PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills were 2-0

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
and had beaten Jax 10-6 and the Raiders 14-10 (just making up the scores)...

would you have the concerns that we all have after the 0-2 start...I would. I would still be rather worried about the lines and DB...

:feedback:

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Honestly, I would be much more relieved that we could still overcome the poor QB play in game two. They HAVE to try to go deep at least three to four times a game.

LtBillsFan66
09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Good point.

I'd still be concerned.

It's easy to "if and and but" situations. The bottom line is yes there were those "few plays" that could have made the difference in each game, but there were also plenty of squandered opportunities. That's NOT how to win in the NFL.

FTG
09-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I'd still be concerned but I'd feel a little more comfortable because we'd have a margin of error to work with. We don't anymore

And I can't bye the if this or this had happened because if we had squeeked those games out the Jags and Raiders would be able to say if only this or this happened. It's always that way in close games. The better team usually finds a way to win.

R. Rich
Would I be concerned about the offense's limited ability to move the football and put points on the board? Would I be concerned about Bledsoe going back to his old ways of holding onto the ball, misfiring w/wide open receivers available to him, or taking sacks he doesn't need to? Would I be concerned about the offensive line's continuing problems in pass protection which seem to be spilling over into the run blocking? Would I be concerned about the WRs, ALL of them, dropping passes left and right? Would I be concerned about the still inconsistent and weak around the edge pass rush? Would I be concerned about Troy Vincent looking a step or two slower and getting to plays late? Would I be concerned about the play of our safeties? Would I be concerned about a kicker who looks like he has zero confidence?

Nah.

Valerie

would you have the concerns that we all have after the 0-2 start...I would. I would still be rather worried about the lines and DB...

I know I would. Just because your team wins doesn't necessarily mean they're good. A win just keeps you alive in the playoff hunt, but a crappy team is still a crappy team, regardless of whether or not you win.

Frankly, I think a lot of the quarterbacks out there now suck! I've never seen such bad games from several QBs. Drew definitely sucks, but there are others who are just as bad. The only difference is some of the other teams have been fortunate to win a game or two.

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Would I be concerned about the offense's limited ability to move the football and put points on the board? Would I be concerned about Bledsoe going back to his old ways of holding onto the ball, misfiring w/wide open receivers available to him, or taking sacks he doesn't need to? Would I be concerned about the offensive line's continuing problems in pass protection which seem to be spilling over into the run blocking? Would I be concerned about the WRs, ALL of them, dropping passes left and right? Would I be concerned about the still inconsistent and weak around the edge pass rush? Would I be concerned about Troy Vincent looking a step or two slower and getting to plays late? Would I be concerned about the play of our safeties? Would I be concerned about a kicker who looks like he has zero confidence?

Nah.

That's right. We would all be as optimistic as Rich. :D

German
09-20-2004, 11:08 AM

No, not really.

I tell you why too. Look at what NE did the first time they won the SB.
They managed to win it all with players that most of the 'experts' were saying were below average.

I think you can accomplish anything you set your mind to once you start believing in yourself. That's what NE did back then and I believe that would be the case with the Bills IF those two games had gone the way you said.

tampabay25690
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Good point.

I'd still be concerned.

It's easy to "if and and but" situations. The bottom line is yes there were those "few plays" that could have made the difference in each game, but there were also plenty of squandered opportunities. That's NOT how to win in the NFL.

Yea but 2-0 looks much better then 0-2....But this team has more then that they have the lack of desire to win is what I see.....THANK god we have a bye coming up.....I just hope the team pulls together and comes off the bye with some emotion...

SABURZFAN
09-20-2004, 12:23 PM
we were 2-0 last year and we had a poster criticize areas in our team.people got pi$$ed and ran him out on a rail.it just goes to show that that 2-0 start was a fluke.we've picked up where we left off from last year.

we're STILL a lousy football teams. :mad:

justasportsfan
09-20-2004, 12:24 PM
I'd rather win ugly than lose ugly.

finsrclowns
09-20-2004, 12:30 PM
I'd rather win ugly than lose ugly.

Word. Outside of Oakland, how many people think "tuck rule" when they think of NE winning 2 of 3 SB's? It's not how it's how many. Yeah you need to play well at the end of the year but in the meantime you just need W's, however you can get 'em.