PDA

View Full Version : The passing Game

justasportsfan
09-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Now that Evans got one long one under his belt, I hope Mularkey includes him in his schemes now and move Reed in the slot.

Drew is just horrible in short passes. He wasn't so great w/ his long balls either but it gives our wr's a chance to make plays. Campell and Reed up the middle and Reed and Moulds deep on passing plays . That should open up the running game. Sounds good?

Shaw for the little time he was in there did very well :up:

Philagape
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I keep saying, we have deep talent at WR but we're not using it right. Instead of using Campbell and Shelton as short outlets, let's keep them back to help block the inevitable blitz; I have confidence in our WRs one-on-one. I we beat the blitz, we can win; I saw Drew do it at least once last week, so he is capable of it.

Hemlepp53
09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Now that Evans got one long one under his belt, I hope Mularkey includes him in his schemes now and move Reed in the slot.

Drew is just horrible in short passes. He wasn't so great w/ his long balls either but it gives our wr's a chance to make plays. Campell and Reed up the middle and Reed and Moulds deep on passing plays . That should open up the running game. Sounds good?

Shaw for the little time he was in there did very well :up:

Thats well said and I have to Agree with you once again Justa.... Evans is now a PROVEN WR threat. he needs to be used and taken advanatage of in every aspect of our game. The WR should allow for a deeper cover which as you said will open the running game then it is a simple guessing game the D will have to use to figure which way we are going to play that down. We need to become the DOUBLE THREAT WE are capable of being. :star: