PDA

View Full Version : What does it say as Bills fans...

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 10:23 AM
when people want to turn the keys over to a guy that was not even in a training camp 4 weeks ago and the league left for dead...For the next three games I'll live and die with Drew...There was a reason Matthews was out of football...just like there was a reason Van Pelt was out of football until Flutie got hurt...

LtBillsFan66
09-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Who wants Matthews to start?

FTG
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Fine, live and die with him for another 3 weeks. And if we are 0-5, Drew is still playing like a QB with zero confidence and the O is struggling to put 10 points on the board?

Patrick76777
09-20-2004, 10:36 AM
when people want to turn the keys over to a guy that was not even in a training camp 4 weeks ago and the league left for dead...For the next three games I'll live and die with Drew...There was a reason Matthews was out of football...just like there was a reason Van Pelt was out of football until Flutie got hurt...

The problem is, Football is the only sport where you don't bench a player who is not playing well. If this were hockey and he was a goalie or any player for that matter, you'd stick him on the bench for a game or two. Same thing in Baseball and Basketball. But in football, for some reason it's unheard of to take your starting QB out of the game.

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2004, 10:39 AM
The problem is, Football is the only sport where you don't bench a player who is not playing well. If this were hockey and he was a goalie or any player for that matter, you'd stick him on the bench for a game or two. Same thing in Baseball and Basketball. But in football, for some reason it's unheard of to take your starting QB out of the game.

One reason and one reason only. In football you only have 16 games. You don't do wake up calls in football. You don't do shake up the lineup moves in football. Each game is too precious. Yes Precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Patrick76777
09-20-2004, 10:41 AM
One reason and one reason only. In football you only have 16 games. You don't do wake up calls in football. You don't do shake up the lineup moves in football. Each game is too precious. Yes Precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Well then if you go by that thinking, you wasting precious games by playing a slumping player.

It's kinda thinking out of the box.

R. Rich
09-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Maybe someone from the Zone can start against the Pats.

FTG
09-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Each game is too precious. Yes Precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Exactly! Thats why we should not play a player who has zippo confidence.

FTG
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Maybe someone from the Zone can start against the Pats.

I'll settle for shane Matthews

R. Rich
09-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Why settle for Matthews? I'm sure there's tons of good QBing talent here at the Zone. Any number of people can do better for us than Drew. Just ask them.

The_Philster
09-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Why settle for Matthews? I'm sure there's tons of good QBing talent here at the Zone. Any number of people can do better for us than Drew. Just ask them.
:bf1:

FTG
09-20-2004, 06:04 PM

:rolleyes: Could you please link me to the posts of people saying they could be a better QB than Dredsoe. I missed them :rolleyes:

elltrain22
09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
I would rather have Zolman play as opposed to Bledsoe. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he is the same idiot who gets sacked 100 times a game, fumbles every other sack, and can't get our team to move the sticks.

ScottLawrence
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM

Yea its pretty pathetic how a journeyman quarterback can perform just as well as a "potential" hall of famer.

Im all for Matthews starting. Smarter, more mobile, and quicker to make decisions than Bledsoe.

FTG
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I would rather have Zolman play as opposed to Bledsoe. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he is the same idiot who gets sacked 100 times a game, fumbles every other sack, and can't get our team to move the sticks.

Now you're going to be accused of thinking you could be a better QB than Bledsoe by Drews lovecrew.

RedEyE
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm not a Shane Matthews advocate either, but please explain to me how he could possibly do any worse?

FTG
09-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Yea its pretty pathetic how a journeyman quarterback can perform just as well as a "potential" hall of famer.

Im all for Matthews starting. Smarter, more mobile, and quicker to make decisions than Bledsoe.

So you think you're better than Bledsoe to eh

G. Host
09-20-2004, 06:24 PM

Are you sure? See lots of experts of blowing hot air but throwing passes, I do not

HenryRules
09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
What does it say about our offense when we've put up 10 points in each of 2 games, are completely healthy, and supposedly have our best players on the field?

How much worse can an offense possibly be?

LABillzFan
09-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm not a Shane Matthews advocate either, but please explain to me how he could possibly do any worse?

That could quite possibly be the last thing I heard a Dolphin say just before halftime of the Fish opener last week.

"Let's put Feeley in. I can't possibly see how he could be worse."

LABillzFan
09-20-2004, 07:22 PM
What does it say about our offense when we've put up 10 points in each of 2 games, are completely healthy, and supposedly have our best players on the field?

How much worse can an offense possibly be?

The offense isn't the reason we only put up 10 points in two games; Bledsoe is. Haven't you been reading? Clearly, if Shane Matthews was in at quarterback yesterday, Henry would have scored that touchdown on 4th and inches. If Shane was in two weeks ago, Vilarrial NEVER would have had that crucial holding penalty when McGahee got the big first down that would have let us run off the clock.

But please stop blaming the offense. This is all Bledsoe's fault and clearly most every person in the world knows it.

illusionone
09-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Fine, live and die with him for another 3 weeks. And if we are 0-5, Drew is still playing like a QB with zero confidence and the O is struggling to put 10 points on the board?
OK

1. What your alternative
2. And if theres a chance you find one, what makes you think he's going to do any better under a sub-par o-line.

TigerJ
09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm not ready to say Matthews should start the next game, but I think time is growing short for Bledsoe to prove he can function behind Buffalo's poor offensive line. No, Mtthews doesn't have an NFL arm, but Drew's not throwing downfield anyway. The problem is Drew's starting already to get that "deer in the headlights" look, and virtually every team Buffalo faces from here on out is going to blitz on about every other play until Bledsoe proves he can handle it.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
It says we've had enough.

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 11:48 PM
It says we've had enough.
regrettably, we don't have much choice. do we? as Parcells said, "You can't call 1-800-Dial a Player and get one, can you?"

Tatonka
09-21-2004, 12:00 AM
regrettably, we don't have much choice. do we? as Parcells said, "You can't call 1-800-Dial a Player and get one, can you?"

if we could, bledsoe would have been gone along time ago.. as well as half our oline.

R. Rich
09-21-2004, 07:12 AM
:rolleyes: Could you please link me to the posts of people saying they could be a better QB than Dredsoe. I missed them :rolleyes:

C'mon, FTG.......you can't miss them! They're right there next to the "R. Rich is a card-carrying member of the Drew Bledsoe Fan Club" threads. Geez.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I don't think we should yank Drew just yet but we can't say Mathews would be a bad thing either unless you try him. Our offense has been such that we are throwing only 5-10 yds. Isn't that what mathews can do? Drew has been horrible at short throws.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 07:28 AM
I would like to see our offense take at least a couple more chances down field. Who knows if we were going to try that on a couple of those sacks, but in order to get the safeties to play a little deeper on runs, you need to back them up with a couple of deep tries. Like I said yesterday, on those third downs where we are passing and the rush looks like it is coming, Drew has to just up and heave it long. Worst case is interception, but at least it is a long pass.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 08:05 AM
I don't think we should yank Drew just yet but we can't say Mathews would be a bad thing either unless you try him. Our offense has been such that we are throwing only 5-10 yds. Isn't that what mathews can do? Drew has been horrible at short throws.
Dull Fins fans were saying the same thing about Feeley...

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Dull Fins fans were saying the same thing about Feeley...
Does that mean the same will happen w/ Mathews? You're assuming he's not the answer and you may be right but we'll never know unless we try. I still don't think Mathews is the answer but I won't assume that he'll bust either. ONe thing we know for sure is that Drew hasn't gotten the job done.