• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

DONAHOE is starting to sweat!

If this year goes down the tubes, does Donahoe?
    GO BILLS!!!
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

If they aren't AT LEAST 8-8....

Donahoe is gone!

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

I wish but I doubt it. Ralph Wilson is going to give him another shot with JP, Willis, Evans, and the other young guys.

TD set this franchise back 3 years the day he traded for Drew Bledsoe. He does not deserve a second chance but he'll get it.
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Mikey82
        If they aren't AT LEAST 8-8....

Donahoe is gone!
        And replace him with who? Donahoe is still yards better than a lot of GM's. He's made some mistakes in pesonnel and it's costing us now is all.

Donahoe's biggest faults are:

1. He has not addressed the kicking position since he's been here.

2. He drafted Fat ass Mike Williams over Roy Williams.

3. Traded for Drew.

4. Hired Gregg Williams

Those four decisions have killed us ever since they were made.

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

I can't wait for those years...

JP, Evans and McGahee are our trio of a promicing future.
          GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Frez
            • Oct 2003

Donahoe is now 17-33 with Buffalo.

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

I can forgive mistakes. What I can't live with is waiting to long to admit them and correct them.

He bombed with Greg Williams. It would not have been as bad if he canned him after the 2003 season but he had to be stubborn and make us suffer through another season

He blew it trading for Bledsoe. I can live with that because I supported the Drew trade. What pisses me off is he was too stubborn or dumb to fix that mistake this offseason. Now we have to put up with dejavu from last yar

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                I can forgive mistakes. What I can't live with is waiting to long to admit them and correct them.

He bombed with Greg Williams. It would not have been as bad if he canned him after the 2003 season but he had to be stubborn and make us suffer through another season

He blew it trading for Bledsoe. I can live with that because I supported the Drew trade. What pisses me off is he was too stubborn or dumb to fix that mistake this offseason. Now we have to put up with dejavu from last yar
                Who would you have taken over Bledsoe?

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

If the team crashes and burns like last season I'd say maybe. But even as bad as they looked today I don't think that's going to happen. The D will keep the Bills in enough games for them to end up around .500 and TD will get another chance.

The fact is that year 1 & 2 were already known to be throw away years. Year 1 they had no chance at success after cleaning house and they were in mere survival mode. The next year was clearly only stage 2 in the rebuilding progress and we knew that before the year started. Year 3 was a big disappointment but we now know for certain that Gilbride isn't an OC anymore for a reason.

This year he's certainly on the hot seat but Wilson won't start all over again if they can at least show improvement and finish with a couple more wins than last season. Not that a .500 record is much of an accomplishment for a team with as much talent as the Bills have, but it would at least give Wilson reason for discretion considering the new coach and offensive systems.

If the Bills can retain most of their key talent on D, which they should be able to, then they can upgrade the OL, trade Henry for a prominent pass rusher, and give JP a strong team which to begin his starting career with. He’s going to have to be a hell of a sophomore but based on the impressive way he played in the preseason it’s at least possible he could be effective enough to sniff the playoffs. If I’m Wilson I give TD at least one more year to make that happen.

But if the utter ineptness that infected them last season returns Ralph may simply not be able to take it. A repeat performance of that debacle would be a very bad pattern that he might be forced to take action on. That would be a tough move after just hiring a new coach but you just can’t perform that badly in any aspect of the team to be considered competent overall.

Fortunately I don’t think they could possibly be that bad again so TD will get his chance. This season appears to be toast already, but I still believe this team is close and it’s not unreasonable to think it could happen next year.

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                    And replace him with who? Donahoe is still yards better than a lot of GM's. He's made some mistakes in pesonnel and it's costing us now is all.

Donahoe's biggest faults are:

2. He drafted Fat ass Mike Williams over Roy Williams.

3. Traded for Drew.

4. Hired Gregg Williams

Those four decisions have killed us ever since they were made.
                    One other one that I'd add to that list ... he's used 5 first rounders in his time here (Clements, Williams, McGahee, Evans, and Losman). Today, only one was doing anything positive for this team (Clements). I don't care who your coaches are ... that sort of drafting is going to get you nowhere.

Comment

• FTG
                      • Aug 2004

In the offseason I would have gone after Garcia or Brunell. Npw that it's obvious new coaching has done nothing for Drew I'd have taken anyone. Shane Matthews would not be worse than bledsoe. I don't doubt that at all.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

We had Arians his first year, dumped him and brought in Graham, replaced him with Hollis. Then, when Hollis bolted for the Giants, replaced him with Lindell.

Now, the results of these kickers have sucked, but he has brough in kickers. on the K situation, I'll fault him for the 4-year deal he gave Lindell, probably a reason he didn't dump him this offseason.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Right now, I think we can all say agree that we overpaid for Bledsoe. Whether or not he was the best player available - overpaying a divisional foe is always a bad move and thus should be considered one.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HenryRules
                            Right now, I think we can all say agree that we overpaid for Bledsoe. Whether or not he was the best player available - overpaying a divisional foe is always a bad move and thus should be considered one.
                            I'd take Slash over him right now
                            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Jeff Blake.

Comment

Working...
                              X