X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

November 3, 2002

When Bledsoe first arrived in 2002, he tore things up for the first half of the season. During the first 8 games Bledsoe played in Buffalo, the Bills went 5-3 and Bledsoe's numbers were stellar:

8 games, 203-for-318 (63.8%), 2500 yds (7.86 Yds/Att), 16TD, 5INT, 98.3 QB Rating, 30 sacks, 4 fumbles

In the game against the Patriots, Belichick exposed Bledsoe and he hasn't been the same since. The Bills lost that game 38-7, and since that time have gone 9-17. Bledsoe's numbers since that game:

26 games, 476-for-813 (58.5%), 5070yds (6.24 Yds/Att), 21TD, 23INT, 73.3 QB Rating, 81 sacks, 23 fumbles

Look at those numbers. Three times as many games, only twice the yardage, only 5 more TDs but 5 times the interceptions, 6 times as many fumbles and a 5% drop in completion percentage.

You guys are nuts if you don't think Drew is part of the problem. He is completely miscast in Buffalo's run or dump-it-off offense, and they don't have the personnel up front to protect him and let him throw downfield. Drew's confidence isn't there. My best guess is he ends up in Dallas, where Parcells will max-protect him and let him throw it, just like he is doing with Vinny Testaverde.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

It comes down to protection, Where is the O-Line upgrade TD promised? But we're still gonna play out the season and see what this staff can do.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
      You guys are nuts if you don't think Drew is part of the problem. He is completely miscast in Buffalo's run or dump-it-off offense, and they don't have the personnel up front to protect him and let him throw downfield. Drew's confidence isn't there. My best guess is he ends up in Dallas, where Parcells will max-protect him and let him throw it, just like he is doing with Vinny Testaverde.
      You think Bill will give us back our first if we give them Drew now?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I don't know the date but the day it all turned is when Ralph Wilson hired possibly the most irrogant, worst GM in the league. Tom Donahoe.

Traded a 1st round pick for Drew?
        Traded a 1st round pick for Losman.
        Picked a RB that was injuried in R1 and Bills still won't use him now that he's healthy.
        Picked M. Williams in 1st round.
        Hired Gregg Williams for head coach.
        Hired Offensive Wizard MM as head coach. (10 PPG WOW)
        Let Mike Hollis go, Steve Christe, and Shane Gramham go. All better kickers then Lindell.
        Picked Johnson over Flutie, right there tells you the guy is a moron.
        2 key area needs the past 3 years have been OL and DE, has done nothing about this besides release the best OL the Bills have had the past 3 years (R. Brown).

We got no one to blame but the person who is to blame for this mess in Buffalo. TOM DONAHOE.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          You think Bill will give us back our first if we give them Drew now?
          post of the day

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            I don't know the date but the day it all turned is when Ralph Wilson hired possibly the most irrogant, worst GM in the league. Tom Donahoe.

Traded a 1st round pick for Drew?
            Traded a 1st round pick for Losman.
            Picked a RB that was injuried in R1 and Bills still won't use him now that he's healthy.
            Picked M. Williams in 1st round.
            Hired Gregg Williams for head coach.
            Hired Offensive Wizard MM as head coach. (10 PPG WOW)
            Let Mike Hollis go, Steve Christe, and Shane Gramham go. All better kickers then Lindell.
            Picked Johnson over Flutie, right there tells you the guy is a moron.
            2 key area needs the past 3 years have been OL and DE, has done nothing about this besides release the best OL the Bills have had the past 3 years (R. Brown).

We got no one to blame but the person who is to blame for this mess in Buffalo. TOM DONAHOE.
            Wow, not much left to say, this sums it up.
            2001 3-13
            2002 8-8
            2003 6-10
            2004 0-2 so far...

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Picked Johnson over Flutie, right there tells you the guy is a moron..
              Won't argue about Christie...Graham...who knew? Hollis
              Hollis signed a 5-year deal worth approximately $4 million.
              I think he would've been worth keeping (thing is, he's not playing anymore so it's a moot point)

Johnson-Flutie...The coaching staff helped make that call because RJ was willing to do what he was told...learn the West Coast Offense as taught by Mike Sheppard and stick with it. Flutie told the coaches he'd try it but go to what he wanted to do if he didn't like how it worked for him. That made control freak Gregg Williams' decision easy.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
              X