PDA

View Full Version : If Losman is healthy do you think we would give him the start week 4?

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-19-2004, 09:12 PM
If Losman is healthy do you think we would give him the start week 4?

Michael82
09-19-2004, 09:14 PM
If Losman is healthy do you think we would give him the start week 3?
You should re-phrase that. If Losman never was injured in the first place, would Mularkey start Losman over Bledsoe in week 4 against the Patriots.

ANSWER: No. Bledsoe gets one last chance against the Pats and if he blows, then you bench his ass. :ill:

RedEyE
09-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Won't happen. Bledsoe will keep his job unless he's injured.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Choices 2 and 3 are the same. :snicker:

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Won't happen. Bledsoe will keep his job unless he's injured.

Agreed, unfortunetly

BILLS4LIFE#12
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I would definitely start Losman,but our coaches would NEVER pull Drew. :rolleyes1:

ArcticWildMan
09-19-2004, 09:52 PM
I would definitely start Losman,but our coaches would NEVER pull Drew. :rolleyes1:

Losman won't be ready by week 4 so it's all a moot point.

Keep in mind, Mularkey had Drew forced on him. I highly doubt he wanted to waste time trying to model an offense around him.

Until TD admits Drew is done, he'll be our starter. Mularkey's hands are tied.

colin
09-19-2004, 10:38 PM
i don't want losman to get hurt behind this crap line. we really need to get something out of mike williams, but our whole team is demotivated at the moment.

anyhow, the biggest proble we have is our running game,

we have run 60 times for 162 yards, granted we were in against stout tackles the whole way, but holy crap we should be able to convert some 3rd downs on the ground, and punch it in the endzone.

bledsoe has been a statue, our line can't protect a damn thing, our WRs starting with moulds have been ball dropping goons, and we have no tight ends worth mentioning. all that being said, if we get SOME kind of production on third and short running the ball and show ANY ability to punch it in the endzone, we go 2-0 against a Jags team that just beat Denver, and a tough road game against oakland.

WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL, BOTTOM LINE SIMPLE AS THAT.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Keep in mind, Mularkey had Drew forced on him. I highly doubt he wanted to waste time trying to model an offense around him.

Until TD admits Drew is done, he'll be our starter. Mularkey's hands are tied.
Bingo. Exactly right.

Ebenezer
09-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Scream for Losman all you want...then go back and look at the preseason tape...I'll take Ingtar's word on it...the kid is not ready to play in the NFL.

Charlieguide
09-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Bingo. Exactly right.

No, way off base.

The problems with the team are obvious: when TRAVIS HENRY is only getting 3 ypc, DREW BLEDSOE can't find OPEN RECEIVERS -- including ERIC MOULDS, and gets SACKED SEVEN TIMES, the problem isn't with the QB. There were times when he had more than two seconds to throw the ball, but there were an awful lot more times when he didn't . . . I counted.

Concentration & frustration are obviously becoming serious issues, as well.

And let's not forget that the coaches tried to go for a TD on 4th and goal from short yardage . . . and ran right at Ted Washington. As much as we've wanted to see the running game carry the team, everybody in the league knows you don't run on Ted! If you do, you turn it into a flea-flicker or something, but you do NOT expect to move Big Ted at the goal line, especially if Trey Teague is your C. And the draw play on 2nd and 24 . . . what the hell was that??

Don't fall into the predictable pattern of blaming QB's and thinking the next guy in line will fix things. We had enough of that five years ago. Fix the root problem, not the symptoms.

NapalmDeath
09-20-2004, 01:06 AM
No, way off base.

The problems with the team are obvious: when TRAVIS HENRY is only getting 3 ypc, DREW BLEDSOE can't find OPEN RECEIVERS -- including ERIC MOULDS, and gets SACKED SEVEN TIMES, the problem isn't with the QB. There were times when he had more than two seconds to throw the ball, but there were an awful lot more times when he didn't . . . I counted.

Concentration & frustration are obviously becoming serious issues, as well.

And let's not forget that the coaches tried to go for a TD on 4th and goal from short yardage . . . and ran right at Ted Washington. As much as we've wanted to see the running game carry the team, everybody in the league knows you don't run on Ted! If you do, you turn it into a flea-flicker or something, but you do NOT expect to move Big Ted at the goal line, especially if Trey Teague is your C. And the draw play on 2nd and 24 . . . what the hell was that??

Don't fall into the predictable pattern of blaming QB's and thinking the next guy in line will fix things. We had enough of that five years ago. Fix the root problem, not the symptoms.

Nice Post!

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 01:42 AM
Scream for Losman all you want...then go back and look at the preseason tape...I'll take Ingtar's word on it...the kid is not ready to play in the NFL.You're probably right T. But at least he would be getting experience for next season. Playing Drew is a complete and total waste of time at this point....we won't win and he'll be gone next year....so we gain nothing.