PDA

View Full Version : My post game thoughts

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't feel like responding to 18 different threads so I will Spew my thoughts on the game here:

1. The o-line stinks. I was expecting it to be horrible in pass protection, but I wasn't expecting Henry to constantly be getting hit .0000001 seconds after he was handed the ball. I really don't think I have to expand on this as any rational fan with a pair of eyes can see that they blow.

2. Drew. It's amazing to me that this guy is still a starting QB in this league. Yes, the O-line is not good, but Drew cannot make something out of nothing, or at the very least throw it away when he is being pressured 13 yards behind the LOS. Even when he had adequate time, it seemed like he was always underthrowing the WRs... Kinda like he was sleep deprived, drunk, or just plain sucks.

3. TD. I was apprehensive of the acquistion of Bledsoe before it was actually signed in stone. I have never liked Bledsoe. I simply never feared him when the Bills played New England. However, a supported TD, as I am not a know-it-all. But when you decide on making a statue the center piece of your offense, at least have the know how to put a capable o-line in front of him. Drew Bledsoe + a sub-par o-line is offensive suicide, I don't care how good the Wrs and RBs are.

4. Coaching. A lot of people seemed to have the "anyone but GW" syndrome. I guess I was one of them, but I would have rather had Weiss or TC. Right now, I would much rather have TC over Mularkey because of all the undisciplined play. MM doesn't get in anybody's face. Sure, it is not neccessary to be an authoritative coach (see Bill B.) However, Bill B. is always dealing with players who perform. Also, was anybody else impressed with McGaheee? I thought he made some nice plays when given the opportunity. I think it is poor decision making to not play Willis more. He is at least as good as Henry. Willis has more ability to make something out of nothing and that is especially helpful with a shaky o-line.

5. Bend-but-don't-break D (and this reflects on coaching, although the lack of turnovers I blame mostly on the players.)

Basically, I'm pretty much looking past the Bledsoe error, and towards the Losman-McGahee-Evans era.

tampabay25690
09-19-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't feel like responding to 18 different threads so I will Spew my thoughts on the game here:

1. The o-line stinks. I was expecting it to be horrible in pass protection, but I wasn't expecting Henry to constantly be getting hit .0000001 seconds after he was handed the ball. I really don't think I have to expand on this as any rational fan with a pair of eyes can see that they blow.

2. Drew. It's amazing to me that this guy is still a starting QB in this league. Yes, the O-line is not good, but Drew cannot make something out of nothing, or at the very least throw it away when he is being pressured 13 yards behind the LOS. Even when he had adequate time, it seemed like he was always underthrowing the WRs... Kinda like he was sleep deprived, drunk, or just plain sucks.

3. TD. I was apprehensive of the acquistion of Bledsoe before it was actually signed in stone. I have never liked Bledsoe. I simply never feared him when the Bills played New England. However, a supported TD, as I am not a know-it-all. But when you decide on making a statue the center piece of your offense, at least have the know how to put a capable o-line in front of him. Drew Bledsoe + a sub-par o-line is offensive suicide, I don't care how good the Wrs and RBs are.

4. Coaching. A lot of people seemed to have the "anyone but GW" syndrome. I guess I was one of them, but I would have rather had Weiss or TC. Right now, I would much rather have TC over Mularkey because of all the undisciplined play. MM doesn't get in anybody's face. Sure, it is not neccessary to be an authoritative coach (see Bill B.) However, Bill B. is always dealing with players who perform. Also, was anybody else impressed with McGaheee? I thought he made some nice plays when given the opportunity. I think it is poor decision making to not play Willis more. He is at least as good as Henry. Willis has more ability to make something out of nothing and that is especially helpful with a shaky o-line.

5. Bend-but-don't-break D (and this reflects on coaching, although the lack of turnovers I blame mostly on the players.)

Basically, I'm pretty much looking past the Bledsoe error, and towards the Losman-McGahee-Evans era.

Boy I have to agree with you, going into the game I told my wife it was a bad weekend anyway my Gators got ripped off last nite against Tenn...So I said today Im gonna be ready for the Bills to lose....But I didnt have to worry cause the BILLS forgot to get off the plane anyway.....Our punter made the best play of the day...........Good for him....Thats all I have to say cause Im drunk and very unhappy again!!!!!

But Thanks JAX you were my BIG play of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$