PDA

View Full Version : So, was the problem really Gilbride?

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 08:22 AM
After two games it would appear that Gilbride wasn't completely at fault to me.

Đ²
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Yep it was OL' Gilbride

Drewpac
09-20-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm starting to think we don't have the personnel for "any" system. If you notice, although Henry runs hard, he's not a "power" back. Henry's best runs are on draw plays, which worked well within Gilbride's throw it all over the place offense. The problem is, Drew, the WRs, and the O-Line couldn't execute that type of offense. Now we bring in the power running/short passing offense. And now, Henry, Drew, the WRs, and the O-Line can't execute this type of offense. I guess what it comes down to is that we just plain suck.

Pride
09-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I am just hoping that Mularky has seen enough, and is willing enough, to make appropriate changes.

I appreciate the fact he is running a hard nosed ground attack, but he also has to put his WR's in the best position to excel. 8 yards curls are NOT their strength! There has to be a happy medium between Gilbride's offense, and what we currently have.

More Slants, More Outs, More Flys.

Less sweeps, more between the tackles. More screens.

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM
After two games it would appear that Gilbride wasn't completely at fault to me.
No line and a statue for a QB hampers anybody...but Gilbride was terrible too.

Đ²
09-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I liked what they did with stretching the routes to free up moulds over the middle

All they need to do is execute, now...

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I liked what they did with stretching the routes to free up moulds over the middle

All they need to do is execute, now...
We need G. Gordon Liddy to follow that order...

alohabillsfan
09-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, if it's not the system, it's not the coach, maybe, just maybe it's DREW! Just try someone else please!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
09-20-2004, 09:43 AM
No line and a statue for a QB hampers anybody...

yeah...how many more 1st rounders are we going to give away for QB's? :mad:

Philagape
09-20-2004, 10:14 AM
I'll still take MM/TC over GW/KG every day. There were big problems last year specifically tied to the play calling/formations/scheme.

And I'm not giving up on this season either.
Against the Jags, Drew played well but I think other factors failed.
Yesterday, Drew sucked and other factors failed again.
Right now I'm more worried about the penalties, drops and secondary blunders because we've seen that in both games so far. The O-line is inconsistent to say the least, and the coaches are learning on the job. But I have to hold out a shred of hope that things will start to click soon. :pray: