Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Sure Matthews does suck ass

Here is Matthews career stats.

Games- 29
    Starts- 22

490-836, 4,712 yards, 30 TD's, 24 INT's, 5 fumbles lost, and 34 Sacks

Sure nothing special but he has gotten sacked at a rate of 1 in every 24.5 pass attempts. He won't win us games by himself but he won't games by himself either
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

He hasn't played behind our offensive line .....

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

Anyone is better than Bledsoe. We need anyone else but him at this point. I wish Losman wasn't hurt...
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• FTG
        • Aug 2004

It could not hurt to try. If he sucks butt as bad or worse than Drew than put Drew back in. Why is Bledsoe some sacred cow that can't be benched for a game
        Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
          • May 2003

On a more serious note, he is going to be a dead cow if he doesn't get out. For real. How much more can the guy take? He already has sauce for brains the way he looks back there. He is going to get killed against the Pats. You see how they treat him. McGinest and Bruschi picking up and slamming him to the ground. I say put Matthews in. He cannot possible do worse. Besides, he has a core of decent players around him. Bledsoe is out of excuses. We have been putting up with this crap for two years. I can't take anymore. Oh well. Look at the bright side. At least we don't suck as bad as the phish!

Comment

• LABillzFan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
            At least we don't suck as bad as the phish!
            No, but letting Shane Matthews play quarterback after four weeks in our system and I'm most certain we'll make the Fish look more like the Patriots.
            Good beef jerkey could possibly be the perfect food.

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

I say start Bledsoe against the Pats. If he struggles and the game is out of reach in the 4th, put in Matthews. If Shane does noticely better, start him the following week.

Byrd.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                He won't win us games by himself but he won't games by himself either
                What are you trying to say here? You should try Proofreading your post for Logic content.

Are you saying Mathews should start or what.. It's Shane Mathews.. dont forget that.

Post something that makes Football Sense.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

yeah if MAtthews was a good backup we wouldn't have gotten him, Chris Redman would have been our backup
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

Here is Matthews career stats.

Games- 29
                    Starts- 22

490-836, 4,712 yards, 30 TD's, 24 INT's, 5 fumbles lost, and 34 Sacks

Sure nothing special but he has gotten sacked at a rate of 1 in every 24.5 pass attempts. He won't win us games by himself but he won't games by himself either

wow... i think you need to see a doctor... the loss this weeek has effecter your judegement. I think we all might have some post traumatic stress disorder going on.

I would say a in game benching might be moe effective for a couple series.but to bench Drew going into the bye? season ever (if it isn't already)

I'm on board wiht LEN P though.... TD passed on Jeff George (who did call us) likeeveryone else.... why not give him a shot....

would he be better? probably not... but at least i;d laugh at that "im about to s*** my pants" look on jeffs face on his way up to the line

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by juice
                      What are you trying to say here? You should try Proofreading your post for Logic content.

Are you saying Mathews should start or what.. It's Shane Mathews.. dont forget that.

Post something that makes Football Sense.
                      What is so hard to understand about it?

He's not gonna win us games by himself as other QB's like Manning, Favre, Elway, Montana, ect. did but he's not gonna lose games by himself as QB's like Rob Johnson, Akili Smith and other bums like them guys did, and yes also Drew Bledsoe.

Then you have caretaker QB's who plays smart like Trent Dilfer(when the Ravens won the SB), Brad Johnson, and Jake Delhomme who doesn't light it up but doesn't make costly mistakes like take costly sacks, TO's, ect. to cost their team games.

For the last two years Bledsoe has fallen under the Rob Johnson category. I'd be happy with someone from the Jake Delhomme category for right now. That's all we need with our defense.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

What is so hard to understand about it?
                        Questionable Grammer.. You forgot a Period and a Verb in your original post.. Grammer Teacher

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• socalfan
                          Old Fogey from Cali
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
                          Questionable Grammer.. You forgot a Period and a Verb in your original post.. Grammer Teacher

GRAMMAR

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Juice of all people trying to correct someone on their grammar, LOL

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                              • Aug 2004

hey strange things happen
                              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

Working...
                              X