PDA

View Full Version : Offical TD has to GO NOW thread

Jayhawk
09-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Damn, wow this has really worked. Let's bring in TD, and not sign an offensive lineman that likes to block. Trade for a qb that hangs onto the ball too damn long. Trade our first round pick for qb that might be another year off. Draft a runningback when we already had a damn good one. :shocked:

WHAT? this guy is supposed to know what he is doing?

FIRE HIM NOW Mr. Wilson. HEck let Van Miller be the gm, he couldn't do any bloody worse.

Turf
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Count me in. I don't care if anyone likes what I say. TD has failed. I've been on his side but the proof is here. His plan, drafting, and product suck.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Funny ... this offseason, there were a lot of people calling me and Cynical overeager for saying this was a put up or shut up year for TD (not saying either of you two were one of them - I honestly can't remember). Now it seems that a lot of people are saying he needs to go and none of the people that called Cynical and I out (DD, Philster are two that come to mind) are sticking up for TD.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Funny ... this offseason, there were a lot of people calling me and Cynical overeager for saying this was a put up or shut up year for TD (not saying you two were one of them - I honestly can't remember). Now it seems that a lot of people are saying he needs to go and none of the people that called Cynical and I out (DD, Philster are two that come to mind) are sticking up for TD.
:up:

Turf
09-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Funny ... this offseason, there were a lot of people calling me and Cynical overeager for saying this was a put up or shut up year for TD (not saying either of you two were one of them - I honestly can't remember). Now it seems that a lot of people are saying he needs to go and none of the people that called Cynical and I out (DD, Philster are two that come to mind) are sticking up for TD.

I don't take sides, couldn't be me :; I just speak the truth hurt though it might. TD has failed.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Won't happen Ralph Wilson made him PRESIDENT and GM of this team he has total confidence in him.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Won't happen Ralph Wilson made him PRESIDENT and GM of this team he has total confidence in him.

I have a few thoughts about this.

Ralph gave TD a 5-year contract. I think having a GM go into the final year of his contract is foolish - it opens the door for him to overly sacrifice the future for the sake of the current year in order to get a better record and thus a renewal on his contract.

That said, I think under normal circumstances, TD should be evaluated after this season and (if things continue) not renewed. However, I agree with you that Ralph will most likely not fire him (although when he sees the season ticket renewal rate, that may change). But there is no way he will extend him after this season.

So we go into next season with a GM who has made a lot of bad decisions scrambling to get into the playoffs in order to keep his job (no matter how much Ralph likes TD, I can't see him renewing him after 5 non-playoff seasons). That's a very scary thought IMO.

Iehoshua
09-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Give Tom the boot. He hasn't gotten it done. Its nothing against him personally, he was just incapable of building a winning ballclub in Buffalo. Period.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Give Tom the boot. He hasn't gotten it done. Its nothing against him personally, he was just incapable of building a winning ballclub in Buffalo. Period.Well....he did build a 17-33 ballclub, and is currently riding a 5 game losing streak since last year. That's gotta count for something. :;

Iehoshua
09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Well....he did build a 17-33 ballclub. That's gotta count for something. :;

Yeah I guess technically it could have been worse...

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah I guess technically it could have been worse...
Yep. It's like saying you could have drowned in a pool instead of a bathtub.

Jayhawk
09-20-2004, 12:53 AM
yeah we could be Cleveland

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 01:04 AM

I'm sorry- I didn't realize I had to run to the computer every day to post to satisfy ya.

I'm still in TD's corner. He has acquired a solid defense and managed the cap well from where he took over.

G Dub was a bust, and I'm not going to run these coaches out after 2 games. The OL sucks, but I'm not going to pay Woody $28 million or whatever he got.

Woody now or Schobel for the next 5 years? I'll stand by TD's decision.

mchurchfie
09-20-2004, 01:04 AM
The game has passed TD by...get him the :curse: out of here before he jeopardizes the future of this club any further.:bigwave:

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Oddly- 2 yards are between us and 2-0 right now.

mybills
09-20-2004, 01:08 AM
I disagreed with Ingtar (sorry bud) two years ago. We'd have a QB ready to go by now if they did things my way! :snicker:

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 01:08 AM
It's no use arguing- you can cry all year if ya like, or remain optomistic. I'm not going to have a brain anurism over it.

Just curious- using the 20/20 - how would you have built the team over the past 3 seasons?

Be specific- don't give me 'I'd bring in a QB, OL, DE, DL, LB's, and Joe Gibbs....."

Gimme something realistic.

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 01:10 AM
I disagreed with Ingtar (sorry bud) two years ago. We'd have a QB ready to go by now if they did things my way! :snicker:

who? Got a name?

NapalmDeath
09-20-2004, 01:11 AM
I am not ready to throw in the towel yet with TD. But I would have reworked the o-line better. ANd I would have cut Pucillo last year.

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 01:14 AM
I am not ready to throw in the towel yet with TD. But I would have reworked the o-line better. ANd I would have cut Pucillo last year.

I would have liked to get my hands on a good center- move Teague to guard.

BIGDAWG
09-20-2004, 03:14 AM
I Agree

HenryRules
09-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm still in TD's corner. He has acquired a solid defense and managed the cap well from where he took over.

G Dub was a bust, and I'm not going to run these coaches out after 2 games. The OL sucks, but I'm not going to pay Woody $28 million or whatever he got.

Woody now or Schobel for the next 5 years? I'll stand by TD's decision.

What has he done to manage the cap well? Take a look at what Mike Williams, Drew Bledsoe, Willis McGahee, Rian Lindell, Pierson Prieaulou and Trey Teague are costing us against the cap this year and next. If we can't afford Woody for his contract, then what do you think about Williams and his 6 mil hit next year? Does that $300K that we saved from Hollis look like a sound investment?

And also, why does it have to be Schoebel v. Woody? Why can't it be Drew and McGahee v. Woody with a couple mil to spare? I'd take Woody in those circumstances.

As to what could be done differently, Donahoe's failures start with the draft. We have gotten next to no help from the 2002 and 2003 draft class. I'm not expecting every pick to be perfect, but here's a sampling of players that were available and would have helped us for those first day picks (not all the better choices, just the choices that would fit us right now and came to mind with a quick glance - i.e. I don't name Clinton Portis):

Mike Williams - Bryant McKinnie, Levi Jones, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed. McKinnie and Jones may not be a whole bunch better than Williams, but they were also available later and show that Williams was not worth where he was picked.
Josh Reed - Andre Gurode, LeCharles Bentley, Tank Williams
Ryan Denney - Deion Branch, Antwaan Randel El, Seth McKinnie

Willis McGahee - Eric Steinbach, Eugene Wilson, Vince Manowei. What's our weakest OL position? Would Steinbach or Manowei help us out?

Hmm ... two Bengals picks made that list (and both OL) ... wonder why they're a team that is showing promise?

Asking much from the 2nd and 3rd rounders last year is a bit much ... but none of the 4 picks listed is helping us the way they should.

So specific moves in a realistic world? Our starting O would be:
WR - Moulds
LT - Levi Jones
LG - Smith/Tucker (still a weakness, but stronger everywhere else)
C - Kendall (In a dream world, Kendall is at LG and LeCharles Bentley is our C or vice versa, but I tried to be realistic, not perfect)
RG - Manowei
RT - Jennings
TE - Campbell
WR - Deion Branch
FB - Shelton
RB - Henry
QB - my top two choices would be Warner or Collins to go with JP. Guys like Blake, Stewart, or Quincy Carter would be just as successful as Bledsoe is right now.

There's definitely cap savings with that offense (money saved on Williams by trading down, Teague + Villerial = Kendall + Manowei, McGahee isn't there, Bledsoe's contract is worth more than Warner's and I think Collins would have signed a cheaper deal if given the opportunity to start). The OL is much improved IMO and improving. I've also gone with the assumption that we picked up Bledsoe with a 1st still, so there's that pick if you want to really improve.

I don't know everyone that's been a free agent over the last little while, but with those moves we've got some cap space kicking around to improve at DE (I don't have time to go through the list of available guys over the past few years there).

At the end of the day, about 20 other GM's have made the playoffs during Donahoe's time here and that's all that really needs saying.

I've told you how Donahoe could improve ... would you mind telling me which GM's you think have done a worse job?

elltrain22
09-20-2004, 06:14 PM
TD should be fired if we go belly up this year. Our team is a mess, not to mention, most of the draft picks, and FA signings have been total busts.