PDA

View Full Version : Who gets cut?

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Some sort of message needs to be sent to the team this week. This play cannot go unpunished and I think there are various players that are candidates to get cut.

Who are your calls to get cut?

I say Crowell is gone.

Btw, this is one reason that I think coaches need to have power over the GM. Once in a while, a move needs to be made (like cutting Crowell) that may lessen the long-term ability of the team, but gives the shock/attitude adjustment that is needed to get the best out of the rest of the team.

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 10:49 PM
I'd be in favor of cutting anyone if there is a better replacement. I think the only possible way to do this is Lindell and maybe Drew. There's got to be someone out there who can kick a football through uprights more consistently than Lindell.

Crowell shouldn't be cut just for one boneheaded play. That's what second year players do.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I'd be in favor of cutting anyone if there is a better replacement. I think the only possible way to do this is Lindell and maybe Drew. There's got to be someone out there who can kick a football through uprights more consistently than Lindell.

Crowell shouldn't be cut just for one boneheaded play. That's what second year players do.

Two boneheaded plays. The guy is on the team for his special teams contribution and he cost us huge in that area. IMO, he cost us this game just as much as Lindell cost us game #1. And I also think the potential negative impact of cutting Crowell is less than that of cutting Lindell (Lindell is at least pretty good inside the 40 - back in the days of Arian, we didn't even have that).

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Two boneheaded plays. The guy is on the team for his special teams contribution and he cost us huge in that area. IMO, he cost us this game just as much as Lindell cost us game #1. And I also think the potential negative impact of cutting Crowell is less than that of cutting Lindell (Lindell is at least pretty good inside the 40 - back in the days of Arian, we didn't even have that).

What was the second one? I just remember the holding on the return, and wanting to kill him.

HenryRules
09-19-2004, 10:58 PM
What was the second one? I just remember the holding on the return, and wanting to kill him.

I believe he had both of our holding penalties on returns. If it was just one, I would say no big deal, but to get two, when you're only contribution to the team is special teams, is too many. So if I'm wrong, and he only had the one, then I agree, Crowell should not be cut.

Jayhawk
09-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Crowell, and anyone on the oline that didn't do their job.

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Cut Crowell...bring back Stevenson.

Mad Bomber
09-20-2004, 06:26 AM
I believe he had both of our holding penalties on returns. If it was just one, I would say no big deal, but to get two, when you're only contribution to the team is special teams, is too many. So if I'm wrong, and he only had the one, then I agree, Crowell should not be cut.

Crowell had one holding penalty; the other was on Haggan. However, since his job is special teams, he should be able to do it without costing us. I think he should be cut if we have someone better to do the job.

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Crowell had one holding penalty; the other was on Haggan. However, since his job is special teams, he should be able to do it without costing us. I think he should be cut if we have someone better to do the job.
We did...but we cut him :cynic:

RedEyE
09-20-2004, 05:32 PM

:bow:

RedEyE
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM
I absolutely hate Lindell. The only way he could ever help us is if he joined one of our rivals. Cut the Jackass.

Michael82
09-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Gregg Williams convinced Washington to sign him. :mad:

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040907-120836-4099r.htm

Washington did pick up linebacker Dominique Stevenson off waivers, according to a source familiar with the move. Stevenson, who was released by the Buffalo Bills, is known as an adept special teams player. Clifton Smith was cut to make room for Stevenson, who played in Buffalo for former Bills coach and current Washington assistant head coach for defense Gregg Williams.

Michael82
09-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Gregg Williams convinced Washington to sign him. :mad:

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040907-120836-4099r.htm
Oh he's available again. Scratch that...

The Redskins released linebacker Dominique Stevenson and signed linebacker Devin Lemons off the practice squad. Kimrin took Lemons' spot.

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040917-111409-7302r.htm

Bill Brasky
09-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Some sort of message needs to be sent to the team this week. This play cannot go unpunished and I think there are various players that are candidates to get cut.

Who are your calls to get cut?

I say Crowell is gone.

Btw, this is one reason that I think coaches need to have power over the GM. Once in a while, a move needs to be made (like cutting Crowell) that may lessen the long-term ability of the team, but gives the shock/attitude adjustment that is needed to get the best out of the rest of the team.

Cut the entire ****ing line... they don't block anything anyways.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 01:27 PM

I thought Stevenson got picked up.

I also thought Haggan got called on the other hold.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I thought Stevenson got picked up.

I also thought Haggan got called on the other hold.

Damn, I should read the entire thread before posting.

Oh, and I always thought that the final personel decisions WERE made by the coach.

The_Philster
09-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Damn, I should read the entire thread before posting.

Oh, and I always thought that the final personel decisions WERE made by the coach.
they are...we have a bunch of conspiracy theorists here. :cynic: