• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Is it possible?

Are we being too harsh on Drew? I didn't like one thing he did yesterday. He looked like a high school QB trying to play with the big boys. However there were a couple of things that led to his horrible preformance.

#1 The OL was blowing blocks left and right allowing the Raiders to drop Drew like a sack of potatoes.

#2 Coaches in the league know that if you blitz Bledsoe on most every play, he panics and can't play very well

#3 This was his first time in Oakland and that place is hard to play in even if you've made the trip several times. You could tell the crowd was getting to him with his stupid time outs.

That being said he still played like the Drew we have some to hate, but I just wanted to point out some extenuating circumstances that may also have contributed to his demise on Sunday.
    Last edited by northernbillfan; 09-20-2004, 12:11 PM.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
    Are we being too harsh on Drew? I didn't like one thing he did yesterday. He looked like a high school QB trying to play with the big boys. However there were a couple of things that led to his horrible preformance.

#1 The OL was blowing blocks left and right allowing the Raiders to drop Drew like a sack of potatoes.

#2 Coaches in the league know that if you blitz Bledsoe on most every play, he panics and can't play very well

#3 This was his first time in Oakland and that place is hard to play in even if you've made the trip several times. You could tell the crowd was getting to him with his stupid time outs.

That being said he still played like the Drew we have some to hate, but I just wanted to point out some extenuating circumstances that may also have contributed to his demise on Sunday.
    Agreed...the offense looks like dog crap...and the defense gives up big plays to 4th stringers...Ronald Curry??? Please.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Ronald Curry was touted before this season as a big time sleeper and up and coming receiver so he's no slouch. He'll be a good one it appears.

I agree with your points NBF but #2 is Drew's fault. He has a very bad tendency and thats to take sacks on blitzes. He curls up and holds on for dear life.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

drew is part of the blame too.taking sacks when he can throw the ball away is getting old too.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Like I said in a different thread, it would be nice if our OL was the only problem. We don't need to have our QB as being part of the problem. He's being paid a huge amount of $$$ not to be part of a problem. There are tons of qb's out there we can hire that would stink up the place for league minimum.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

No. A QB has to step up to the plate and win a game on his own once in awhile. He needs to be held accountable a lot more than what he usually is. Bledsoe makes more mistakes than anyone on that team. Yesterday we were on the Raider's 28 yard line within field goal range (a HUGE maybe with Lindell, I admit) and Bonehead held onto the ball too long trying make things happen and ended up getting sacked taking away any chance for points. A veteran QB has to recognize the situation and throw the ball away to prevent the sack. That three points turned out to be huge at the end of the game. He should have gotten his ass reamed out for that one.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

you can't just throw the ball away when you are still in the "tackle box"...if he is not mobile then he will never get out of there...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Ronald Curry was touted before this season as a big time sleeper and up and coming receiver so he's no slouch. He'll be a good one it appears.

I agree with your points NBF but #2 is Drew's fault. He has a very bad tendency and thats to take sacks on blitzes. He curls up and holds on for dear life.
                Ronald Curry is probably one of the best athletes on that team.. Played QB at Carolina like a 4 year starter also was a starter on the B. Ball team at Carolina and was supposed to be a Two Sport star as one of the Best athletes out of Virginia.. I think.

High School: McDonalds All American MVP and SLAM DUNK Champ, Virginia athlete of the year in two sports, Etc..Etc Check out his Bio.. Best Athlete to come Outta UNC Football in a decade, Including Peppers.

Curry will be a star on That team by seasons end.. Rice may be singing his swann song.
                Last edited by juice; 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• German
                  It doesn't make me any less of a man.
                  • Jul 2002

I'm a diehard Bills fan same as most people in here but I'm wondering how much longer we are willing to make excuses for DB.
                  He had a great first half of the season after he signed with the Bills and it went downhill from there.

I was in the stadium against the Phins last season and what I've seen from him was pathetic. Any 2nd string QB in this league would have looked better than he did.

GW got fired and bring in Mullarkey. Great, a new offensive scheme, the same result.
                  I think we need to face facts and send Drew on his way.
                  I don't know about you guys/gals but I've had it.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                    • Jul 2003

Is it possible? - Are we being to hard on Drew?

NO
                    In Marv We Trust
                    The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan

All good points as it pertains to the reason we lost. However, he still made bad throws and bad decisions when he had time. That's the reason we're not being too hard on him. That's the reason he needs to step down.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        you can't just throw the ball away when you are still in the "tackle box"...if he is not mobile then he will never get out of there...
                        That's what I was saying yesterday. A guy sitting behind me, at the bar, was screaming "throw it away, you idiot!!" Well, the reality was that Bledsoe was still directly behing the center. That's called a penalty. I'm not excusing him by any stretch. He played like crap. The line played like crap too. How many times can Henry and Moulds drop balls? It was getting ridiculous. Yes, some were thrown a little off target, but if you can get two hands on it (which they did) you should be pulling it in. On one play the ball was thrown a little high, but Henry didn't even extend his arms. He "alligator'ed" on that play. That was especially disheartening. 3rd and one.....illegal motion, offsides, etc. The entire offense stunk.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                          That's what I was saying yesterday. A guy sitting behind me, at the bar, was screaming "throw it away, you idiot!!" Well, the reality was that Bledsoe was still directly behing the center. That's called a penalty. I'm not excusing him by any stretch. He played like crap. The line played like crap too. How many times can Henry and Moulds drop balls? It was getting ridiculous. Yes, some were thrown a little off target, but if you can get two hands on it (which they did) you should be pulling it in. On one play the ball was thrown a little high, but Henry didn't even extend his arms. He "alligator'ed" on that play. That was especially disheartening. 3rd and one.....illegal motion, offsides, etc. The entire offense stunk.

2 times on the goal line..... 2 weeks in a row- if we got that yard in both games we would be 2-0

Comment

• socalfan
                            Old Fogey from Cali
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            2 times on the goal line..... 2 weeks in a row- if we got that yard in both games we would be 2-0
                            And if we were 2-0 the board would be lit up with threads like Coaches saved DB!..DB wins! Defense tough! Bills overcome mistakes!.. We're going to the SB! And none of that stuff would be true either.

This season was not expected to be a perfect season....just a season better than last season. And so far it has been. The Bills are at least close at this point. I have some confidence in the offensive play calling, even if I don't agree with some of it. I have confidence in the defensive play calling even if I don't agree with some of it. The Bills are better than last year. If they catch a couple of breaks, their confidence will improve and their position in the standings will improve also.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              drew is part of the blame too.taking sacks when he can throw the ball away is getting old too.
                              nope we're not hard enough on him
                              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

Working...
                              X