• Jul 2002

No Henry
    No Moulds
    No Bledsoe
    No Jennings
    No 1st rounder
    No decent tackles on the horizon
    Defensive tackles a year older

For all intents and purposes Losman, McGahee and Evans could gain experience playing in the final 8 games...Of course behind this offensive line all three could end up getting killed.

We better spend the money we save on Moulds and Bledsoe very, very wisely.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

I really hope we don't lose Moulds...

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

It's way too early to give up on this season, Eb, but I see your point. The one thing I hope will happen is a committment to upgrading the talent on the offensive line. It's nice that we added a good OL coach in McNally, but as we've seen so far, we still need better talent up front. A nice free agency addition or a higher than 5th/6th round pick used to upgrade the OL would be just fine.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
        It's way too early to give up on this season, Eb, but I see your point. The one thing I hope will happen is a committment to upgrading the talent on the offensive line. It's nice that we added a good OL coach in McNally, but as we've seen so far, we still need better talent up front. A nice free agency addition or a higher than 5th/6th round pick used to upgrade the OL would be just fine.
        That's just it RR, I haven't given up...it just goes to show there is a longer tunnel and things that TD HAS to address and soon. Even McNally can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          No Henry
          No Moulds
          No Bledsoe
          No Jennings
          No 1st rounder
          No decent tackles on the horizon
          Defensive tackles a year older
          No Donahoe would be nice too.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            That's just it RR, I haven't given up...it just goes to show there is a longer tunnel and things that TD HAS to address and soon. Even McNally can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers...
            Exactly. That is one of the main reasons why going into this season I have said I feel the Bills are a 'work in progress'. Just as I feel that my Nittany Lions are a year away from really contending in college football, I think the Bills are too. Now, if this team was devoid of talent, I'd say it would taken longer, but we all know this team has some talent (though it could use more on the OL). We also know that talent alone won't get it done. I feel the pieces should all fall together by next year and then we will be ready to contend. I'll be very happy to be wrong and have this year's Bills win it all, but I didn't go into this year expecting that to happen. Now, next year will be a whole different story.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Exactly. That is one of the main reasons why going into this season I have said I feel the Bills are a 'work in progress'. Just as I feel that my Nittany Lions are a year away from really contending in college football, I think the Bills are too. Now, if this team was devoid of talent, I'd say it would taken longer, but we all know this team has some talent (though it could use more on the OL). We also know that talent alone won't get it done. I feel the pieces should all fall together by next year and then we will be ready to contend. I'll be very happy to be wrong and have this year's Bills win it all, but I didn't go into this year expecting that to happen. Now, next year will be a whole different story.
              hopefully...we need to addrress the OL very very badly...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Now, next year will be a whole different story.
                Exactly how long have we been saying this now...? 2, 3 years?

Next year, next year next year next year next year. Next year is NEVER coming folks. Time to build a team to WIN NOW.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                  Exactly how long have we been saying this now...? 2, 3 years?

Next year, next year next year next year next year. Next year is NEVER coming folks. Time to build a team to WIN NOW.
                  Sorry Darth, but that's my opinion. Look at how we lost both of those games and then ask yourself if New England or Philly would have lost them that way. Those teams have talent, sure, but have also been playing together in a system they're comfortable with and have been in situations like the ones the Bills were in enough to know what to do and how to end up on the winning end of them. I think they'll learn that over the course of this year and will be really ready to make a title run.............well, you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X