PDA

View Full Version : Find me some positives from the Oakland game...

Ebenezer
09-19-2004, 11:20 PM
OK...go ahead, list them below.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:21 PM
It's over?

FTG
09-19-2004, 11:21 PM
It's 1 game closer to the end of the Bledsoe era :up:

kgun12
09-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Oaklands cheerleaders are smokin!

Tatonka
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
our kick returns were excellent.. special teams played well except for 2 idiots who held.. the worst part was.. neither hold contributed to the run back at all and were not needed.

but i still count the actual returns by mcgee and clements as positives.

chernobylwraiths
09-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Positive: Although called for penalties twice on big returns, they DID get a couple of big returns. Although I thought the defense looked entirely too soft today they still have only given up 26 points in two weeks. The Bills stopped the longest streak in NFL history of consecutive games with a catch. Incidentally, I think during the Bills heyday, they held Rice to one catch and knoched him out of the game on that catch a long time ago. They finally used Evans and he delivered, seems good things happened to the Bills when they actually threw it long. Drew has had one interception in two weeks and even that wasn't entirely his fault. I'm all out now.

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Our d is solid

Charlieguide
09-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Drew has had only one INT in two weeks, but FTG and pals think he's at fault . . . go figure.

How about the way the DB's played? There were a couple of burns, but they were guys like Rashad Baker. Coy Wire sniffed out an option pass, and looks ready to take the reins.

My favorite play in the game: Fletcher's kickoff return. He absolutely leveled the first guy to hit him!

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Was it Milloy who got burned on the TD pass?

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Was it Milloy who got burned on the TD pass?

I agree we need Milloy. Wire BLOWS!

kgun12
09-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Drew has had only one INT in two weeks, but FTG and pals think he's at fault . . . go figure.

How about the way the DB's played? There were a couple of burns, but they were guys like Rashad Baker. Coy Wire sniffed out an option pass, and looks ready to take the reins.

My favorite play in the game: Fletcher's kickoff return. He absolutely leveled the first guy to hit him!

Are you kidding me. You want to throw rocks at any part of the defense. So Drew only had one INT, that's because he either hold hit to long or it's such a bad pass no one can catch it! Our defense has only given up 26 points our offense has only scored 20 in 2 games. Look at the kids playing QB in this league, Carr (get as much as Drew) Harrington, Palmer, Don't blame the D the offense is kill us. As the say the QB get too much credit for the win and too much blame for a loss. Right now he gets the blame!

FTG
09-19-2004, 11:47 PM

!
There is a lot more to rate a QB's play on than how many int's he throws. Something like uhhhhhhhhhhhh...................how many points they score.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:49 PM
I agree we need Milloy. Wire BLOWS!
I think you misunderstood my post. Who got burned? It wasn't Coy was it?

justasportsfan
09-20-2004, 12:03 AM
D was the same as last year. Solid but cannot pick up the slack made by the O. I wonder if Spikes wishes he never left the Bengals.

Lee Evans. We have a great future w/ him and Losman.

Moulds has outdone his TD's from last year.

I think our O can get better, but I am convinced that although Drew will have some good games, he will still be the same old Drew that will be the Drew that when he sucks, he really sucks.

socalfan
09-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Run defense looked good with both types of Raider backs, Wheatley and Z. The pass defense is okay, but will improve with Malloy's return. Special teams punt coverage and kick off return coverage was good.

kgun12
09-20-2004, 12:07 AM
D was the same as last year. Solid but cannot pick up the slack made by the O. I wonder if Spikes wishes he never left the Bengals.

Lee Evans. We have a great future w/ him and Losman.

Moulds has outdone his TD's from last year.

I think our O can get better, but I am convinced that although Drew will have some good games, he will still be the same old Drew that will be the Drew that when he sucks, he really sucks.

:clap:

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Finally saw the replay on the td pass by gannon..it was baker who got his ass burned. :mad:

socalfan
09-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Yep. You got to wonder what he was thinking about back there. It was almost as if he didn't think Gannon could throw it that far. He sort of stopped then tried to get going again.

Jayhawk
09-20-2004, 01:34 AM
you could drink heavily during it

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 04:57 AM
A cricket smiley is needed.

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 05:02 AM
There is a lot more to rate a QB's play on than how many int's he throws. Something like uhhhhhhhhhhhh...................how many points they score.
not defending Drew, cause he had a bad game, but last I checked, there's more than the QB on offense, is there not? :idunno:

Historian
09-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Our punter is the best quarterback on the active roster.