PDA

View Full Version : You people are so predictable

Charlieguide
09-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Seriously, I could have told you as the game was going on the names of every person to jump to their computer and race to be the first one to post the anti-Bledsoe message of the minute.

"Maybe if I'm first," you think, "I'll get the most replies and all the ZB's!."

Or maybe some of you actually think that Bledsoe is the problem. I don't know who taught you to watch football, but I suspect he was sitting across the bar from me, yelling at Bledsoe when he took a sack only 1.5 seconds after getting the ball. Yes, 1.5 seconds. I didn't even get to two, counting one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two . . . WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?!?!

What about the fact that he threw for nearly 200 yards, and has had only one pick in two games?

Last year, people hated him for holding the ball too long, then got angry when he tried to force it and got picked. This year, the same thing is happening. But this year, Henry can't pick up yards. And, as if to negate Drew's obviously quicker "head clock," the OL has shortened their clock, as well.

So to all you armchair quarterbacks out there: I challenge you to see the entire game. Watch every player, get inside their heads, ask yourself why things happen the way they do. Then dig deeper, and find out what's at the root of it all. I guarantee you, changing one player isn't the answer (unless, perhaps, his name is Teague).

Of course, after you do all that, be sure you're the first one to the computer, so you can make yourself look insightful, rather than unoriginal.

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Good for you Miss Cleo. Fact is, Bledose sucks.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Of course, after you do all that, be sure you're the first one to the computer, so you can make yourself look insightful, rather than unoriginal.
Just like you are the first with the Ostrich post, knowing you will get tons of replies and ZBs?

Charlieguide
09-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Good for you Miss Cleo. Fact is, Bledose sucks.

:roflmao:

you sure are smart, Natrix.

s-m-r-t smart.

FTG
09-19-2004, 11:55 PM
You know what I hate. Arrogant fans that act like they know more than anyone else.

Bledsoe ****ing sucks moose balls.

Charlieguide
Just like you are the first with the Ostrich post, knowing you will get tons of replies and ZBs?

Ostrich post? :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR

What are you talking about man??

Charlie isn't in the club man!

The Natrix
09-19-2004, 11:57 PM

Exactly. Nothing like 7 long-winded paragraphs of anti - anti -Bledsoe garbage to fetch 7 pages of thread.

FTG
09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Seriously, I could have told you as the game was going on the names of every person to jump to their computer and race to be the first one to post the anti-Bledsoe message of the minute.

If you knew that why did you even bother to come read what us mindless idiots have to say. :rolleyes:

socalfan
09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
You know what I hate. Arrogant fans that act like they know more than anyone else.

Bledsoe ****ing sucks moose balls.

Is this a kettle calling a pot black??

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Exactly. Nothing like 7 long-winded paragraphs of anti - anti -Bledsoe garbage to fetch 7 pages of thread.
Stop feeding him zbs.

Doh, I just did by saying this. :doh:

Charlieguide
09-20-2004, 12:00 AM

Then steal them. What do I care?

I've made my point, and now everyone will reply with the same things they've already said in other posts. It's the way things work on message boards.

kgun12
09-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Remember that long pass to Moulds/ If Drew hits him in stride Moulds score. Instead Moulds had to slow down cacth the ball behind him, by that time DB's caught up. Sorry don't like him if S. Matthews can move at ll I say use him! Yes he had forever to throw the ball. How about the pass in the flats to Henry at his feet and behind him. Ok there were times he didn't get enought time and were not saying he did, but I remember 2 sacks the rush was coming right up the middle RIGHT F##*ing at him and he just doesn't have the ability to move. Stonewall Bledsoe has seen better day Not to many but I guess there were a few good game through out his career.

Sorry man NEVER liked him NEVER will!

FTG
09-20-2004, 12:02 AM

I have not called anyone stupid for thinking Bledsoe is still good. I think they are wrong and will tell them that.
I won't write some dumb ass 7 paragraph post patting myself on the back as the only knowledgeable football fan on the board

kgun12
09-20-2004, 12:05 AM

I've made my point, and now everyone will reply with the same things they've already said in other posts. It's the way things work on message boards.

FTG
09-20-2004, 12:07 AM
What about the fact that he threw for nearly 200 yards, and has had only one pick in two games?

Who cares if we average 10 points a game. Drew has only turned the ball over once. Yippee!

Charlieguide
09-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Who cares if we average 10 points a game.

Exactly: there are other problems at work, here. OL, dropped passes (the pick was a Henry deflection!), playcalling, CONFIDENCE!

I'm not saying Bledsoe is throwing perfect games, and I'm certainly not "patting myself on the back as the only knowledgeable fan on the board," what I'm saying is that I'm not surprised that certain individuals make a habit of criticizing -- if not slanderizing -- Bledsoe when the problems run much deeper than that.

And I still don't get the "ostrich" thing. It's a club?

The Natrix
09-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Exactly: there are other problems at work, here. OL, dropped passes (the pick was a Henry deflection!), playcalling, CONFIDENCE!

I'm not saying Bledsoe is throwing perfect games, and I'm certainly not "patting myself on the back as the only knowledgeable fan on the board," what I'm saying is that I'm not surprised that certain individuals make a habit of criticizing -- if not slanderizing -- Bledsoe when the problems run much deeper than that.

I certainly realize there are other problems. It's just that Bledsoe also gets no blame from some and also he was the easiest problem to fix. There were options out there this offseason but TD didn't even consider them it seems. Namely Brunell and Garcia (who I think would be a great mentor for Losman.) Warner couldn't have been any worse, or Kitna, or... The list goes on.

FTG
09-20-2004, 12:20 AM

Fine but when you start talking about some dummy yelling at Drew for not throwing the ball away in 1 second and comparing us to him it's kind of insulting. We are not that stupid.
If you bother reading other threads we've been saying the same things you just said about the OL, dropped passes and playcalling. And you're right about confidence too. Thats my biggest beef with Drew. His is shot and I don't think he's gonna get it back.

peace!

kgun12
09-20-2004, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=Charlieguide]Exactly: there are other problems at work, here. OL, dropped passes (the pick was a Henry deflection!), playcalling, CONFIDENCE! QUOTE]

That pass to Henry was a little high, maybe he would have caught it if Drew didn't throw it 100 mph! Only 20 points in 2 games that fall directly on the shouldes of Stonewall.

Charlieguide
09-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Peace.

I'm seeing a total lack of confidence across the offense. They needed the win today. The battle in the trenches (i.e. the OL) is won and lost with emotion, and our guys aren't faring well. I hope Mularkey has some kind of Levy-esque speech prepared for the bye.

mchurchfie
09-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Peace.

I'm seeing a total lack of confidence across the offense. They needed the win today. The battle in the trenches (i.e. the OL) is won and lost with emotion, and our guys aren't faring well. I hope Mularkey has some kind of Levy-esque speech prepared for the bye.
Confidence starts with the QB. He is the one that sets the pace and makes things happen, that is why they pay them the big bucks. This guy is too cerebral, he lacks any kind of fire and it carries across the rest with the offense. His time has passed.:down:

socalfan
09-20-2004, 12:46 AM
I think he isn't cerebral enough. And that's why his time is over.

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 12:54 AM

:rofl:

Dozerdog
09-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Brett Favre wouldn't help this offense. There would be Grass stains on the back of a #4 jersey instead of a #11.

We couldn't push it in from the 1- that is what killed this team. 2 weeks in a row. 2 lousy yards and we're undefeated.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 02:14 AM
I think people keep mixing the issue. Nobody here is disagreeing the oline sucks. Nobody here is disagreeing that there is alot more wrong with the offense besides Drew. And we agree having Favre would not take us to the playoffs (at least I hope we all agree).

What some people (like me) are saying is that Drew is done, regardless of the outcome of the games. His throws looked terrible even when he had the time. You really can't blame that on anyone but him.

So when people say get rid of him, I know I am not saying that because I think he caused the losses. I am basing my choice solely on his performance. I watched the game very carefully and I focused alot on his mechanics, timing, accuracy and decisions. Put simply he was awful. Seriously...if you go back and look at the replays you will see what I mean. He just doesn't have it anymore. Better to get someone else in there than to continue watching his decline. This won't guarantee wins because like we all know, there are many other problems. But at least we'd be one step (of many) closer.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 04:55 AM
You actually predicted that Bills fans would be completely pissed and bummed after a game like that? Wow, that is good.

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 05:05 AM
You actually predicted that Bills fans would be completely pissed and bummed after a game like that? Wow, that is good.
He predicted that people would seem to forget that there's more than just the QB on offense.

R. Rich
09-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Ostrich post? :idunno:

I guess they're implying that you "have your head in the sand" about Bledsoe.

I think he looked worse than yesterday, but I can't pin all of the blame on one player for what we saw yesterday.

Tatonka
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM

why even take the time to make that point? i mean since you are all knowing about what posts would be on this board.. you should be all knowing and realize that no one cares about the few people who still have their heads buried in the sand on the bledsoe issue.. right?

doesnt really matter what we think though.. the bills will continue to lose games until the oline is fixed and bledsoe is released.

hopefully jp losman gets in some games this year.. either way.. i dont see how tom donahoe keeps his job.. he will be looking for work at the end of the season. bledsoe will be out of a job too.. but he will probably retire to his ranch in montana with his kids and wife.. why not? he has already drained the pats of millions.. and the bills too.. all for breaking some yardage records.. good work.. almost as big a sham as rob johnson pulling 25 million out of the bills for looking good in about 4 games in 5 years.

FTG
09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
He predicted that people would seem to forget that there's more than just the QB on offense.

and he was wrong in his prediction because the OL, playcalling, Dropped passes etc have been getting critisized too. You guys go ahead and keep saying we are blaming it all on Drew. It's a lie and the posts don't back it up.

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I think people keep mixing the issue. Nobody here is disagreeing the oline sucks. Nobody here is disagreeing that there is alot more wrong with the offense besides Drew. And we agree having Favre would not take us to the playoffs (at least I hope we all agree).

What some people (like me) are saying is that Drew is done, regardless of the outcome of the games. His throws looked terrible even when he had the time. You really can't blame that on anyone but him.

So when people say get rid of him, I know I am not saying that because I think he caused the losses. I am basing my choice solely on his performance. I watched the game very carefully and I focused alot on his mechanics, timing, accuracy and decisions. Put simply he was awful. Seriously...if you go back and look at the replays you will see what I mean. He just doesn't have it anymore. Better to get someone else in there than to continue watching his decline. This won't guarantee wins because like we all know, there are many other problems. But at least we'd be one step (of many) closer.
The posts are starting to get a little longer each time............. :eek:

He's almost all the way back.

SABURZFAN
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM

"Maybe if I'm first," you think, "I'll get the most replies and all the ZB's!."

Or maybe some of you actually think that Bledsoe is the problem. I don't know who taught you to watch football, but I suspect he was sitting across the bar from me, yelling at Bledsoe when he took a sack only 1.5 seconds after getting the ball. Yes, 1.5 seconds. I didn't even get to two, counting one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two . . . WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?!?!

Last year, people hated him for holding the ball too long, then got angry when he tried to force it and got picked. This year, the same thing is happening. But this year, Henry can't pick up yards. And, as if to negate Drew's obviously quicker "head clock," the OL has shortened their clock, as well.

So to all you armchair quarterbacks out there: I challenge you to see the entire game. Watch every player, get inside their heads, ask yourself why things happen the way they do. Then dig deeper, and find out what's at the root of it all. I guarantee you, changing one player isn't the answer (unless, perhaps, his name is Teague).

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!THE FIRST NAME I'LL FRIGGIN MENTION IS TOM FRIGGIN DONAHOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4 FRIGGIN YEARS HERE AND WE FRIGGIN STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF???????????????????? :mad:

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 12:45 PM
why even take the time to make that point? i mean since you are all knowing about what posts would be on this board.. you should be all knowing and realize that no one cares about the few people who still have their heads buried in the sand on the bledsoe issue.. right?

doesnt really matter what we think though.. the bills will continue to lose games until the oline is fixed and bledsoe is released.

hopefully jp losman gets in some games this year.. either way.. i dont see how tom donahoe keeps his job.. he will be looking for work at the end of the season. bledsoe will be out of a job too.. but he will probably retire to his ranch in montana with his kids and wife.. why not? he has already drained the pats of millions.. and the bills too.. all for breaking some yardage records.. good work.. almost as big a sham as rob johnson pulling 25 million out of the bills for looking good in about 4 games in 5 years.
Agreed.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 12:45 PM

:shakeno:

Philagape
09-20-2004, 01:00 PM
While agree that Drew had a horrible game, that he made a half-dozen bad plays that were entirely his fault, I'm not making the leap to say his career his over, only because he did have a good game last week. He's had one good game and one bad game this season; however, there have been penalties, drops, O-line breakdowns and secondary blunders in both games, so I think those need to be addressed first.

Hemlepp53
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM

I agree Problems are deeper than Drew. I personally am a Fan of the Bills and as Long as Drew Plays for us I'm A Fan Of His. Again I think we can do better on all levels of gameplay. If we replaced Drew it would have to be someone other than Shane.. I personall dont think Shane has it in him to do much better than Drew has being the shortcommings we as a TEAM as had this season.

Hemlepp53
09-20-2004, 01:13 PM
While agree that Drew had a horrible game, that he made a half-dozen bad plays that were entirely his fault, I'm not making the leap to say his career his over, only because he did have a good game last week. He's had one good game and one bad game this season; however, there have been penalties, drops, O-line breakdowns and secondary blunders in both games, so I think those need to be addressed first.

:clap:

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 06:41 PM
and he was wrong in his prediction because the OL, playcalling, Dropped passes etc have been getting critisized too. You guys go ahead and keep saying we are blaming it all on Drew. It's a lie and the posts don't back it up.
yet why the stupid posts claiming that there are people excusing Drew from all blame? There aren't any...everyone notices the problems...it's just that certain people want to make out like they know all and that it's always all on the QB.

:rofl: I'd give ya rep for that but I can't right now

FTG
09-20-2004, 06:46 PM
yet why the stupid posts claiming that there are people excusing Drew from all blame?

There are a couple that are. Not many but a couple. The artist formerly known as saviorbledsoe to name one.

FTG
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Brett Favre wouldn't help this offense. .

:roflmao: dumbest statement I've heard on this board

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 07:52 PM
There are a couple that are. Not many but a couple. The artist formerly known as saviorbledsoe to name one.
i've seen him give Bledsoe some blame...not as much as he deserves, mind you...but I'd wager one of the reasons he defends him as much as he does is because of the severe Bledsoe hatred shown by some members of the board. :idunno:

Patti120
09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Maybe we should bring Joe Ferguson out of retirement

Mad Bomber
09-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Brett Favre wouldn't help this offense. There would be Grass stains on the back of a #4 jersey instead of a #11.

We couldn't push it in from the 1- that is what killed this team. 2 weeks in a row. 2 lousy yards and we're undefeated.

A lot of posts on this thread have focused on Drew. This one hits it on the head.

Our problem is that WE CAN"T RUN THE DAMNED BALL!

If we could, it would take a lot of pressure off our QB. Play action would actually start to work. We wouldn't be in 2nd and 9 after every 1st down run.

This was supposed to be a run-first offense under MM. So far, our running game has flat out SUCKED.

To me, that is the main cause of our offensive woes this year.

DaBills
09-20-2004, 10:24 PM
"Confidence starts with the QB. He is the one that sets the pace and makes things happen, that is why they pay them the big bucks. This guy is too cerebral, he lacks any kind of fire and it carries across the rest with the offense. His time has passed."

Just on the run comment, I think we have run far more than we would have two years past. Sunday I saw more run-dominated drives than three-passes and out from last year. I would like to see more runs to the outside though instead of up the gut the majority of times. AND LOSE THE DAMN REVERSE!

Back to comment above. Don't know if his career is over, but the confidence thing comes from the QB and everyone on the O feeds off it. Brett Favre wouldn't make a dif? Whoa, the O-line actually blocked fairly well in the first half, and a Favre would've certainly taken advantage. That guy's a winner and many players have said how they don't want to let that him down in key situations. I have not heard any guys talk that way about Bledsoe in the media.

Bledsoe moved and relaeased the ball better in the first half, but then things disintegrated. I thought he had something to prove this year?

A simple fact is that all we had to do is score TWO td's in two weeks and we win. Some of the Bledsoe defenders say it's other reasons. Maybe, but a LOT of is him. How many passes did he throw at the feet or behind receivers even with time? Be honest. He has no touch with balls 10 yards or less, it's obvious. He can chuck it deep, and that's it. I would take Testaverde over Bledsoe, even with Drew being younger. Thing is, even with the D giving up 2 scores in each game, it's a moot point if our O scores.

Just to be kind to the Drew lovers, here's a non-Drew comment: the D right now is not playing great and is only strong enough to contain the run. We are not putting enough pressure on QBs. It's better than last year, but not where it should be. The secondary is porous and against a great throwing team will give up far more points.

At least we punt deep.