PDA

View Full Version : Here it is - My first prediction for 2005

Ebenezer
09-19-2004, 07:44 PM
I am not totally giving up on this team but I am looking at some really hard facts.

1. This team lost 2 very winnable games.
2. They lost those games because they could not score enough points.
3. They did not score enough points because the line cannot run nor pass block.
4. When the line does pass block Drew Bledsoe cannot find an open receiver.
5. There is not an open receiver because the Bills don't trust the offense to play downfield.

So, where does that leave us and how does it get back to Moulds? From all early signs 2004 is the end of the Drew Bledsoe era. The team either lacks confidence in him to play deep or the offense itself is incapable of playing deep. Either way, that is no good. Come 2005, Drew will be another year older. He is not going to get any better. They will have too much invested in a old quarterback on a team that is still rebuilding. No need to get the rest of the team good just in time to bring in a raw rookie. Now, Moulds counts over $7mil against the cap in 2005 and $8mil against the cap in 2006. The Bills need cap space next year and even if they got rid of Drew they would not create enough. At that point they will have to go to Moulds to renogotiate his deal. Why would he? TD gave him this deal and Moulds would be in no position to give anything back. What are the Bills going to do, threaten to cut him?? I'm sure there would be a host of suitors out there just waiting with bated breath to sign Moulds, probably at a raise. Can you imaging Moulds on the market? Can you imagine him with a real QB?

So. Without cynacism, here is my bottom line. I predicted 8-8 (with the Bills going 1-7 on the road, beating the Raiders). They lost two winnable games. Show me where they are going to win 7 more this season. This is a 6-10 team at best. Bledsoe and Moulds are gone after 2004 and this team will continue to rebuild. Whether TD notices it or not he just jumped into the boiling pot of water...and the fire is lit.

FTG
09-19-2004, 07:46 PM
I agree with you EB. We will be rebuilding around a new young core of players so why keep that cap hit for an aging vet

FTG
09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
By the time we're good again Moulds will be on the downside of his carreer.

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Don't forget Henry. Henry will also be riding that train out of town, and probably with a smile on his face.

Which will mean: Green HC; green QB; green RB; .....

To be perfectly honest with you, it doesn't make me horribly upset. Perhpas some young fresh talent will spark this offensive enough to play better than what I've seen from a couple of all pros the past couple of weeks.

Bring it on.

Typ0
09-19-2004, 07:51 PM
how about the part of the analysis where it talks about Moulds dropping balls and not making plays in the last two weeks?

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm ready for the Losman era. There are winners and losers, Drew will never make this team a winner. He has the talent and the ability, but can't muster enough leadership skills to pull it all together. It's time to let him retire, let Moulds find a team that can get him to the big one, and time to get a solid OL (or 2) out of Henry in a trade.

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
how about the part of the analysis where it talks about Moulds dropping balls and not making plays in the last two weeks?

Moulds also injured hi hand in that fumble last week, something that was kept low key. I believe that may have effected his game somewhat. What's everyone elses excuse? I have no idea.

mchurchfie
09-19-2004, 08:00 PM
If it is time to rebuild next year I hope it is by anyone but Donahoe. He has failed miserably with this team.:down: No excuses for Moulds just like no excuses for Bledsoe. They are our supposed bigtime players...big time players make big plays to win games when they are needed..both of them stunk up the joint today. Moulds has to get his head out of his ass starting with that fumble last week. Time to cut our losses with Bledsoe, he has been given plenty of time to get his act together and is NOT the answer anymore.:down:

tampabay25690
09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm ready for the Losman era. There are winners and losers, Drew will never make this team a winner. He has the talent and the ability, but can't muster enough leadership skills to pull it all together. It's time to let him retire, let Moulds find a team that can get him to the big one, and time to get a solid OL (or 2) out of Henry in a trade.

Its funny but Bledsoe didnt lose last weeks game did HE????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did he lose this weeks game??????????????????

I see a team that is very UNDISCIPLINED, if the Bills won last week we wouldnt even have this discussion about Bledose cause he played alright last week...........................So get off his ass.....

I will be the 1st one to say I am not a big Bledsoe fan but he hasnt lost us any games this year......FACE it the team might not be that good yet....

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Its funny but Bledsoe didnt lose last weeks game did HE????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did he lose this weeks game??????????????????

I see a team that is very UNDISCIPLINED, if the Bills won last week we wouldnt even have this discussion about Bledose cause he played alright last week...........................So get off his ass.....

I will be the 1st one to say I am not a big Bledsoe fan but he hasnt lost us any games this year......FACE it the team might not be that good yet....

Did you see him NOT throw the ball to Sheldon, when he was wide open in the end zone last week? Bledsoe looked right at him then took the sack.

Fault = Bledsoe

Ebenezer
09-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Did you see him NOT throw the ball to Sheldon, when he was wide open in the end zone last week? Bledsoe looked right at him then took the sack.

Fault = Bledsoe
got to stand up for Bledsoe on that one...the LB had it read...had Bledsoe thrown the ball with the intention of a completion that one would have been taken back for a TD...

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 08:30 PM
correct...Shelton was not wide open

thenry20
09-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Stupid mistakes and idiocy are killing this team!

Are these guys eating popcorn and fried chicken on the sidelines?

:fury:

ArcticWildMan
09-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Moulds is the most over rated Rcvr in the NFL. Double team him, he can't get open. Throw him a perfect pass, he'll drop it. Let him break open after a catch, he'll fumble it.

No other "big time" Rcvr in the NFL has so many bad habits.

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 08:39 PM
got to stand up for Bledsoe on that one...the LB had it read...had Bledsoe thrown the ball with the intention of a completion that one would have been taken back for a TD...

Phil / Eb...

Perhaps we're talking about different plays...

That play in the endzone last week on 3rd down, when Bledsoe was sacked, there were two Bills open on the left side. I believe it was Moulds along the back line, headed for the side line, and I thought it was Shelton right at the goal line, sitting pretty, not a Jaguar within 5 yards of him. Bledsoe looked at him, did his crappy double pat, then turned inside to find the sack.

I was sitting on the endzone and had a perfect view from the 200 section. He was open. Looked open in the replay on ESPN as well.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 08:41 PM
nope..same play...he was only sacked once in that game. Someone posted a pic he had taken at the game last week...showed a LB clearly a yard or two beyond Shelton, waiting in the end zone. I can almost guarantee if Drew had thrown that pass, it would've been intercepted.

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
nope..same play...he was only sacked once in that game. Someone posted a pic he had taken at the game last week...showed a LB clearly a yard or two beyond Shelton, waiting in the end zone. I can almost guarantee if Drew had thrown that pass, it would've been intercepted.

Ok, I need to see that pic, but if Drew had releases the ball quickly on that play (like it's designed), Shelton most lieky scores. I'm certain of it. Everybody in the section was booing and hissing Drew's decision.

The_Philster
09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
they would've been hissing, booing, and throwing things had he thrown the pick. Looking at the position of the players in the pic, I was reminded of the final play in the Bills-Miami game in Buffalo in 96. Kelly fired a pass to Reed, T-Buck was waiting on it, picked it off and ran it back for a TD.

mchurchfie
09-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Ok, I need to see that pic, but if Drew had releases the ball quickly on that play (like it's designed), Shelton most lieky scores. I'm certain of it. Everybody in the section was booing and hissing Drew's decision.

I TOTALLY concur with you on that play Red. I saw the whole thing..Shelton was WIDE OPEN with no one on him at first...Drew looked RIGHT at him amd then looked the other way. I was flabbergasted that a so called Pro QB could not make that read and throw. The LB closed right after that but if Bledsoe makes the throw right away, it's a TD no doubt about it and we are at least 1-1.