sure, our oline blows and we know Drew can't move to save his life. But he at least has to make the throws when has time.

I'm totally being serious when I say to put in Matthews. He simply can not do any worse, and will likely be better given he is more of a system QB anyway. Bottom line is that we aren't going anywhere until JP has a chance to start getting experience.

100% agreement! When drew gets time he makes bad passes, this is the sign that should be glaring in everyones eyes.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Agreed!

Frez
09-19-2004, 06:55 PM
What makes you think putting in Losman will improve this team? The line is so bad that the most mobile QB in the NFL would suck behind it. Add that to the fact that Losman would be coming off a pretty serious injury and playing on no NFL experience behind quite possibly the ****tiest line this franchise has ever had on its roster. Bledsoe is not the greatest QB in the league, but behind this line NO QB will ever be good.

Bledsoe makes the line look worse than it really is. :cry:

Patti120
09-19-2004, 06:58 PM
In the words of Metallica, "Sad But True"

Jeff1220
09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm on board now too. I've been silently, cautiously optimistic about Drew w/ the new coaching, but I'm now convinced that he's done. There were plenty of times when he had NO time, but that does not excuse the times when he did. His throws were behind, over the head of, and at the feet of the recievers. The one good throw he made all day was the deep ball to Evans. He's lucky the TD to Moulds wasn't another pick. This team will not win with Drew. Unless there is a complete turnaround after the bye, I say put Losman in as soon as he's ready. Drew looks rushed when there is no rush - absolutely no poise in the pocket...poor decision making...bad delivery...and on and on. This ostrich has finally lifted his head from the dark.

Tatonka
09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Bledsoe makes the line look worse than it really is. :cry:

i agree completely.. he really does.. the oline is no where near good.. and why should it be, with as little attention td has paid to it.. but drew and his tendency to hold the ball forever.. it makes them look even worse..

honestly.. who can say, after watching drew today, that ANYTHING has changed in his style of play? anything at all? the only thing i can see is he doesnt throw the ball down the field at all.. which makes the evans pick look even worse..

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 07:00 PM
In the words of Metallica, "Sad But True"

I was just thinking the exact same thing. LOL! Hey Hey! I'm your life. I'm the one who takes you there...

don137
09-19-2004, 07:02 PM
This team has a lot of talent but Drew is single handlely killing this team. He can't hit simple passes. Evey catch the player seems to have to dive for the ball. Because he throws the ball with such poor accuracy he gives the receiver absoultely no opportunity to run after the catch.
I really wish TD did not give Drew that extension and cut our losses when we had the chance. Now he is killing the team on the field and his salary cap hit will hurt the team in the future....

im4bflo
09-19-2004, 07:03 PM
With time, Drew can do the job, BUT who can't?
Our better days are in the future, JP, Evans & McGahee.
Drew holds the ball too long and won't throw unless they're WIDE open.
He's got to let his receivers make plays.
GO BILLS!

LabattBlue
09-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Anyone who can come out and defend Bledsoe's performance today is just not being honest with themselves. Holding the ball too long, not throwing the ball away when under pressure, numerous bad throws in the short passing game, etc....

TD knew the chance of DB being "fixed" was slim or they wouldn't have given up what they did to get Losman. It is very unfortunate that JP is hurt or I'd put him in for the next game.

20 freakin' points in two games!!! :doh:

FTG
09-19-2004, 07:04 PM

a lot of guys that were not signed could stand there like a deer in headlights. Drew fing sucks. I can't wait to hear your excuses for him when we're 0-5.

Tatonka
09-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Our better days are in the future, JP, Evans & McGahee.
Drew holds the ball too long and won't throw unless they're WIDE open.
He's got to let his receivers make plays.
GO BILLS!

well said.

FTG
09-19-2004, 07:06 PM
!

I'm not so sure he can. Granted there were quite a few plays he had no chance but there were plenty of plays where he had time to throw and just held the ball. He's done.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 07:07 PM
But that's just it....even *with* time Drew can't do it. That's when you know a QB is done.

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Right. It is not as if there were/are a whole bunch of better quarterbacks out there, but for the money we are paying Drew. I mean he is a very very nice guy. I like Drew. Always have. But damn. Put Drew behind the best offensive line in the NFL and I am certain the offense would under perform. His lack of mobility has hurt our team far maore than I could ever have imagined. I guess I always knew but I had to believe. I am so god damn desperate for a good team. I would believe anything. I have been wondering why we haven't seen Lee Evans. It is because we cannot even have Drew back there for more than 3 1/2 seconds before his confidence errodes his judgement. At the rate that drew's brain works, he needs at least six-seven seconds.

Albany2
09-19-2004, 07:11 PM
If Drew continues to play this poorly, you need to put JP in when he's ready because you might as well give him some playing time as this year's team is going nowhere with Drew. I'd rather get next year's QB some experience now than have him be basically a rookie next year. By the way- Brady won the Super Bowl his 2nd season & Culpepper & Kerry Collins got their teams to the conference championship games their 2nd year. Drew is done, put JP in ASAP!

Uncle Jesse
09-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Hell we should put Moulds or even Moorman in at QB. Now Moorman has a higher QB rating and everything. He hit Kevin Thomas right in the numbers!! But on a more serious note, Bledsoe blows. He should join Lindell and high tale it out of town!

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 07:16 PM
The negativity towards our QB on this board is insane!! It's hilarious to see all of you finger point in one direction. Hey while you're at it why don't you point out all of the recent faults of this team and subsequently bench all the players that have played ****ty just as you are suggesting be done with Drew:

1. All the drops that WR's had today as well as last week - I suppose we should bench Moulds and maybe just plop, oh let's say Baker, in at WR because he's shown promise and probably has better hands. Maybe we should bench Henry for letting that pass slip through his hands too and causing an INT.

2. The fumbles Moulds had last week. I don't recall anybody calling for his head after Bledsoe delivered one pass right into his ****ing hands.

3. How about Henry's piss poor yards per carry avg. Give Shelton the ball more, I'm sure he's a better option. Hell, put McGahee in, he's been putting up the same numbers as Travis but it's good to switch things around even though the result is the same.

4. Lindell's missed FG last week, though this can be scratched from the list since I know that many of you, myself included, want this guy out of here for obvious reasons.

5. All the holding penalties.

6. The D's inability to produce turnovers or sacks. Let's bench all of them and put in scrubs.

7. Special teams sucking since the last ice age.

I hope some of you can at least see the point I'm trying to get accross.

To put all the blame on the QB and calling for his head is insane. Yes, Bledsoe is past his prime. Yes he makes ****ty mistakes now and then, but so does every other QB in the league. You think Matthews or Losman are going to be mistake free?!?!?! Yes he is not mobile, but in all honesty, the way this line plays I don't think mobility will help us to the degree many of you think it will. Mobility is an advantage to a certain degree... but look at the game tapes. Teams know our line sucks, therefore they blitz the hell out of us, putting their guys in our backfield in seconds. No QB, no matter how mobile, would be able to escape a pass rush like that on every pass play. Mobility is great, but if you are wanting to rely on a mobile QB that says that we don't give a **** about how bad our line is because our QB can just run all the time. Need I remind many of you that Losman got injured because was running around all the time?? Bottom line is, the Line needs to improve, and putting in the next guy on the depth chart isn't the answer. If we don't improve the line Drew won't succeed, Matthews won't succeed, and neither will Losman in the future.

If Matthews is a better option he wouldn't have been rotting on the bench in Chicago and on the FA list a month ago. The guy has started roughly 20 games in his 10 year career, and I'd venture to say that all of those were only because the starter was injured.

It's one thing to be pissed about a loss, and trust me I am ****ing sick and tired of this team losing, but putting the entire blame of a loss on a QB that really didn't lose this game for us all by himself is ridiculous.

FTG
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Drew sucks Freeman. Yeah the line blows, the WR's dropped some balls, and the penalties hurt us but Bledsoe is the #1 problem with this offense. You're just fooling yourself if you think differant

Drive 4 Five
09-19-2004, 07:23 PM
The point jfreeman is that Drew cannot get it done behind any line. We hear what you're saying, that this team obviously has alot more problems than just Bledsoe, but what the hell is your obsession with him anyway? Are you in love? C'mon man. At least it would be a step in the right direction. It's a start to getting better.

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
fairway - I never said that he played a great game, but I totally disagree when you say he's public enemy #1 to this offense. If he had thrown 4 INT's and been making plays that hurt us dramatically then maybe I'd take that position. I think the main problem is the line. Drew isn't a mobile QB, I'm not denying that, but this line seriously can't block for him -- or our RB's. Just look at their numbers so far... plus we've been inside the redzone a few times and failed to run the ball in. We couldn't do it today, and we ended up passing on the 1 yard line last week and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that decision was made because maybe the coaching staff knows this line can't get a decent enough push to move the ball 1 inch into the endzone.

bills fan atic - I never said I was for or against DB, I was just pointing out that there are far greater concerns surrounding this inept offense and totally putting all the blame on him is unfair because this was a piss poor game played by everybody on the roster, not just DB. At least I haven't sat back in the shadows for the past year and then come out of the woodwork to jump on the anti-Drew bandwagon after a couple losses. Judging by your sig, your comments, and your number of posts in a year and half here, I'd venture to question whether you're even a fan of this team at all.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 07:55 PM
This team has a lot of talent but Drew is single handlely killing this team. He can't hit simple passes. Evey catch the player seems to have to dive for the ball. Because he throws the ball with such poor accuracy he gives the receiver absoultely no opportunity to run after the catch.
I really wish TD did not give Drew that extension and cut our losses when we had the chance. Now he is killing the team on the field and his salary cap hit will hurt the team in the future....single-handedly? I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculously stupid statement I've seen today. It's Drew's fault for the drops, for the line not blocking, the penalties, missed FGs and everything else, right? Damn...guess I've been wrong all these years...I thought there were 53 players on the team. :idunno:

STAMPY
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Freemans right. Its not Drews fault. The team as a unit is not playing well. Im a Losman fan but throwing him to wolves does not help his career. Matthews as QB pleez that helps how.

tampabay25690
09-19-2004, 08:04 PM

So can I

BillsFever21
09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I hope all you Drew homers are happy. What a disgusting performance today.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Turf
09-19-2004, 08:14 PM
How many times does a veteran QB get sacked and take a team out of FG position? Drew does every game.
But this goes deeper than Drew.
It goes right to Donahoe.
All the coaches he hired are gone, and Gray should have been gone 3 years ago.
How many of his draft choices have made an impact? 1? 2 maybe?
This entire team in year 4 is TD's doing. Yeah he inhereited a bad salary cap situation but we're beyond that now.
Keeping Williams last year was a mistake.
Gilbride, need I say more?
Keeping Bledsoe this year was a mistake, and wil last the entire year.
Signing Williams over the tackle Minn took was a mistake, our highest draft choice in what 15 years?
And nothing against Mularkey, but would you hire a rookie coach after another rookie coach just failed after 3 years? What type of impact will a rookie coach have? He's happy just to be here. He may be a fanatastic coach one day, but we needed someone now, for today. TD should have gone for experience.
The problem with TD is that he needs to be in absolute authority.
Ralph gave him absolute authority.
And he would never hire a coach with a backbone who would stand up to him and demand some control.
TD has failed, and done so miserably.
This team doesn't even look like an NFL team.
This year is possibly the worst team in a Bills uniform I have seen since the pre Levy era.
This team sucks beyond belief.
Discombobulated.
Disjointed.
A ton of defensive talent with little direction.
No offensive skill players beyond Moulds, Henry, and maybe McGahee.
How many Bills players on your fantasy team if you have half a brain?
Donahoe is a major flop.
He must go.
The sooner his tenure and his bad management leaves the better.
The only thing he has done well on is the cap.
Other than that, he has brought Buffalo the worst brand of football seen here in years.

thenry20
09-19-2004, 08:23 PM
JP couldn't survive a soft hit from TV, what makes you guys think he's tough in a real game?

I guess the O-line and dropped passes aren't why we suck and stupid mistakes.

Get real!!!

DB has played well. He's not throwing those stupid picks anymore!

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 08:34 PM
To put all the blame on the QB and calling for his head is insane.I never said Drew was the sole reason for the offense sucking. However, that doesn't negate the fact that Drew still sucks.

Yes he makes ****ty mistakes now and then, but so does every other QB in the league."Now and then"? When was the last time he had a good game?

Bottom line is, the Line needs to improve, and putting in the next guy on the depth chart isn't the answer. If we don't improve the line Drew won't succeed, Matthews won't succeed, and neither will Losman in the future..I agree. The oline needs to be improved dramatically or we aren't going to get any better. However, that still doesn't mean Drew shouldn't be benched. He has shown absolutely nothing to me that says he should start. His decision making and throws when he had time have been piss poor. That is completely independent of the line, the kicker, the RBs, etc. Bad throws with time are 100% Drew's fault, and that is the reason I want him gone.

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
I though Drew wasn't supposed to have his annual slide until midseason? :scratch:

BillsFever21
09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
JP couldn't survive a soft hit from TV, what makes you guys think he's tough in a real game?

I guess the O-line and dropped passes aren't why we suck and stupid mistakes.

Get real!!!

DB has played well. He's not throwing those stupid picks anymore!
Bledsoe has played well? I want whatever drugs you've been using during the games.

Bill Brasky
09-19-2004, 08:41 PM
He has shown absolutely nothing to me that says he should start.

And Matthews has? He couldn't even beat out Jim Miller/Chris Chandler while in Chicago.

Thankfully he's injured, because putting Losman in this early in the season would be moronic. Did Cincy bench Kitna last year? Is SD going with Rivers? Is NY going with Manning? Did Pitts start Big Ben? Bottom line being that young QB's are more destined for success if you give them time to learn, not just by throwing them behind a line that couldn't block a bunch of 7 year olds.

Staying with DB is our only good option right now. Matthews won't bring anything to this team that is going to turn things around. I wouldn't put Losman in until we're out of the playoff hunt.

Jayhawk
09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I though Drew wasn't supposed to have his annual slide until midseason? :scratch:
screw that, he's getting it out of the way.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 08:57 PM
And Matthews has? He couldn't even beat out Jim Miller/Chris Chandler while in Chicago.
That may be true, but Matthews is irrelevant to this discussion. The topic is that Drew sucks and you have said nothing to disprove that fact. In addition, Matthews doesn't cost this team $8M+ (or whatever the number is now...)

Thankfully he's injured, because putting Losman in this early in the season would be moronic. Did Cincy bench Kitna last year? Is SD going with Rivers? Is NY going with Manning? Did Pitts start Big Ben? Bottom line being that young QB's are more destined for success if you give them time to learn, not just by throwing them behind a line that couldn't block a bunch of 7 year olds.
Bradshaw, Marino and Peyton Manning seem to have done ok and they all started their rookie years. :idunno:

Staying with DB is our only good option right now. Matthews won't bring anything to this team that is going to turn things around. I wouldn't put Losman in until we're out of the playoff hunt.
Staying with DB is the worst option right now. He has trouble making simple throws, and I don't care what you say about Matthews, I want to see him try first before writing him off.

Lone Stranger
09-19-2004, 09:47 PM
DB is making mistakes you would expect a rookie to make particularly in his inabilty to get rid of the ball. One caller on the Howard Simon show had it right - DB is simply too slow in everything he does.The game has passed him by. To get into :dance: a long dissertation on his shortcomings would be a waste of time at this point.

Turf
09-19-2004, 09:53 PM
If I were a trial attorney, I would base my case simply on the point of HOW MANY TIMES DREW HAS TAKEN A SACK ON 3RD DOWN IN FG POSITION AND COST US THE FG.
You all know if you've watched the games which I know you have, that it is a fact.
I rest my case. Unaware of the game, the field position, the time, the ramifications, simply unaware of anything. BTW, he's a veteran.
We should have gotten rid of him before the season began.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:23 PM
If I were a trial attorney, I would base my case simply on the point of HOW MANY TIMES DREW HAS TAKEN A SACK ON 3RD DOWN IN FG POSITION AND COST US THE FG.
You all know if you've watched the games which I know you have, that it is a fact.
I rest my case. Unaware of the game, the field position, the time, the ramifications, simply unaware of anything. BTW, he's a veteran.
We should have gotten rid of him before the season began.
Court is adjourned! :;

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah lets put in Mathews next week.

DraftBoy
09-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Ok now ive read 2 statements that have really made me wonder about this whole drew thig both are from freeman:

1. was how Drew didnt lose us this game, and Ill give it to him he didnt singlehandily lose us the game (ill be nice and put 70% on him). But what really got me about this comment was that it was seemed in context to defend drew and I was just wondering when we started using that as an excuse for our players, last I checked they were supposed to win us a game not lose us a game maybe something has changed....can somebody let me know....thanks

2. NY Is not going with Manning....Last I checked good ol' Tommy had Eli bench Kurt in week 1 and we all know Brees ass in on the line each week so dont say nobody is playing rookie qbs bc it will change and quickly.

I woulda quoted it but I dont know how to do multiple quotes....

Jayhawk
09-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Drew sucks Freeman. Yeah the line blows, the WR's dropped some balls, and the penalties hurt us but Bledsoe is the #1 problem with this offense. You're just fooling yourself if you think differant
:bow:

NapalmDeath
09-20-2004, 02:09 AM
Well, if Drew sucks so bad, lets activate Zoloman off of the Pratice Squad. Drew Bledsoe is not the #1 problem with this offense. He is a part of the problem, and he did not have a very good game, but the #1 problem with this offense is the OL.

Jayhawk
09-20-2004, 02:20 AM
oh god no, not zollman

illusionone
09-20-2004, 07:08 AM

I knew this was coming........sigh

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-20-2004, 07:51 AM
You know what scares me the most about Drew? Over the course of his career, he has usually been lights out for the better part of the first half of the season, then declined greatly in the second half.
If Drew is playing his best now, I am not encouraged thinking of what will happen after week 8 or so.

I think what you are seeing here is a team that is not on the same page with one another yet.

I think it is the function of new coaching, new faces on the oline, and lack of strong leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

I don't think at this point Matthews would net any better results...but I don't think he would be any worse either. Maybe it would help Drew to have him sit down for the Pats game.

I don't think Drew has played awful these past two weeks, but then again, he is a big $ player and should be playing better...right now he is playing like a competent backup. Not losing the game for you, but not really bringing a big advantage to the table either.

I think this bye week is going to be very good for the team right now. I thought from the start that we would be 0-2 heading into the bye, so I am not overly surprised, but what surprises me is 1) how undisciplined this team is. 2)How poorly prepared this team is. 2) Poor play shown so far by our WRs, I thought they would be a strength this year. 4) Very average play by ALL of our RBS.
This team is playing like it is still preseason....

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2004, 08:00 AM
That may be true, but Matthews is irrelevant to this discussion. The topic is that Drew sucks and you have said nothing to disprove that fact. In addition, Matthews doesn't cost this team $8M+ (or whatever the number is now...)

This makes no sense. With this line, Matthews would be knocked out by halftime. He's a china doll.

Like it or not, we have to stick with Drew until Losman is healthy.

Drewpac
09-20-2004, 08:14 AM
How many times does a veteran QB get sacked and take a team out of FG position? Drew does every game.
But this goes deeper than Drew.
It goes right to Donahoe.
All the coaches he hired are gone, and Gray should have been gone 3 years ago.
How many of his draft choices have made an impact? 1? 2 maybe?
This entire team in year 4 is TD's doing. Yeah he inhereited a bad salary cap situation but we're beyond that now.
Keeping Williams last year was a mistake.
Gilbride, need I say more?
Keeping Bledsoe this year was a mistake, and wil last the entire year.
Signing Williams over the tackle Minn took was a mistake, our highest draft choice in what 15 years?
And nothing against Mularkey, but would you hire a rookie coach after another rookie coach just failed after 3 years? What type of impact will a rookie coach have? He's happy just to be here. He may be a fanatastic coach one day, but we needed someone now, for today. TD should have gone for experience.
The problem with TD is that he needs to be in absolute authority.
Ralph gave him absolute authority.
And he would never hire a coach with a backbone who would stand up to him and demand some control.
TD has failed, and done so miserably.
This team doesn't even look like an NFL team.
This year is possibly the worst team in a Bills uniform I have seen since the pre Levy era.
This team sucks beyond belief.
Discombobulated.
Disjointed.
A ton of defensive talent with little direction.
No offensive skill players beyond Moulds, Henry, and maybe McGahee.
How many Bills players on your fantasy team if you have half a brain?
Donahoe is a major flop.
He must go.
The sooner his tenure and his bad management leaves the better.
The only thing he has done well on is the cap.
Other than that, he has brought Buffalo the worst brand of football seen here in years.

This is one of the best posts I've read on this board. You've just summed up the entire situation. TD has created a mess. I can't really blame him for hiring Williams and trading for Bledsoe (I agreed with the moves at the time). But the fact that he's made Bills fans suffer through three years with both of these guys is unforgiveable. His stubborness is going to land his ass among the unemployed after the season.

I'm no Flutie lover, but I think the downward spiral really began the day that Ralphie pulled the plug on Dougie before that playoff game. It has been nothing but misery for Bills fans ever since.

BAM
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
the whole team lost this game. No way this was all Drew's fault, even though he could've played much better.

http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/beatdeadhorse.gif

don137
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
single-handedly? I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculously stupid statement I've seen today. It's Drew's fault for the drops, for the line not blocking, the penalties, missed FGs and everything else, right? Damn...guess I've been wrong all these years...I thought there were 53 players on the team. :idunno:

While the other players have made mistakes if we had any of the top 20 QBs in the league we could easily be 2-0. Every team makes mistakes but when your QB can not make a big play or a simple play those mistakes are magnified because the team can not overcome those mistakes. If we had any of the top 20 QBs we could of at least moved the ball down the field and scored more. The team just does not seem to have confidence in Drew. When your field general is inept it gets contagious. The receivers can't run after the catch because they are busy jumping up for the ball or diving for the ball...Maybe single handely wasn't the best of words but his inability to lead this team is bringing down this team hard.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 12:29 PM
While the other players have made mistakes if we had any of the top 20 QBs in the league we could easily be 2-0. Every team makes mistakes but when your QB can not make a big play or a simple play those mistakes are magnified because the team can not overcome those mistakes. If we had any of the top 20 QBs we could of at least moved the ball down the field and scored more. The team just does not seem to have confidence in Drew. When your field general is inept it gets contagious. The receivers can't run after the catch because they are busy jumping up for the ball or diving for the ball...Maybe single handely wasn't the best of words but his inability to lead this team is bringing down this team hard.
Good post.