PDA

View Full Version : Bills Goat and Curry Rice

juice
09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
It's not looking good for The Legend Jerry Rice as a viable option in the Raiders Pass game, after he was held without a catch by Nate Clements to end his 20 yr Record Streak that may mark the end of his Carreer.. and starting role in Oak.'s offense.

While shutting down Rice with excellent corner play the Bills struggling Safety play, allowed Ronald Curry to snare 8 catches including the GameBreaking TD pass, 5 Recep. almost 90 yds is a carrer day.

Curry a relative unknown from UNC has Good size, Excellent Speed, and High Football intelligence.. Two Sport Star at UNC, Started QB 3 years and Reciever. Also started at Guard for Carolina B-Ball for one season. Former Mr. Va in two sports in HS, McDonalds All American MVP and Slam Dunk Champ one of the true Two Sport Stars in college Div.1.. Probably the best athlete to come outta UNC Football in the last Decade, including Peppers.

Curry was predicted to be a Rising Star in Oak. and has had that breakout game that may elevate his position on the Depth Chart.. Third behind Rice but rising fast.

His TD reception early in the Bills game was basically due to a Rookie Playing before he's ready, and Burned on Playaction from a Veteran QB.

Why was Baker in on that TD Play at such a criticle point in the game.. If they dont score a TD at that point the Bills wouldn't have had to play from behind and abandone the run game for a Suspect Pass game.

The Defense did some good things in different Blitz packages but seemed to be over-coached with the numerous substitutions in the Defensive Backfield. Trusting that your teamate will handle his responsibilities is important in team "D" as well as a unit playing as one with cohesion.

We got burned by a relative unknown who wouldn't have been a factor if it wasn't for our Sub-Par Safety play and Too many Substitutions.

Not only did we lose but we may have Effectivly ended the Carreer of the Best Football player in League History. :bow:

juice
09-20-2004, 06:19 PM
In the Pre-season folks were prepared to give him the Starting FS Job over Reese after Wire Flunked out.. But his Rookie like Play on the TD Pass to Curry could be one of those Season-Breaking Plays..Exactly why you dont play a Rookie FS.

HenryRules
09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
In the Pre-season folks were prepared to give him the Starting FS Job over Reese after Wire Flunked out.. But his Rookie like Play on the TD Pass to Curry could be one of those Season-Breaking Plays..Exactly why you dont play a Rookie FS.

Who else do we have that can backup at FS? I was upset at the time that he went in there ... but you gotta work in your backups once in a while - otherwise you're dead when injuries start to happen, or when your starters need to come out for a series or two.

A backup is going to touch the field, I don't blame him, Mularkey, or the coaching staff for that play.

juice
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
That the Raiders are looking to Phase Rice out and they think Curry is the man to take over that spot.. Sounds like Curry is primed to take over the #1 position on the Depth Chart.

Curry will be a top Reciver in the AFC.. He has all kinds of upside.

juice
09-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Who else do we have that can backup at FS? I was upset at the time that he went in there ... but you gotta work in your backups once in a while - otherwise you're dead when injuries start to happen, or when your starters need to come out for a series or two.

A backup is going to touch the field, I don't blame him, Mularkey, or the coaching staff for that play.
Yeah you work on you Backups in the Off-Season like Coy Wire, Who would put a Undrafted Rookie FA in a Second Quarter game, Down 3-0, In a must win situation playing next to an EXPERIMENTAL SS.

Wire is a bad enough Situation, this staff put another inexperienced player in a MUST WIN GAME... I absolutely blame the staff and Jerry Gray.. Stupid Move :fury:

HenryRules
09-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah you work on you Backups in the Off-Season like Coy Wire, Who would put a Undrafted Rookie FA in a Second Quarter game, Down 3-0, In a must win situation playing next to an EXPERIMENTAL SS.

Wire is a bad enough Situation, this staff put another inexperienced player in a MUST WIN GAME... I absolutely blame the staff and Jerry Gray.. Stupid Move :fury:

No wonder everyone laughs at your posts. Backups are going to play ... putting them in in a situation where it's 3rd and long and we're not leaving him out alone is an easy situation to work him in. It backfired, but so what? You play your guys and once in a while things aren't going to work out. If he's the best we can do as a backup FS, I'm not going to complain about him or the coaching staff for putting him in there - they had no other options.

juice
09-21-2004, 10:08 AM
No wonder everyone laughs at your posts. Backups are going to play ... putting them in in a situation where it's 3rd and long and we're not leaving him out alone is an easy situation to work him in. It backfired, but so what? You play your guys and once in a while things aren't going to work out. If he's the best we can do as a backup FS, I'm not going to complain about him or the coaching staff for putting him in there - they had no other options.
Backups are Gonna Play? Is that your justification of being 0-2.. Because R. Baker's inexperience cost the Bills the game.. Rookie Backups dont play in MUST WIN SITUATIONS unless the starter is injured.

Have you even played organized Football.. That TD changed the entire outlook of the game.

I see why No one really reads your posts,
Backups are gonna Play Limited Knowledge of the Game is obvious in your case Henry.