What's the point in having Willis McGahee if you don't use him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

What's the point in having Willis McGahee if you don't use him?

For the last two weeks, the Bills have tried to run the ball with Travis Henry and have gotten nowhere. We have another running back who is better around the tackles and good for sweeps, but yet they continue to use Henry for that. Henry couldn't get in the endzone last week both times and couldn't get in this week. Why aren't they mixing it up? We have two very good backs and Willis McGahee has a lot of power and would be a nice change of pace back. Is it just me or does anyone else think that Willis would have ran the ball in for the touchdown today?
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

because TD doesn't have a bloody clue what he is doing. Someone dig up Pappa Halas or Knute Rockne please? they could do better.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
      For the last two weeks, the Bills have tried to run the ball with Travis Henry and have gotten nowhere. We have another running back who is better around the tackles and good for sweeps, but yet they continue to use Henry for that. Henry couldn't get in the endzone last week both times and couldn't get in this week. Why aren't they mixing it up? We have two very good backs and Willis McGahee has a lot of power and would be a nice change of pace back. Is it just me or does anyone else think that Willis would have ran the ball in for the touchdown today?
      I don't know if he would have gotten it in, but I am a little surprised/dissapointed they haven't been using him much.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

I think he could have punched it in. I mean what happened to the old fashioned goalline leap. Payton and Emmitt used to do it so much and it was so effective. Henry could have gotten in by using that on his play but he tried to push over 2000 pounds forward. That isn't going to happen. Willis just has a nose for the goalline and IMO would have found a way to get it in. Not to mention, he is a superb blocker and picks up blitzes well. Henry sucks at it. He got Drew killed 2 times that I can remember and Willis can at least chop the blitzer down.......Willis will be our guy. He looked good when he was in there too.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

I agree, Mikey. There was a lot of talk before the season of the one-two punch we could have with TH and WM, but it just hasn't materialized so far. We're not utilizing our personnel to the greatest advantage. TH on sweeps?

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
            • Aug 2004

yeah but let's not pass Henry off as a dud yet. If he has one more bad game, then I will

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Take this a bit further and explain why the hell neither Willis nor Evans gets anywhere near the PT some of these other bums get. Id rather dump Reed, Bledsoe, and Henry and go with: Evans, Losman, McGahee and S. Williams as the new offense. Atleast they seem to have the ability to make big plays happen.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Coach Tuesday
                • Jan 2004

Should've taken Steinbach with that pick. Come to think of it, should've taken Roy Williams over Mike Williams. Donahoe is hanging himself by his own batard, or whatever the saying is...

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Tuesday
                  Should've taken Steinbach with that pick. Come to think of it, should've taken Roy Williams over Mike Williams. Donahoe is hanging himself by his own batard, or whatever the saying is...
                  Not Roy Williams. We couldn't afford to have a safety with the #4 pick. We should've drafted McKinnie.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                    • Aug 2004

and by the way, I do know that TD doesn't dictate the coaching decisoions.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Not Roy Williams. We couldn't afford to have a safety with the #4 pick. We should've drafted McKinnie.
                      He didn't want to play in Buffalo
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Jim Kelly didn't want to either.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Roy Williams is a stud. His team (Dallas) is better because of him.

How many games have we lost already this year due to lack of a solid safety?

We didn't need Williams (or McKinnie). Marcus Price is better than either one.

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            With 6-10 teams ever year, who will? If Donahoe didn't feel that Williams was the 4th best player and would have been available later, he should have traded down and grabbed him (even if he didn't get a pick with it - which would be unbelievable - we would have saved cash on his contract). The fact that Donahoe took Williams at #4 removes the excuse of McKinnie not wanting to play here.

Did the Chargers get hurt because Eli didn't want to play there? That's how a good GM handles the situation.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Jim Kelly didn't want to either.
                              refresh my memory...was our GM at that time saying that he simply would stay away from people who didn't want to be here...like TD did?
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X