PDA

View Full Version : Grade the Coaching

Ebenezer
11-08-2002, 11:07 AM
Simple: Grade the coaching (HC and assistants)

BillsNYC
11-08-2002, 11:11 AM
C

LtBillsFan66
11-08-2002, 11:16 AM
Gilbride - B
Williams - C (Game decisions F, who really knows what goes on behing the scenes)
Gray - F

BillsNYC
11-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
Gilbride - B
Williams - C (Game decisions F, who really knows what goes on behing the scenes)
Gray - F

i agree

RedEyE
11-08-2002, 11:19 AM
~~~~~~~~~>C- or average at best. The 5 wins keep the coaching staff from receiving a the D.

WG
11-08-2002, 11:39 AM
5 squeaker wins too.

Lack of preparedness on both sides, poor adjusting, one-dimensionality, etc.

Offense C
Defense F
STs C

Overall D

IMO our coaching is the weakest link of this team. How much is that going to hurt us next season when we have closer to an all-star lineup in there?

I realize I'm out on a virtual island w/ my offensive call. But I see a Bledsoe/Moulds/Price threesome that is carrying this team on the merits of them simply being better man-for-man than their opposition. I disagree w/ many posters that Gilbride is doing anything in particular to help the O do more than what it's gonna do thru talent mismatches alone. MO.

Earthquake Enyart
11-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Special Teams C wys???

They made enough mistakes in the Jet game alone to get an F for the year. I hope it starts snowing soon so they an run over Smith with a snowplow.

I wonder what grade Ralph would give em?

Ebenezer
11-08-2002, 11:53 AM
High power offense hiding obvious problems. The work of Gilbride and VanKlerick pull this up from an F.

Judge
11-08-2002, 11:53 AM
The coaching staff deserves a full season for a true review. Despite what many believe, the staff must be given credit for the improvement in victory total. Players simply can't win alone- a coaching staff that prepares them and makes the players believe in the system installed is vital.

5-4 says it all: major improvement from last year by a coaching staff that has its players believing in and committed to what is happening here, but unanswered questions that will be resolved over the next 7 games largely by how the coaching staff addresses issues.

don137
11-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Gilbride- B Let's the players provide there input but sometimes abandons the run too early in games

Gray- F Took a step back this year

Smith-C Has improved since the beginning of the year but needs to make more bg plays

Williams- D Does not seem to make good decisions during the games.

WG
11-08-2002, 01:05 PM
Judge,

"Despite what many believe, the staff must be given credit for the improvement in victory total."

Do you correspondingly feel that they must also then be given "credit" for any performance declines such as on our D?

How much does the fact that Bledsoe is here affect that assessment? Ie., suppose they didn't have Drew, would we still br 5-4? It would seem to me that if it was all/mostly the coaches, then we'd be doing about the same w/o player upgrades, no?

Not tryin' to pick a fight, but am tryin' to pick your nose, ...er...a..., brain! :D

WG
11-08-2002, 01:08 PM
I guess one could ask the same question in reverse as well. If this was the team on the field last year, would we have still been 3-13?

Last season through the first 9 games, we lost two games by 3 points and two more by 6. If the talent that we have would have made the difference, then we'd have been 5-4 then too. All of those losses were against nominal foes.

Rude American
11-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I realize I'm out on a virtual island w/ my offensive call. But I see a Bledsoe/Moulds/Price threesome that is carrying this team on the merits of them simply being better man-for-man than their opposition. I disagree w/ many posters that Gilbride is doing anything in particular to help the O do more than what it's gonna do thru talent mismatches alone. MO.

I'm on the island with you because I agree 100%. Stop eating all the damn coconuts and save me some eh?

BillsOwnAll
11-08-2002, 01:35 PM
we need to have more big plays becuase when we go deep we have a good chance at getting a TD. i noticed in the Pats game we didnt go deep at all and lost. the def is still young and will learn in a few years. ST we need a FG K(Hollis) and a NEW KO K cuz hollis isnt good at it

overall i gave us a C but i think we improved tons from last year :phew:

WG
11-08-2002, 01:43 PM
That may be true BOA, but we also need to learn to control the clock and set up a nice long drive that can take some time off the clock.

When all you do is pass, and a good chunk of that is purely heaving the ball downfield, regardless of whether or not it gives us a good chance for a TD or not, that does not always contribute to the team's overall performance, particularly when we're in the state that we're in, eh. We can't stop anyone. So if we put up 7 in :90 while the other team does the same in 8:00, that can be problematic. IMO.

Besides, when you live by the big-play like that, you inevitably die by the same big-play, or lack of it.

mybills
11-08-2002, 09:49 PM
I suppose we'd only know what each week's plan is, if we were coaching these games ourselves. But since we're NOT, and you're asking for an overall grade on all of them, I'd have to give them an average of about a D. I don't seem to mind the "pass happy" thing against certain teams (B)..hell, I won 300 zb's guessing that would happen! :D
I don't think the D coaching is talented at all (F), special teams (C) they HAVE improved, and while I give a (B) to the O coaches, there's the QB coaching too. What can I say? I don't believe that stats make or break a QB. McNabb will run it on his own if need be, doesn't mean he is not as good a QB as Drew. When you run it in for a T.D. yourself as a QB, (which Drew will never do) you know where the numbers are going, right? I will give the QB coaches a (D) just for thinking that Drew can handle everything just because he's a veteran. GW gets an (F) from me, just because he's an F.

So, B, F, C, D, F = D?

WG
11-09-2002, 04:48 AM
Sounds like we're getting ready to have music lessons here... :D

Very nice summary mybills!!

Marcos20
11-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Offense B
Defense F
Special Teams D

SABURZFAN
11-09-2002, 08:24 PM
gilbride is the only one with a passing grade.fire the rest of those idiots.

Ebenezer
11-11-2002, 07:38 AM
bump